Championship clubs spending.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Championship clubs spending.

We spunked some money but Wolves are said to be paying £20 mil on Ruben Neves whoever he is. And there's us shopping at Poundland. How things have changed.

Our spending is scowen to see us struggle again this season.

Comment

But the club is broke, no money to spend unless we sell,free transfers and loans will be it,we need to be realistic about next season,the aim is to avoid relegation

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
        We spunked some money but Wolves are said to be paying £20 mil on Ruben Neves whoever he is. And there's us shopping at Poundland. How things have changed.
        Wolves spent big last summer as well

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
          Wolves spent big last summer as well
          And see where that got them. Spending money doesn't always bring results. You need a good balanced team who work well together. One player doesn't necessarily do this.

Comment

Think few clubs such as Wolves villa etc will end up in same boat we are as their new owners are following our high spending scatter gun approach to success which failed. I'm not overly worried as there seems to be no logic to their spending

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
              You can get some good bargains at Poundland.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                And see where that got them. Spending money doesn't always bring results. You need a good balanced team who work well together. One player doesn't necessarily do this.
                Exactly

Seems strange that Neves is going there, though. Get that wolves are probably being used as a shop window, but he could've easily gone to a prem club.

Comment

With all these foreign owners, TV money, parachute payments etc I think the championship is starting to become Prem 2. Wolves have spent 30mil on 2 players plus another 10 another. Something dodgy going on there

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                    With all these foreign owners, TV money, parachute payments etc I think the championship is starting to become Prem 2. Wolves have spent 30mil on 2 players plus another 10 another. Something dodgy going on there
                    Remind you of a premiership team?

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                      But the club is broke, no money to spend unless we sell,free transfers and loans will be it,we need to be realistic about next season,the aim is to avoid relegation
                      If you start off like that might as well not bother. Huddersfield did not overspend (got a number of loans though) and they got promoted. Not sure they'll stay there though. Burnley did not overspend. Not sure how much Brighton spent.

Comment

Huddersfield promotion was against all odds and very rarely happens. If we have any expectations, then the owners do need to spend. Our problem is ffp which is a ridiculous ruling that will stop smaller clubs like us progress. How wolves can get away with spending 18m on 1 player is fu cking disgusting like my language and no way is that a level playing field
                        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                          Huddersfield promotion was against all odds and very rarely happens. If we have any expectations, then the owners do need to spend. Our problem is ffp which is a ridiculous ruling that will stop smaller clubs like us progress. How wolves can get away with spending 18m on 1 player is fu cking disgusting like my language and no way is that a level playing field
                          Something dodgy going on at Wolves mate an agent is running the place. They spent 15 million on Helder Costa, 10 mil on Cavahlero and now 18 on this Porto player.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                            Something dodgy going on at Wolves mate an agent is running the place. They spent 15 million on Helder Costa, 10 mil on Cavahlero and now 18 on this Porto player.
                            Exactly mate. With average attendance's at wolves being at only 21,000, just over 6000 more than us and minus any parachute payment I am completely baffled as to why they haven't been pulled up on it.
                            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                              Exactly mate. With average attendance's at wolves being at only 21,000, just over 6000 more than us and minus any parachute payment I am completely baffled as to why they haven't been pulled up on it.
                              Seems like 1 rule for the bigger clubs, 1 rule for the smaller ones.
                              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                              Pawel Wszolek - 6
                              Luke Freeman - 6
                              Matt Smith - 6
                              Ebere Eze - 4
                              Joel Lynch - 3
                              Tomer Hemed - 3
                              Toni Leistner - 2
                              Massimo Luongo- 2
                              Angel Rangel - 2
                              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2