Opinions on Mayweather v McGregor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on Mayweather v McGregor

I know that there are a fair few fans of both boxing and mma on this site and just wanted to know your views.
    I think it's a great money spinner for both (does FM) need any more?)
    IMO the unification fight between the undefeated GGG and Canelo (only loss was to Mayweather) will be a contest between two great fighters at the top of their game. Who IMO are not only way better than anybody in their weight class but are also both in my top 10 lb for lb fighters in the world and is something all boxing lovers will want to see.
    The fight between FM and CM is more like a circus act and although there will be plenty of interest and may even set new PPV records, is a bit of an embarrassment to both sports. It can't be classed as a battle between the two codes as it is a boxing contest and things like take downs, kicks, using knees, strangleholds etc are not permitted.
    Also if I was a professional boxer, I'd be extremely annoyed that the Californian State Athletic Commission is granting someone that has never boxed professionally or as an amateur a licence and will be earning up to a $100 million for his first fight.
    Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy watching mma and have seen some fantastic and brutal fights, but mixing the two codes isn't doing either sport justice. All it does do is line the pockets of a lot of already wealthy men. I'm talking about the promoters and tv companies as well as the fighters.
    Rant over.

Joke fight designed to make two extremely wealthy men even more absurd money.

CM has never ever in his life had ONE single boxing match. FM has beaten the best in the game.

No contest and won't be watching this ridiculous event.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
      Joke fight designed to make two extremely wealthy men even more absurd money.

CM has never ever in his life had ONE single boxing match. FM has beaten the best in the game.

No contest and won't be watching this ridiculous event.
      McGregor did amateur boxing in his teens actually mate. Agree on the rest though, utter joke contest that is all about the money. No Welter or Light Welter in the last 20 years has got near to beating Mayweather, so how is a near novice boxer gonna beat him? If McGregor even wins a round I'd be amazed!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
        McGregor did amateur boxing in his teens actually mate.

Reckon thats total old fanny if he claims that.

https://youtu.be/geCXKT0hhdI

Comment

Great earner but FM will finish him after dancing around him for a few rounds. Not even a contest.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
            Great earner but FM will finish him after dancing around him for a few rounds. Not even a contest.
            Biggest purse of his life for getting in the ring with a man whos never ever ever boxed in his life. Wow. Its actually laughable if it wasnt so unfunny..
            Expect a lucky shot that floors mayweather and he gets up on the count of ten and then wins.
            Screams from the loons of 'Oh my god, conor so nearly won, he so nearly beat the best fighter ever'.
            200 million dollar rematch.
            Kerching. Kerching.
            Ad infinitum.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
              McGregor did amateur boxing in his teens actually mate. Agree on the rest though, utter joke contest that is all about the money. No Welter or Light Welter in the last 20 years has got near to beating Mayweather, so how is a near novice boxer gonna beat him? If McGregor even wins a round I'd be amazed!
              Lets not be pedantic.

CM has NEVER once had a PROFESSIONAL boxing bout. EVER.

Comment

McGregor will completely rattle Mayweather in the build up. Whether it effects him enough to drop his guard who knows but that is Mcgregors best chance. Not many have mentioned the size difference, just wait until they stand side by side.

The only reason this is taking place in the boxing ring is because Mayweather wouldn't last 30 seconds anywhere outside of one against McGregor
                Last edited by Hove Ranger; 28-06-2017, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Please don't go there bro haha. You've bought into the hype already.

Mayweather is the absolute master of hit and don't be hit.

CM will get nowhere near him.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                    Please don't go there bro haha. You've bought into the hype already.

Mayweather is the absolute master of hit and don't be hit.

CM will get nowhere near him.
                    Not about buying into hype. Opinion has been formed way before fight was announced. Plus I've only said McGregor has a slim chance.

If anything it seems the hype is all behind Mayweather; bookies, media, forums etc. McGregor has no chance is all you can see
                    Last edited by Hove Ranger; 28-06-2017, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                      Not about buying into hype. Opinion has been formed way before fight was announced. Plus I've only said McGregor has a slim chance.

If anything it seems the hype is all behind Mayweather; bookies, media, forums etc. McGregor has no chance is all you can see
                      Cant see why can you?

Usain Bolt versus Tom Daley in the 10 metre high dive freestyle would be just as evenly matched,.
                      Or even Bolt v Michael Phelps in the 100 metres butterfly swimming race would probably be about the right comparison,

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                        Cant see why can you?

Usain Bolt versus Tom Daley in the 10 metre high dive freestyle would be just as evenly matched,.
                        Or even Bolt v Michael Phelps in the 100 metres butterfly swimming race would probably be about the right comparison,
                        I get that point and that is how most people are justifying their opinions on it but I think that these analogies are somewhat flawed

Comment

Boxing is such a trained and expert dicipline. Conor looks so bad in sparring , hes actually holding the blokes head.
                          Mayweather is the best boxer in history at not getting hit, how is conor going to suddenly become better than the likes of hatton and paq overnight?
                          Its a mockery.
                          Same way as if mayweather had to take on mcgregor in mma. That would be the same the other way around.
                          I wont be paying for it, i think mayweather is dragging boxing into the gutter for his own massive greed.

Comment

They should of signed a deal to fight each other in each others chosen sport a few months apart. That would of made it less of a pish take imo.

Comment

Some say McGregor may weather the storm
                              It all depends on the day who's in form
                              Now Floyd ain't pink to go down in the rink
                              Cos it's the man from Crumlin who's deep in the drink
                              But for me there's no doubt, tis the drink that is stout
                              As for this fight, it's a ####in joke bout.

Comment

Working...
                              X