No announcement yet.

2018/19 Playing Squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too right i dont, i think we should have stan as the new manager! goals upfront have been the problem and we`ve had soo many chances that havnt been taken it wouldnt matter what system you use! said umpteen times now.
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

And whoever he changed around uptop they never was good enough to make the spots theres! and then a midfield that dont chip in goals wise, & hopefully now we`ve got abit of variation and pace with youngsters aswell the confidence levels will change hopefully allover.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
        Too right i dont, i think we should have stan as the new manager! goals upfront have been the problem and we`ve had soo many chances that havnt been taken it wouldnt matter what system you use! said umpteen times now.
        Pinkie, with respect, that is fundamentally flawed logic. It lacks critical thinking because it does not account for not playing to players' strengths, especially those with a limited skill set - as I have detailed in the above post.

I'm not here to keep arguing this point ad nauseum though, especially as it's a new year....and HNY whilst we're on the subject

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
          Pinkie, with respect, that is fundamentally flawed logic. It lacks critical thinking because it does not account for not playing to players' strengths, especially those with a limited skill set - as I have detailed in my above post.

I'm not here to keep arguing this point ad nauseum though, especially as it's a new year....and HNY whilst we're on the subject
          Happy new year stan if thats the case mate by youre logic we should just look for smiths head all season prior to now can just imagine the stick ollie would of got, he got stick people going on about a poor plan b to smith as it was

Comment

Happy new year stan if thats the case mate by youre logic we should just look for smiths head all season prior to now
            Smith, Sylla and Wheeler would all have had a lot more goals this season if they'd had out and out wingers to feed them. Again, that's what plays to their strengths.

Comment

Happy new year stan if thats the case mate by youre logic we should just look for smiths head all season prior to now can just imagine the stick ollie would of got, he got stick people going on about a poor plan b to smith as it was
              This is why we shouldn't argue with you mate. You only see black and white, when in real life there are about a million shades of grey in between.
              Last edited by Tarbie; 04-01-2018, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Mackie now out for the season

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                  Mackie now out for the season
                  Is it wrong that I celebrated that news a little bit? Nothing against the guy, just rather he wasn't available for Ollie to pick!

Comment

Smith, Sylla and Wheeler would all have had a lot more goals this season if they'd had out and out wingers to feed them. Again, that's what plays to their strengths.
                    Isn't Wheeler a winger or is it now ok to play players "out of position" ? Vaguely remember an absolute outcry when Wheeler was played as a CF at Derby.....

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                      Isn't Wheeler a winger or is it now ok to play players "out of position" ? Vaguely remember an absolute outcry when Wheeler was played as a CF at Derby.....
                      Played as a lone striker against Derby, which is never his game. Bit of debate on here in the past about whether Wheeler is a winger or an inside forward (or if there is even that much of a difference between the 2). Bottom line is he is best played off a central striker, or wide of 3 up top.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                        Isn't Wheeler a winger?
                        Not an out and out one, no. Scored all his Exeter goals from more central areas, many of them with his head, a la Boro away this season - the one and only game he played with a strike partner for QPR, and scored after 2 mins.

As Tarbie says:
                        Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                        Bottom line is he is best played off a central striker, or wide of 3 up top.

Comment

Not an out and out one, no. Scored all his Exeter goals from more central areas, many of them with his head, a la Boro away this season - his one and only game he played with a strike partner for QPR, and scored after 2 mins.

As Tarbie says:
                          Seems we are well stocked in players to play off a central striker with the inclusion of Smyth, Osayi-Samuel and Eze. And with Oteh coming in as an alternative to Smith and Sylla (if he stays), I actually quite like the look of our front line going into the second half of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                            Is it wrong that I celebrated that news a little bit? Nothing against the guy, just rather he wasn't available for Ollie to pick!
                            No.

Never wish an injury on anyone, let alone 110% effort elbows. But we need others to on the pitch.

Comment

Looking ahead to next season:

Originally posted by Norths View Post
                              GK

Smithies
                              Lumley
                              Ingram

DF

Hall
                              Onuoha - Question marks over his future
                              Robinson - same as ned
                              Furlong
                              Lynch
                              Bidwell
                              Baptiste

MF

Freeman
                              Luongo
                              Scowen
                              Manning
                              Cousins
                              Chair

ATT

Wszolek
                              Wheeler
                              Shodipo
                              Smyth
                              BOS

ST

Washington
                              Sylla
                              Smith
                              Eze
                              Oteh
                              Whats needed/Where to improve?

Comment

I can probably see six or seven of those names not being here

Comment

Working...
                                X