We are not stupid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are not stupid

Lack of transfer activity even though both Bircham and Holloway said we would conclude our business early

We have a plan b and c if initial targets don't come off - we must be nearly at plan z

No update on FFP - clearly impacting our transfer activity.

Definition of insanity is doing the same things and expecting different results. I'm genuinely concerned about the season ahead

There's a real apathy and non interest at the moment. We deserve better communication

Rant over!

Originally posted by Mem View Post
    Lack of transfer activity even though both Bircham and Holloway said we would conclude our business early

We have a plan b and c if initial targets don't come off - we must be nearly at plan z

Definition of insanity is doing the same things and expecting different results. I'm genuinely concerned about the season ahead

There's a real apathy and non interest at the moment. We deserve better communication

Rant over!
    Not wrong. Worried.

Comment

Originally posted by Mem View Post

Rant over!
      Same here.

I expect they do have targets, but these are likely to be in the free transfer - £150,000 range and maybe loans which can throw up some bargains although I am not expecting much to be honest.

I guess the realistic target for QPR this season is to stay out of the bottom 6 and not much else.

Given the quality of football last season, I am not planning on watching much of it this time around.

Comment

This seems unfair, We have signed one player when his contract ended at the end of June. We need I guess about 3-4 more first team players who are quality. Guess what so does the other 23 Championship teams with cash on the hip... It takes time to get the right players and actually for the first time in many years the last 12 months of players coming and going has been of great value. We have two maybe three top keepers. We have purchased well when it comes to Ollie's last window.... Clubs we want to buy from will be holding out for the best possible price... and if they have a player which is good enough for the championship they know making clubs like us wait is in their best interest to push up the price.

As for communication, I am sure we can have some sound bites Ollie saying "I am looking for 1-2" like good old Arry use to do... but what we don't want is our targets being publically announced alerting the other 23 clubs in our division who looking too.

Comment

Lack of transfer activity even though both Bircham and Holloway said we would conclude our business early - few clubs have had much activity. Even those in the PL.

We have a plan b and c if initial targets don't come off - we must be nearly at plan z - we're probably on plan E

No update on FFP - clearly impacting our transfer activity. - how is this the clubs fault?

Definition of insanity is doing the same things and expecting different results. I'm genuinely concerned about the season ahead - at the end of most windows most of us seem pleased with the signings. Some work, some don't. All clubs are the same.

There's a real apathy and non interest at the moment. We deserve better communication - what can the club say?

I generally don't believe that the club aren't twiddling their fingers but are working hard on bringing in the right personnel and finalising the training ground move. Let's all try and be a bit more positive!

Comment

Two ways at looking at this.

1. FFP is nearly concluded and MAY allow MORE funds to become free e.g. Buy a ruddy decent striker
            2. They dont feel they need much, not another ALL out ALL in job this year.

Wouldnt always look at the negatives, transfers dont solve everything, sometimes tactics and squad morale goes a very long way.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeSheronLoveChild View Post
              Lack of transfer activity even though both Bircham and Holloway said we would conclude our business early - few clubs have had much activity. Even those in the PL.

We have a plan b and c if initial targets don't come off - we must be nearly at plan z - we're probably on plan E

No update on FFP - clearly impacting our transfer activity. - how is this the clubs fault?

Definition of insanity is doing the same things and expecting different results. I'm genuinely concerned about the season ahead - at the end of most windows most of us seem pleased with the signings. Some work, some don't. All clubs are the same.

There's a real apathy and non interest at the moment. We deserve better communication - what can the club say?

I generally don't believe that the club aren't twiddling their fingers but are working hard on bringing in the right personnel and finalising the training ground move. Let's all try and be a bit more positive!
              Given that the BBC article in May suggested that the FFP decision was a few weeks away, the club could have communicated that this is still ongoing. Or are they under some kind of Football League embargo.

As I have stated on another thread, QPR will be signing players after pre-season has concluded and will then state excuses that they need time to gel and haven't had pre-season training etc, In other words the same as last season and the Premiership seasons.

Comment

What do you expect with these numpties in charge about par for the course.

Comment

Arent we about 4 days into the transfer market? or am i wrong? sure its july 1st!
                  http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

They do tend to say a lot of bovine excrement when the early bird discount for season tickets is on then nothing.
                    When you look at the current squad with the depth and imbalance of it we are going to struggle and all we get is Mackies blog.
                    All it takes is a little 'we are still actively persuing targets'.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                      Arent we about 4 days into the transfer market? or am i wrong? sure its july 1st!
                      They can purchase players earlier (Luongo and Gladwin were bought in May 2015), however if they are free transfers i.e. out of contract, then yes, they must wait until 1st July, although they can sign binding pre contract agreements earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                        They do tend to say a lot of bovine excrement when the early bird discount for season tickets is on then nothing.
                        When you look at the current squad with the depth and imbalance of it we are going to struggle and all we get is Mackies blog.
                        All it takes is a little 'we are still actively persuing targets'.

Maybe they dont need to let us know as its quite obvious they are actively persuing targets lol
                        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

I am. I'm looking forward to Reading.

Comment

Quite like the fact we are quietly going about our business

Comment

Did say a week or so back if you have a plan for the season you need to have options for the players you're after to get your plan up an running early doors no good bringing in players after the big kick off especially from abroad then waiting for them to settle in after January , not too many of last season's signings played more than half the season

Comment

Working...
                              X