Bands to see live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bands to see live

Just wondered what modern day bands you would like to see live, or bands you've already seen that live in the memory.
    I've always like the Foo fighters and thought they did the business at Glastonbury. Tried to get tickets yesterday for their gig at the O2 but sold out within minutes. Now selling for upwards of £1500 a pair.
    Saw the Pogues many moons ago at the Brixton academy, Shane was hammered as usual but still a crazy night in a small venue full of pished up paddies.
    I've always regretted not going to see the clash in their heyday as I can only imagine how good it would have been.
    Regretted going to see the Eels about 4 years ago. Always liked their old songs but the whole concert was full of new stuff and covers which were shite, a lot of people there weren't too happy.
    “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
    Will Danaher

I've seen Linkin Park 4 times (brilliant live), Foo Fighters, Bon Jovi, Kid Rock, 30 Seconds to Mars, lostprophets (before the guy was outed as a paedo), Marilyn Manson (that was interesting), Kaiser Chiefs, All Time Low, Biffy Clyro, Green Day (another brilliant live act) and Slipknot.

Tomorrow I'm going to Hyde Park to see Green Day again, as well as Stiff Little Fingers, The Stranglers, The Hives and Rancid. There are other bands playing but those are the main ones for me. Green Day are superb live.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

had a ticket for Kate Bush concert c.1979 and passed on it to go on the pi** now content in watching decent pub bands
      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
      This morning's tempest I have to cross
      I must be guided without a stumble
      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

In my time I've seen some incredible live gigs - in the 70s: Queen at Hammersmith Odeon, Rainbow at the Rainbow, X-Ray Spex, The Lurkers, Joy Division, The Only Ones, The Clash are ones that immediately spring to mind, in the early 80s: The Damned, The Stray Cats, Echo and the Bunnymen, Human League, Siouxsie and the Banshees, The Waterboys, Prince.... again these all spring to mind as great gigs.... but there are 10x more than that that I saw but don't remember!

These days I rarely see bands live - I hate large stadiums and prefer to see bands at intimate venues, so mainly its bands that I know personally I go and see, bands I bet you've never heard of, like the Thunderdogs or Damidge!

Comment

Seen over the years;
          Level 42, UB40, Edwin Starr, Luther Vandross, Stevie Wonder, Rod Stewart, Shakatak, Rose Royce, Cameo, Sister Sledge, Jimmy James and the Vagabonds, Mary Wells, Commodores, Kool and the Gang, Eric Clapton, Phil Collins, Joan Armatrading, Big Country, Bryan Adams, Elton John, Dire Straits, Brian May, Paul McCartney, George Michael, Temptations, Tina Turner, Midge Ure, Status Quo, Howard Jones, Ruby Turner, Billy Ocean, some seen more than a few times and there must be a few more. Some were just going along with mates others my choosing.

All great live except The Commodores (after Lionel Richtea) and Joan Armaplating,

Best places Hammersmith Apollo (or whatever its called now) and the Royal Albert

Missed the chance to see the Clash and Elvis Costello back in the day, also had tickets for MJ but the bar steward died on me.
          I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Some great bands there.
            I bought my Mrs a ticket for a Kate Bush concert a while ago, I could only get one and she absolutely loves her so she went on her own.
            Said it was the most amazing experience of her life aside from giving birth.
            Will Danaher

Comment

I've had the pleasure of seeing.....Early Manic street preachers, Green Day, Foo Fighters, The Black Crowes, Faith No More, The Saw Doctors, Bon Jovi, Guns n Roses, Billy Idol, Little Angels, Bryan Adams, Edwin Starr, Thunder, Blues Brothers band , Bruce Springsteen and Duran Duran........not particularly proud of that last one....

I had tickets to see Nirvana in London in 1994 but unfortunately Kurt Cobain died in the April.

Comment

Seen quite a few bands and artists over the years, the few that stood out for best live performances. Beck, Cypress Hill, Spiritualized, Johnny Marr, Space, Echobelly (might have something to do with a 20 plus year crush on Soyna Madden though), Tricky, DJ Shadow, Massive Attack, Portishead.. The list could go on but I think that's enough for now!

Comment

I have seen Barclay James Harvest and Mike Oldfield live. Great concerts.

Bob Dylan aswell. Just a pity that his voice has gone...
                  Last edited by Shania; 01-07-2017, 12:58 PM.
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
                    Some great bands there.
                    I bought my Mrs a ticket for a Kate Bush concert a while ago, I could only get one and she absolutely loves her so she went on her own.
                    Said it was the most amazing experience of her life aside from giving birth.
                    see post 3. Stick the boot in won't you
                    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                    This morning's tempest I have to cross
                    I must be guided without a stumble
                    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Saw the stone roses at Wembley a couple of weeks ago and have to say it was one of the best gigs I've been to

Other great bands I've seen are the libertines babyshambles oasis foo fighters James blur stereophonics happy Mondays

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnykc View Post

I had tickets to see Nirvana in London in 1994 but unfortunately Kurt Cobain died in the April.
                        How's your luck ��

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                          see post 3. Stick the boot in won't you
                          Sorry mate, I had to get that one in.
                          Apparently a helicopter descended down onto the stage at her concert. With the way health and safety is at the mo I find that hard to believe but my Mrs is adamant it happened. That's some spectacle
                          Will Danaher

Comment

going to see Squeeze later on this year ,first concert i will have been to for a couple of years
                            Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
                              How's your luck ��
                              Even sadder was the fact that my mate who had the tickets sent them back in order to get the refund whereas I wanted to keep them in case they ended up as super valuable rock memorabilia....

Comment

Working...
                              X