QPR v Reading - preseason friendly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
    Hall was missing for half of last season in central defence. Holloway thought it better to play midfield.
    3 full backs in a flat back 4. Yep not much has changed.
    I am not so sure about it hasn't changes, if not then why bother signing Scowen? Pretty sure Scowen will play as holding mf in front of three out of Woszolek/Loungo/Freeman/Manning and Hall will in that case be back as central defender.

It doesn't look to shabby imho but a new right back is a must, and that is obvious what we are looking for.

But sure, moan for the sake of it in stead of looking at where we are heading..

Comment

Oh my God! you lot may as well pack up now - this can't be good for you blood pressure!

pre season friendlies are exactly that! remember beating chelsea and leroy griffiths?

QPR (4-4-2): Day; Forbes, Palmer, Ben Aska, Bruce; Bonnot (Cochrane, 51min), Perry, Peacock, Connolly (Walsh, 90); Thomson, Griffiths (Koejoe, 73).

that team hardly went on to set the world on fire!

Comment

Originally posted by erikmata View Post
        I am not so sure about it hasn't changes, if not then why bother signing Scowen? Pretty sure Scowen will play as holding mf in front of three out of Woszolek/Loungo/Freeman/Manning and Hall will in that case be back as central defender.

It doesn't look to shabby imho but a new right back is a must, and that is obvious what we are looking for.

But sure, moan for the sake of it in stead of looking at where we are heading..
        where exactly are we heading?

i was reffering to not much has changed regarding to players playing out of position.
        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

one things for sure if u are a fakes fan , you'd be a fool not to have a few bob on them to turn us over 1st game of the season

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
            Oh my God! you lot may as well pack up now - this can't be good for you blood pressure!

pre season friendlies are exactly that! remember beating chelsea and leroy griffiths?

QPR (4-4-2): Day; Forbes, Palmer, Ben Aska, Bruce; Bonnot (Cochrane, 51min), Perry, Peacock, Connolly (Walsh, 90); Thomson, Griffiths (Koejoe, 73).

that team hardly went on to set the world on fire!

That actually a good player
            Last edited by Shania; 09-07-2017, 06:17 PM.
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

I'm not too bothered by the score. I would to see some match stats though.

Did anybody watch the game? Was we focusing anymore on possession football?

Comment

Washington on target in defeat
                Read more at https://www.qpr.co.uk/fixtures/first...ing-a-v-qpr-a/

Actually it sounded fairly even. Reading's two goals however were down the left side.
                Last edited by jmelanie; 09-07-2017, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                  Washington on target in defeat
                  Read more at https://www.qpr.co.uk/fixtures/first...ing-a-v-qpr-a/

Actually it sounded fairly even. Reading's two goals however were down the left side.
                  The report was written by the QPR spin site,they will always try to put a positive spin on defeats ,even 5-2 defeats

Comment

[QUOTE=jmelanie;1631985]Washington on target in defeat
                    /[/url]

Did you see it? It was a lucky scuff from a fat part-timer.

Comment

• Perch and Furlong looked overmatched on right side of our defense in the friendlies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ablockhoop View Post

It was behind closed doors, so I doubt anyone other than staff of the clubs got to watch it.

The club will be probably stick some highlights up on the official during the week.

Comment

• Thanks norths. Seen the highlights and it doesn't give away too much. I'm more interested at this stage to see what style of play we are trying to implement this season. I love my qpr but last season was really tough to watch with the direct aimless punts up field. We have the basis of a good team but if we are to play nice passing football then we need to use our players that are comfortable on the ball.

For what it's worth/ don't shoot me down lol

..................smithies
                          New rb.......hall ..............lynch......Robinson
                          ................scowen ........goss..
                          .....yeni...........loungo.........freeman
                          ...................new striker.

Personally although perch is ok championship right back we need more from our fallbacks and I really don't rate any of our 3 strikers

All 9 of that team are at least comfortable on the ball

Comment

Thanks norths. Seen the highlights and it doesn't give away too much. I'm more interested at this stage to see what style of play we are trying to implement this season. I love my qpr but last season was really tough to watch with the direct aimless punts up field. We have the basis of a good team but if we are to play nice passing football then we need to use our players that are comfortable on the ball.

For what it's worth/ don't shoot me down lol

..................smithies
                            New rb.......hall ..............lynch......Robinson
                            ................scowen ........goss..
                            .....yeni...........loungo.........freeman
                            ...................new striker.

Personally although perch is ok championship right back we need more from our fallbacks and I really don't rate any of our 3 strikers

All 9 of that team are at least comfortable on the ball

No disrespect to you ofcourse, but the majority of the awful style of football you mention 'aimless punts up field' came from one of your named centre backs? Lynch has to be the biggest culprit of that last season!

Interesting that you have no place for Manning either?

Looking at that side, really gives me no confidence what so ever for the forthcoming season.

Comment

• At the start of the season lynch was keeping the ball down and playing from the back. Just because lynch was kicking it long that doesn't necessarily mean he wanted to. That could of been the instruction he recieved from the manager. Just a thought anyway.

But too be honest I'd quiet happily have a new center half a head of him.

And Lincoln you are right. I can't see how we will finish above 15th this season with this squad.

Comment

possession football?? Come on mate, what planet are you on. We're QPR and play in the 2nd tier of English football not Barcelona!

Comment

Working...
                                X