2018/19 Playing Squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    I can honestly say that we probably have one of the strongest cores of any championship squad. We look stacked in CB and CM and even on the wings with Lua Lua Back... just need someone at left back and maybe another striker and we'd have a very good play off standard side.
    Even by your blue and white tinted glasses; this statement is outrageous Nasser... We're no where near a good play off side. Have you seen the size of the clubs in this league and what's been spent compared to our squad?

I could name 12 teams with a stronger squad than ours in this league.
    Last edited by West London is Rss; 01-09-2017, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
      JET is still at the Club. Shouldn`t he start to perform anytime soon? The talent is there..
      Nah. JETs done at this club. Released next summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
        He's got a point about the size of the squad, though.

Could do with trimming it by 5-8 players.
        I agree Norths, which is why people moaning about lack of signings is a bit rich.
        Our squad is still bloated as it stands

Comment

Bump

Would be great if a mod can edit the changes needed to the list on the first page (always deletes the post when attempting it from a phone.)

Comment

https://www.11v11.com/teams/queens-p...s/tab/players/

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
              Even by your blue and white tinted glasses; this statement is outrageous Nasser... We're no where near a good play off side. Have you seen the size of the clubs in this league and what's been spent compared to our squad?

I could name 12 teams with a stronger squad than ours in this league.
              They've spent well, but how many midfield's have played as well and consistently as Scowen, Luongo and Freeman have? That is a very very strong midfield at this level. Centre backs? Onuoha, Hall, Robinson, Baptiste, Lynch are all again very good players for this level given their roles We've got one of the best keepers in this league. Where we're weak is out wide and up front and that's not what I'd consider core of the side.

The wings have gotten weaker because we haven't used wingers correctly granted and we're sticking wingers at wing backs and full backs at wing back and not really working them right, but with the right manager and the correct formation for the players available, we're a right back, a left mid and a striker away from a very good side at this level.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

They've spent well, but how many midfield's have played as well and consistently as Scowen, Luongo and Freeman have? That is a very very strong midfield at this level. Centre backs? Onuoha, Hall, Robinson, Baptiste, Lynch are all again very good players for this level given their roles We've got one of the best keepers in this league. Where we're weak is out wide and up front and that's not what I'd consider core of the side.

The wings have gotten weaker because we haven't used wingers correctly granted and we're sticking wingers at wing backs and full backs at wing back and not really working them right, but with the right manager and the correct formation for the players available, we're a right back, a left mid and a striker away from a very good side at this level.
                In fact, I'll tell you since I'm the stats man.

Mass, Freeman and Scowen have an average whoscored rating of: 7.15
                Wolves have an average (Saiss and Neves) of: 7.17
                Derby have an average (Huddlestone, Ledley and Vydra) of: 7.00
                Cardiff have an average (Bryson, Damour, Ralls) of: 6.78; even put in Gunnarson for Bryson who's made only two more appearances and it's still 7.01)
                Bristol City have an average (Pack, Smith) of: 6.78
                Aston Villa have an average (Onomah, Hourihane, Wheelan) of: 6.93
                and finally Leeds have an average (Saiz, Phillips, O'Kane) of: 7.00

We have a better performing midfield than every single side in the play offs and by the team in second place in the league. Wolves are the only team in that top 6 with a better performing midfield than ours and theirs cost them around 20mil and only exists because of the work of Jorge Mendes and his relationship with the current regime at Wolves.

Then compare how good that side of our team is with the rest of it...

Wing backs: Bidwell and Wszolek average 6.85

Strikers: Smith, Washington, Sylla, Mackie average 6.76

Centre backs: 6.93 (better than the other two positions).

Now, this whole metric isn't perfect (they gave smithies a 6.52 average but for background, keepers who concede and don't keep clean sheets don't tend to get good scores, regardless of how well they play in spite of the lack of a clean sheet), but this is a very good metric that highlights the point that we're stronger in centre back and centre mid than most others in this league and we really need to acknowledge that and use it to our advantage, instead of just ignoring it because the rest of the team is underperforming.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

?
                  Then why are we sitting 17th in the table if we’re that good?

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                    ?
                    Then why are we sitting 17th in the table if we’re that good?
                    Manager?

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                      Manager?
                      Yep he’s rubbish but I don’t think we’re as good as made out above. Comfortable mid table I’d say.

Comment

Yep he’s rubbish but I don’t think we’re as good as made out above. Comfortable mid table I’d say.
                        Smithies, Robinson, Scowen, Luongo, Freeman. That core is play-offs.

Comment

I did say we had the backbone and our weaknesses were simply wing back and strikers. In this league two things can make a big difference: Pace and energy out wide, finishing up front. Wszolek supplies pace and energy but without the defensive side and Bidwell doesn't supply any pace but we know his limitations. Finishing up front... lol.

Comment

I think our midfield had gone backwards recently

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                              I think our midfield had gone backwards recently
                              Totally, Freeman has gone right off the boil. Not that I totally blame him. Any creative player would struggle to pick a pass with our front line these last few months.

I'm hoping we'll see a new dawn now with a couple of fearless young lads with a bit of pace up there. Hopefully it brings the best out of Mas and Freeman.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                                Totally, Freeman has gone right off the boil. Not that I totally blame him. Any creative player would struggle to pick a pass with our front line these last few months.

I'm hoping we'll see a new dawn now with a couple of fearless young lads with a bit of pace up there. Hopefully it brings the best out of Mas and Freeman.
                                The last few matches they've only performed individually. Scowen did well against Cardiff but the other two weren't great. Luongo did very well against millwall, the other two didn't, Freeman did well against Ipswich, the others didn't. There's always gonna be periods like that, but they're all still great players and Luongo imo right now is above this level, Freeman would be if he had pace, given his role, Scowen will be above this level.

Comment

Working...
                                X