No announcement yet.

Bands to see live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seen the Specials, Madness , the Beat ,Paul Weller ,the Who , Boogie Down Productions , Funkadelic, Aggrolites, Dreadzone , M People ,Kaiser Chiefs , i could go on ...

Stand out concerts for me was Funkadelic at Brixton Acadamy , the Who in Hyde Park and Specials at Hammersmith .
    Worst by far was Dreadzone at Shepherds Bush , spent the whole evening barging crusties out of the way, they were stage diving and generally being a pain in the a rse , i cant remember who persuaded me to see those soap dodgers , but never again !
    Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Rolling Stones, Springsteen, Genesis at Wembley Stadium. The Kinks at Hammersmith Palais. Johhny Winter at Hammersmith Odeon. Queen/Status Quo/Big Country at Knebworth Park are a few that stand out.
      Someone mentioned Squeeze earlier in the thread. Very underrated band IMO and very talented songwriters. Enjoy my friend.

Comment

15/16 sham 69 , uk subs , clash , madness and specials before they became pop bands , damned , vibrators ,combat 84 , the hidden charms most of the mod revival bands , last 2 gigs were big audio and squeeze at the sheps bush empire . these are some of my favorites not to forget tilburys ' angela rippons bum'

Comment

Originally posted by UpperP View Post
          Rolling Stones, Springsteen, Genesis at Wembley Stadium. The Kinks at Hammersmith Palais. Johhny Winter at Hammersmith Odeon. Queen/Status Quo/Big Country at Knebworth Park are a few that stand out.
          Someone mentioned Squeeze earlier in the thread. Very underrated band IMO and very talented songwriters. Enjoy my friend.
          difford and tilbrook top drawer

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnykc View Post
            Even sadder was the fact that my mate who had the tickets sent them back in order to get the refund whereas I wanted to keep them in case they ended up as super valuable rock memorabilia....
            Would have loved to have seen them mate Nevermind is one of my all time favourite albums. Mate of mine went Reading festival one year to see a few various bands and little did he know Nirvana were playing in the big tent they have there (can't remember the name of the stage). He said most of the festival goes tried to cram into the tent!

Comment

Saw madness at Finsbury Park many moons ago and Finlay Quaye was supporting them.
              The long and short of it was his set didn't go down too well with the crowd and his drummer launched his sticks at someone who'd been giving him abuse. They had to run off stage within seconds as about 2000 half full plastic pint glasses were launched back in unison. Madness weren't bad either !
              “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
              Will Danaher

Comment

Seeing madness would be my pet hate. Hate them with a passion. I always think of Michael buble, 2 totally different acts but as #### as each other yet are popular with fans that clearly love cheese and zero taste
                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                  Seeing madness would be my pet hate. Hate them with a passion. I always think of Michael buble, 2 totally different acts but as #### as each other yet are popular with fans that clearly love cheese and zero taste
                  Love a bit of cheese me.
                  Will Danaher

Comment

Saw Glenn Tilbrook at my mate's festival a few weeks ago - one of the highlights - it's a great little festival and cheap - Ģ60 for the weekend - in lovely fields near Biggin Hill: http://www.hopefestival.co.uk/

My mate's band The Ripoffs played Friday night, they are a fantastic punk and rock covers band fronted by Ben Darvill of Son of Dave. Their version of The Ace of Spades this time round blew my mind.

PS I know what you mean about the Dreadzone audience Vesps, but I love their music!

Comment

green day, charlatans and acdc are all great live bands.
                      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnykc View Post
                        Even sadder was the fact that my mate who had the tickets sent them back in order to get the refund whereas I wanted to keep them in case they ended up as super valuable rock memorabilia....
                        Saw them a couple of times. Donīt beat yourself up. They were really nothing special.
                        https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Madness at earls ct , was beautiful just beautiful. Skins and blacks together. See them at the ally pally and got in the video of our house. There ain't a better band out there lads . Gutted there cfc
                          Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
                            Madness at earls ct , was beautiful just beautiful. Skins and blacks together. See them at the ally pally and got in the video of our house. There ain't a better band out there lads . Gutted there cfc
                            Cracking night out is madness a right good old singalong

The wife loves them too

Comment

I'd put any man who doesn't like a bit of madness in the same category as those with a limp handshake or ones who don't like sport.
                              Wrong-uns and not to be trusted.
                              Will Danaher

Comment

Seen too many bands to mention but primal scream are so good live. I rarely like music these days so generally go see older stuff. Have tickets got for cast and shed seven at a small gig in Nov, tickets bought for weller in March and will do my annual trip to Dublin to see ocean colour scene at the end of the year.
                                PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Working...
                                X