Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
    Barnsley fans really rate him.
    Wasn't Bidwell also highly rated by Brentford?

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
      Bidwell did a lot better for Brentford than he did for us. Even then, Bidwell hasn't done badly for us.
      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
      Pawel Wszolek - 6
      Luke Freeman - 6
      Matt Smith - 6
      Ebere Eze - 4
      Joel Lynch - 3
      Tomer Hemed - 3
      Toni Leistner - 2
      Massimo Luongo- 2
      Angel Rangel - 2
      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
      Geoff Cameron - 1
      Aramide Oteh - 1
      Jake Bidwell - 1
      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

''steady Eddie'' I think was the phrase they used
        I must away now, I can no longer tarry
        This morning's tempest I have to cross
        I must be guided without a stumble
        Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
          ''steady Eddie'' I think was the phrase they used
          I'm sure he could have been for us we just used him as a left back in a 4 man defence. I don't for a second think he's been as bad as some on here are making out, but he definitely ain't a wing back, and that's where he was predominantly used by Holloway.
          Last edited by Tarbie; 20-06-2017, 02:39 PM.

Comment

yeah agree Stan. Signing players who are rated by their current fans is risky

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
              I'm sure he could have been for us we just used him as a left back in a 4 man defence. I don't for a second think he's been as bad as some on here are making up, but he definitely ain't a wing back, and that's where he was predominantly used by Holloway.
              Agree Tarbs. Perhaps thats why he's being sold, Olly is sticking with 3 at the back..........or this is all just rumours with no substance

Comment

Him and Lynch was perhap not the best of combintions. Nor was Shodipo and Bidwell; Shodipo he did according to he Ollie not track back "partcalarly often.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Hope we do stick with three at the back, but unfortunately for someone like Bidwell that means we need an upgrade in the position he'd be playing.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
                    Hope we do stick with three at the back, but unfortunately for someone like Bidwell that means we need an upgrade in the position he'd be playing.
                    Never liked 3 at the back and didn't believe it worked in English football..........then Chelsea went and won the league playing 3 at the back, so what do I know!

I think a lot of it has to do with personnel though. No point playing it unless you have centre halves smart enough to adapt, and players capable of both the offensive and defensive side of playing as a wing back.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                      Never liked 3 at the back and didn't believe it worked in English football..........then Chelsea went and won the league playing 3 at the back, so what do I know!

I think a lot of it has to do with personnel though. No point playing it unless you have centre halves smart enough to adapt, and players capable of both the offensive and defensive side of playing as a wing back.
                      Exactly mate Ollie is putting square pegs into round holes all our centre backs are best suited to a flat back four as you say not smart enough or good enough to play three at the back that also applies to our full backs , Ollie should have been able to see that without going on the losing runs by trying to make them do things that are alien to their ability

Comment

Originally posted by hooploft View Post
                        Exactly mate Ollie is putting square pegs into round holes all our centre backs are best suited to a flat back four as you say not smart enough or good enough to play three at the back that also applies to our full backs , Ollie should have been able to see that without going on the losing runs by trying to make them do things that are alien to their ability
                        Our best run under Ollie came with us using the three at the back formation, with Hall moving between defence and midfield?

Comment

Our best run under Ollie came with us using the three at the back formation, with Hall moving between defence and midfield?
                          And what happened when wasn't fit

Comment

Originally posted by hooploft View Post
                            And what happened when wasn't fit
                            Reverted to a flat back four or had Perch playing the Hall role?

Comment

Reverted to a flat back four or had Perch playing the Hall role?
                              Yeah after they didn't know they're arrs from they're elbow trying to revert back they arnt great in a flat back four either

Comment

And Luongo too ??

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport...-keen-13218408

Comment

Working...
                                X