No announcement yet.

Vargas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never succeeded at club level but a revelation internationally.

42 goals in 207 games isn't setting the world alight.

Comment

Him and Austin were keeping us up comfortably with our home form, I thought we did really well in most of home games under Harry that season in the PL.

However away from home was completely opposite, if we could only have picked up a few points of even played well it may have made the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Garyd73 View Post
        Him and Austin were keeping us up comfortably with our home form, I thought we did really well in most of home games under Harry that season in the PL.
        Had a few decent wins at home but I wouldn't say Vargas' 3 goals (2 in one match as well) made that much of a difference. Austin yeah but Vargas?

Good player though that should have been played alongside / just off Austin instead of out on the wings.

Comment

Cesar
          Isla Onura Ferdinand Suk Yun
          Phillips Tarabtt Granero Hoilett
          Austin Vargas

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
            Had a few decent wins at home but I wouldn't say Vargas' 3 goals (2 in one match as well) made that much of a difference. Austin yeah but Vargas?

Good player though that should have been played alongside / just off Austin instead of out on the wings.
            Agreed.

A disinterested manager (Rednapp) followed by a youth team coach (Ramsay) did not get the best use out of him or Isla and this contributed to QPR having one of the most embarrassing season of any other Premiership clubs in its history. I know others like Derby and Sunderland have also had worse ones, but at least those two didn't spend £50m or so to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
              Cesar
              Isla Onura Ferdinand Suk Yun
              Phillips Tarabtt Granero Hoilett
              Austin Vargas
              Granero was no longer with us that season iirc

I know people don't rate onuoha at RB, but that season we looked most steady down the right with him playing behind Isla. We had Vargas playing as the striker over that side as well, so there was some decent linkup play between the three of them.

Our best midfield partnership for me was Henry and Sandro that year. Was a joke when Barton walked back into the side as though he was gods gift.

Comment

Not a bad side though on paper was it Norths

Comment

Working...
                X