Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
    You know that do you?
    It isn't hard to gather. Costs are slowly being cut, the squad trimmed. If Smithies and Luongo were to leave, they'd be replaced by loans or free agents (many Championship quality players are yet to find clubs). With the greatest of respect to to Matt Smith, if the budget had been more flexible it would have been more likely Holloway would have gone for the 'Glenn Murray' type forward he spoke of; David Nugent, Ross McCormack and Sam Winnall just three previously linked. Costs are slowly being cut at Rangers with the growing realisation promotion is not feasible. A few million pounds may be put into the team this summer, but as Ferdinand put - it is sell to buy.

I pray I'm wrong and that someone can call me out in 12 months time, but probably not.

Comment

Imo smith was a stop gap signing it could be said in hindsight with out Smith's goals we'd have been religated , if ands it's a BIG IF we could raise 15m in sales it would be a spit in the ocean with our debts so why wouldn't the club use it to stabilise
      Last edited by dogsrrs; 06-07-2017, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensParkPurgatory View Post
        It isn't hard to gather. Costs are slowly being cut, the squad trimmed. If Smithies and Luongo were to leave, they'd be replaced by loans or free agents (many Championship quality players are yet to find clubs). With the greatest of respect to to Matt Smith, if the budget had been more flexible it would have been more likely Holloway would have gone for the 'Glenn Murray' type forward he spoke of; David Nugent, Ross McCormack and Sam Winnall just three previously linked. Costs are slowly being cut at Rangers with the growing realisation promotion is not feasible. A few million pounds may be put into the team this summer, but as Ferdinand put - it is sell to buy.

I pray I'm wrong and that someone can call me out in 12 months time, but probably not.

Nothing wrong with that policy of selling for a profit and polishing a few gems, u will always end up with a few turds as well but we are a small club with little income.
        Burnley, Huddersfield and Bournemouth should be our role models.

Comment

He wanted to leave too didn't he? Brilliant business.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
            Come Reb if turns out to be good it's got to be a better deal there's over another 3m for the kitty
            Ya possibly but I just hate when our young decent prospects leave,you'd think after supporting the club for 45 years I'd be well used to it by now.

Comment

So if he does turn out to be good whats 1.5 - 4 & half million in this day and age of decent players! personally think thats pants only going to a max 4 & half million myself! should of had loads more addons taking it into double figures if he turns out good! and if by then they werent intereted well do one
              http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

There's more than likely a sell on percentage to.

Comment

If he turns out #### shall we pay Everton back?

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                    Time will tell I suppose, if he turns out to be a dud then yes,but if he turns out to be decent then no,but unfortunately nobody else came in for him so we had no choice but to sell him to the highest /only bidder .good luck to the kid
                    Plus the fact that he turned down our contract offer so we never had a hope in hell of keeping him anyway. 4mill for a youngster who's played 20mins for us is great business.
                    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                    Pawel Wszolek - 6
                    Luke Freeman - 6
                    Matt Smith - 6
                    Ebere Eze - 4
                    Joel Lynch - 3
                    Tomer Hemed - 3
                    Toni Leistner - 2
                    Massimo Luongo- 2
                    Angel Rangel - 2
                    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                    Geoff Cameron - 1
                    Aramide Oteh - 1
                    Jake Bidwell - 1
                    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                      Plus the fact that he turned down our contract offer so we never had a hope in hell of keeping him anyway. 4mill for a youngster who's played 20mins for us is great business.
                      exactly and with all respect to the board, we do make a profit more often than not on players we sell ie, polter and chery.

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                        reputed to be interested in bringing Rooney back. That will p*ss off true Everton fans

£26m 3 year deal to be announced before the end of this w/e. And Utd will be paying his wages for the 1st year !

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                          So if he does turn out to be good whats 1.5 - 4 & half million in this day and age of decent players! personally think thats pants only going to a max 4 & half million myself! should of had loads more addons taking it into double figures if he turns out good! and if by then they werent intereted well do one
                          He's got a year left mate. Then he goes on a tribunal.

Bloody good effort from the club negotiating such a good deal in opinion. If the lad don't wanna be here then all we could do was make sure we got the right price for him!

Comment

It's a batsman's game. No loss.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensParkPurgatory View Post

When everyone on here was crying we want our rangers back - well here it is! Before big money came in we were always a selling club..only the madness of the last few premiership years did we try to be a buying club without the finances to back it up. we have now reverted to type. and yes will sell to buy. tests how we were for the previous 100 years of our existence

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                                Figure "could " rise to £4 million in time depending on how his career goes,for now we get £1.5 million NOT £4 million. Not much for Holloway to spend but better than the zero amount he has had so far this summer to spend so we are looking for decent bargains.

Comment

Working...
                                X