Why was SWP so rubbish with us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
    If takeover had happened a little bit earlier, we'd have signed Routledge....and never have to put up with SWP.
    Yes, that was a real balls up by us. Routs would have been great for us in the Prem
    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

My recollection is that SWP's career had gone stale and he hadn't had any meaningful game time for quite a while.

We were an opportunity to still get paid mega bucks but also play.

As others have said fantastic first display against Newcastle. Destroyed their fullback.

It is his job to perform but very much a confidence player and the chaos of QPR would have been enough to destroy most players confidence. Have nothing against him really. Disappointed and should have done better but partly wrong player at wrong club at wrong time.

Comment

Bernie and Flavio dropped us in the brown stuff after promotion. If Warnock had been given a budget early on he wouldn't have spent big on last minute bargains. Seems more likely that there would have been a more measured approach and probably stealing some of the best Championship players from that promotion season. Warnock was about building team spirit, motivating players and finding leaders rather than buying in overpriced has beens. Boswinga would definitely have failed the Sharon test.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
          If takeover had happened a little bit earlier, we'd have signed Routledge....and never have to put up with SWP.
          I remember chatting to a couple of fans after he signed...they were annoyed we didnt sign Routeldge but both in agreement that they were much happier with SWP anyway! Its SWP for crying out loud! Hindsight eh

Comment

Originally posted by maverick69 View Post
            Horribly one-dimensional footballer who had nothing to offer once he lost his pace. Absolutely stole a very healthy living.

...... Run down wing with ball..... Turn inside....... Lose ball or get tackled...... Walk back....... Wait for a while...... Run down wing with ball..... Turn inside..... Lose ball or get tackled....... Walk back.....
            nicked a living here , one of the worst signings . gave very little effort

Comment

Working...
            X