No announcement yet.

Opinions on Mayweather v McGregor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we all agree that it's an embarrassment to both sports, but it's 'car crash' tv and people will pay to watch it. It's a win/win situation for everyone that stands to earn out of it. The promoters/ppv tv company couldn't pick two better people than FM and CM to 'sell' the fight to gullible people in the US and all around the world. The press won't want to miss out and will turn a non event in to the 'greatest show on earth'.
    BTW IMO FM will make a fool out of CM, but if you're earning $100m, who's the mug? Vice versa if FM took on GM in an mma bout (no way on earth that would happen) he'd be destroyed double lively.
    Can't wait for GGG v Canelo, a proper fight and not a pantomime.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
      Please don't go there bro haha. You've bought into the hype already.

Mayweather is the absolute master of hit and don't be hit.

CM will get nowhere near him.
      This.

The best part will be the press conference. Total farce of a fight made purely to line some pockets.
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
        They should of signed a deal to fight each other in each others chosen sport a few months apart. That would of made it less of a pish take imo.
        Then they could have tossed a coin for the decider......

Comment

Apparently Nigel Benn and Steve Collins have agreed to fight each other again. Goodness knows who would sanction that.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
            Apparently Nigel Benn and Steve Collins have agreed to fight each other again. Goodness knows who would sanction that.
            Apparently neither have applied for a licence to box and the bbbc have said it's unlikely to happen, but who knows.
            Is it just a publicity stunt just before Benn Juniors upcoming bout or is he so skint that he's seriously thinking about making a comeback? Soldier to boxer to ####### to church preacher, so what's next?
            Don't know anything for sure about NB or SC's finances but I wouldn't be a surprise if NB had sp*nked the millions he's earned. I seem to remember reading somewhere that SC invested his earnings in property, but when the Irish economy/property market went down the tubes it may have cost him a few quid.
            There was talk about him coming out of retirement a few years back to fight Roy Jones Jr and he did take part in a few exhibition bouts.
            Hopefully this doesn't happen and we are left with the memories of two fantastic fighters/warriors who always left everything in the ring rather than two over the hill guys desperate for money/publicity or both.

Comment

Mods I think the word that has been asterixed was pl*yboy. In this pc world is that now deemed a 'naughty' word?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                Reckon thats total old fanny if he claims that.

https://youtu.be/geCXKT0hhdI
                I reckon that clip is a red herring myself mate. If he is genuinely as bad as he looks in that vid, the authorities would never sanction a fight with somebody as good as Mayweather.

Comment

After watching and wasting money on Mayweather's last fight, I won't be bothering with this one. Mayweather will destroy McGregor, make no mistake.
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Have you seen Benn recently. 53 and he looks exactly the same as 23.
                    Havent seen collins kately though.
                    But if hes fit as well, that will be a better fight than the one we are here about.
                    The winner faces Eubank.

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                      I get that point and that is how most people are justifying their opinions on it but I think that these analogies are somewhat flawed
                      I suppose 49 straight wins against the best in the world at his sport has nothing to do with it.

Comment

Steve Collins has just joined the ok'd bill I read somewhere.

Comment

From an American boxing reporter on twitter. Wonder how much they will charge here?

Will you buy the #MayweatherMcGregor fight? It's $89.95 + $10 for HD

Comment

Anyone with half a brain will know it's all about the money with these two.
                            Either would destroy the other in their own code. FM holds all the cards and isn't going to risk his reputation so an mma bout ain't ever going to happen. A pal's friend who's looking to get in to the big time (UFC) called out Chris Eubank jr on social media after his last win. Decent mma fighter but just a publicity stunt to raise interest, sponsors etc.

Comment

i won't be watching can't see it going any other way than floyd dancing and jabbing to a points victory

Comment

Working...
                              X