Doughty Gone - Official

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
    Agree with Matty - 10 years and 10 first team games - was only really a squad player here.

Good luck to him...should be a standout player for Peterborough.
    10 years! Was he entitled to a testimonial?

Comment

Never stood out when called upon. Good move for both parties and I wish him well.

Comment

Posh star Doughty shows QPR what they're missing with eye-catching FA cup display

The midfielder was the star of the show as Peterborough outclassed the National League side at the ABAX Stadium, dictating play in the middle of the park and getting his sides' opening goal.

Former QPR man Michael Doughty gave his former club a glimpse of what they're missing with an outstanding display in last night's FA Cup second round replay.

The midfielder was the star of the show as Peterborough outclassed the National League side at the ABAX Stadium, dictating play in the middle of the park and getting his sides' opening goal.

The 25-year-old was tipped for a bright future at Loftus Road, but was deemed surplus to requirements by Ian Holloway, leading to him joining Peterborough during the summer.

During the FA Cup clash, Doughty showcased real quality on the ball, spraying the ball around the pitch with ease and showcasing a number of neat touches.

He almost got on the score-sheet in the opening few minutes, only for his header to be saved by Chelsea loanee Nathan Baxter.

However he did get the equaliser for his side, finishing off a smart team move with a sweeping left-foot finish into the bottom corner of the net.

Peterborough currently sit in 10th position in League One, but will have their eyes firmly on a place in the play-offs.

Doughty will no-doubt be keen to make a swift return to the Championship, in order to show his former club exactly what he's capable of at that level.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport...shows-14031153

Comment

One game. He has been on loan elsewhere without achieving too much. Good luck to him but not gutted he has gone. 25?! Not even young, he should be one of the more experienced players in the dressing room by now.

Comment

Probably found his level there to be honest.

Good luck to him. Always tried his best when called upon!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
              Probably found his level there to be honest.

Good luck to him. Always tried his best when called upon!
              I live in Peterborough when I can't get to rs games I go posh to be fair he's not better than what we've got but certainly no worse. Was outstanding last night though but non league oppo

Comment

Working...
              X