Caulker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by westsussexranger View Post
    Have to admit I think this goes beyond football now. Whether it's a biased view of the owners or not it seems they're more worried about saving a buck than a person's wellbeing. There is a mention of Clarke Carlisle in there and like with him I feel that Ollie knows the lad needs an arm around him. Think it's best for Caulker to have a year still here with Ollie to get him mentally stable and anything else is a benefit to us
    Totally agree.
    This is not Caulkers problem, it is all down to Unc.
    If we had proper owner i would bet Caulks wouldn't of even sniffed a barmaids apron.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
      Totally agree.
      This is not Caulkers problem, it is all down to Unc.
      If we had proper owner i would bet Caulks wouldn't of even sniffed a barmaids apron.
      Just to play devil's advocate, given what they've gone through in terms of trust among other things over the last 5, 6 years, i'm not super surprised that they feel this way. With that being said, it's clear the guy needs support and I genuinely hope he gets it. I really would love to see him fight back and get to the level he should have.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
        Just to play devil's advocate, given what they've gone through in terms of trust among other things over the last 5, 6 years, i'm not super surprised that they feel this way. With that being said, it's clear the guy needs support and I genuinely hope he gets it. I really would love to see him fight back and get to the level he should have.
        He gets fifty grand a week for doing absolutely fark all but drink tins of stella.
        Wipe your own arris you pish head mug.
        Astounds me how people think these over paid footballers need help that no other person in any other job would get.
        Maybe im just not very sympathetic to self infilicted problems.

Comment

How did we not learn from Diakite situation and do our due diligence before signing. It was common knowledge he was a pisshead before he came

In usual circumstances I would have sympathy and I am certainly not saying money resolves the issue but he has more opportunity then anyone in normal society to get the help he needs assuming he wants the help.

The c rap about can't get help because you lose you place is rubbish as you spent last season not playing so had no place to lose and still done nothing about it.

Life unfortunately is littered with individuals with immense talent who choose to waste it like Adel Caulker Ravel etc for some bizarre reason we have had more then our fair share poncing off us while they make their minds up if they can be a rsed to make their mind up about what to do next

Comment

"How did we not learn from Diakite situation and do our due diligence before signing. It was common knowledge he was a pisshead before he came"

I think its quite clear Harry Redknapp doesn't look beyond the footballer when signing players.

Comment

Caulker might just have affluenza?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
                Afluent-za

Comment

How do we know he was being paid in full? We have people at my work with depression and they are only got statutory pay while they were off.

What he get's paid is irrelevant. If he were homeless, jobless and penniless would he get more sympathy from some of you?

Support him, he is our employee and then hopefully we can get the good player back.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
                    I can cure him if he pays me his salary, hands me his cars and gives me his houses...... Except the house in Feltham

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                      He gets fifty grand a week for doing absolutely fark all but drink tins of stella.
                      Wipe your own arris you pish head mug.
                      Astounds me how people think these over paid footballers need help that no other person in any other job would get.
                      Maybe im just not very sympathetic to self infilicted problems.
                      Mental illness is mental illness regardless of how much money or what job you do! to say problems are self inflicted are a complete misunderstanding of the illness. the money and the situation they are in only goes to increase the problem not solve it.

Comment

Stinks of a sob story to me. He goes out gets pissed and acts a right ###### ( wasn't he arrested for disturbing the peace? Throwing stuff at people etc) my mate has met him on a night out before and he said he was a right arrogant prick. Get that anyone can suffer with mental illness but I can't help but feel this is a sympathy vote. Don't get me wrong I take mental illness very seriously, I haven't suffered myself but family members and friends have and it's horrible.

Comment

mmm lets see ...a player who many on here regarded as the greatest of all time ..drank ..gambled ...got arrested ...smashed up car..hotel rooms ...etc etc ...

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                            Mental illness is mental illness regardless of how much money or what job you do! to say problems are self inflicted are a complete misunderstanding of the illness. the money and the situation they are in only goes to increase the problem not solve it.
                            If i believed it was really mental illness and not just some greedy thirsty dope id have more sympathy.
                            Same time last year he cured Africas drought, now hes causing one in west London by drinking it dry.

Comment

So his sicknote is up in 2 days and now he's a reformed character.......

Comment

Agree money does not resolve the problem, I did actually say that, so some may have misinterpreted what I said. Having money however does allow you to get the very best support, should you wish to access it, again not guaranteed solution but it's a starting point if you genuinely want help.

Even if he has had pay stopped the money he has earned in career would be more than enough to help.

I have every sympathy for people with mental health issues and he/others deserve support but let's have it straight there are plenty of people with mental health issues and other disabilities who are less fortunate then him who get on with life and not only hold down a day to day job but live a normal life he's not a special case

Comment

Working...
                                X