Why was SWP so rubbish with us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why was SWP so rubbish with us

That should have been a decent bit of business. Was decent age had pedigree behind him but it just never happened

Other the. Chelsea away at New Years he contributed nothing

Same as most of the other crap we spent fortunes on.

Seems to be a QPR curse. Apart from Austin and Smithies I can't think of a player who's been fantastic for us. Some have been ok, most shite.

Comment

Maybe his wages long contract turned his head , but it's the old story marry in haste repent in leasure ! I don't blame Warnock he had a fortnight of panic buying Phil Beard has a lot to answer for in his short period

Comment

Who knows, when you watch the way tony Fernandes hugged him at wembley he must have thought money well spent! I think he was struggling for goals early on and had a good goal disallowed at Loftus road (can't remember who against) and that seemed to finish him, maybe he thought "what the heck this is easy money why should I bother after that............

Comment

I blame him for starting all these stupid double barrelled names. Maybe all those letters on his back weighed him down.

Comment

I was genuinely excited when he first joined, but like the rest of us, the excitement soon turned to dismay.
            I think SWPs most dangerous role was sprinting into the gap between the opposing mid field and defence where his speed could kill any defender in the league. Unfortunately, whether it was our 'game plan' or just shorter, more compact pitches in the Championship, he just never really showed his true capabilities and then I guess he got comfy doing #### all and raking in good money. Shame, but another potential star signing blighted by the Rangers curse!
            2011-2013, 2 seasons in the Premiership, 76 games, 14 wins........two years of my life I'll never get back!!

2013/2014 mediocrity topped off with a win at Wembley....

2014/2015 was pretty much the same as 2011-2013.....

2015/2016, average at best.....

2016/2017, same old, same old....

2017/2018, aim low, avoid disappointment!

Its the hope that kills you!

Comment

Horribly one-dimensional footballer who had nothing to offer once he lost his pace. Absolutely stole a very healthy living.

...... Run down wing with ball..... Turn inside....... Lose ball or get tackled...... Walk back....... Wait for a while...... Run down wing with ball..... Turn inside..... Lose ball or get tackled....... Walk back.....

Comment

Originally posted by maverick69 View Post
                Horribly one-dimensional footballer who had nothing to offer once he lost his pace. Absolutely stole a very healthy living.

...... Run down wing with ball..... Turn inside....... Lose ball or get tackled...... Walk back....... Wait for a while...... Run down wing with ball..... Turn inside..... Lose ball or get tackled....... Walk back.....
                Not forgetting his eye for goal, rarely troubled the keepers, appalling in front of goal
                I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

His first ever game for us vs Newcastle at home was superb. The whole team were to be fair. Went downhill from there though.
                  "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Only time he ever got past a defender at QPR was when the wage packets were handed out and Bosingwa was tying his shoelaces up.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
                      His first ever game for us vs Newcastle at home was superb. The whole team were to be fair. Went downhill from there though.
                      Traore was immense that game too
                      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                        Traore was immense that game too

before he went off injured....

Comment

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
                          Who knows, when you watch the way tony Fernandes hugged him at wembley he must have thought money well spent! I think he was struggling for goals early on and had a good goal disallowed at Loftus road (can't remember who against) and that seemed to finish him, maybe he thought "what the heck this is easy money why should I bother after that............
                          The disallowed goal might have been at home against west brom? Seem to recall a controversial decision in that game

Let's not forget the part he played in getting bosingwa sent off as well

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

before he went off injured....
                            Never recovered from that

Comment

If takeover had happened a little bit earlier, we'd have signed Routledge....and never have to put up with SWP.

Comment

Working...
                              X