No announcement yet.

Teams you've played for

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tbf the best thing I done playing football was play in the Alandia Cup out on one of the Aland Islands off of Finland. Was only 11 or 12 but the tournament was unreal, a few pro sides from Finland had their youth teams entered. They had a proper opening ceremony where we all had a little parade around the island and ended up in the 'stadium' where the final was played. We were the only British side and lost in the final. Bl00dy good experience for a kid though.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Hounslow borough, Hellenic league or something.

Comment

Used to play for Hampstead Heathens in the Southern Olympian League. Our home ground was Clitterhouse playing fields next to Hendon HC and played all across North and West London. After a few years a breakaway team called Heath's Heathens was formed which played in the old West London combination. I played as a striker in the Tony Cottee mould and was fairly prolific in my day :-)

Comment

At school I once scored a hat-trick and the teacher told me to stop showing off. The same teacher sent me off for swearing in the following match. The ####ing ####.

My brother and I used to play in Hyde Park with a bunch of lads on Saturday mornings, one of whom was Martin Amis.

Comment

Played a couple of seasons for Goring St Theresa's in the Worthing Premier League in my early 20's. Also played for Bookham Colts down in Surrey as a kid. Football was never really my game though. Was much better at rugby and played for a side called Effingham and Leatherhead, right up until U21's.
            Last edited by Tarbie; 15-06-2017, 02:53 PM.

Comment

great thread van , i used to love playing cm but played where i was told , my big bro still playing every week at the age of 57 and we only lost 1 game out of 20 last season and 1 abandoned for fighting , love the sunday vets as much as going to loftus rd , its the social thing as well 21 of us just got back from 5 days in spain

Comment

Played for Barming youth in the Maidstone league from the age of 7 to 16. Was a pacey left winger that was eventually converted into a striker and went on to score over 250 goals for the club. 62 goals in 1 season at 15 which I never let my mates forget!

Moved into the Kent leage at 16 for two years and at 18 was picked up by crawley town and played for their under 18's when they were a conference team. Unfortunately, done my cruciate ligaments in at the end of the season and I was let go. Never had the same desire after I recovered and lost some of pace.

At 21 me and my mates put together a team called Addington and we joined div 4 of the Maidstone Saturday adult league. Was absolute jokes as our team was made up of ex county and ryman league standard players. We absolute d***ed on the teams from div 4 to 2 for the first few years before it got a little harder in Div 1. absolutely loved it and wished I was still playing.

Im 30 now and made a return to a random team last summer as some of mates had now moved on with their lives with wives, kids and moving else where for work. I had also just recovered from another cruciate ligament injury. Anyway, I played one game for this new team and we lost 11-0 to a team that my old team would of probably beaten by the same score. When the lads I was playing with came off at the end of the game and were saying we were unlucky to lose that one, I knew it was time to retire and move onto 5 aside.

Now play at the Gallagher stadium every Wednesday which is a bit of a treat and our team does alright for a bunch of old boys. However, miss the buzz of Saturday football
                Last edited by maidstone_hoop; 15-06-2017, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                  i used to play for bracknell celtic when i was a kid and met danny cullip once as i'm pretty sure he played for them as a kid too, had no idea who he was at the time only that he was a pro footballer. i was never any good though but neither was my team but at least when i played as a defender we never conceded more than 10!
                  Sounds like you and weare would make a great partnership

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
                    Name your team , what position you played, and trophys won or lost .. me , best team was Anglo Italian. Started out as regents fc as we trained in Regent's Park. Soon become AC Negrini, sponsored by carnevale. Won London cup , spectrum radio cup and bolla league cup final in second year together. Tall ugly centre half and skipper, was a pleasure to play with the Italians playing football from the back. Still play today at 47 with same lads but getting harder. Bet you lads got some good football memories?
                    Barcelona but was replaced by a totally unknown bloke called Messi

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                      Played for Barming youth in the Maidstone league from the age of 7 to 16. Was a pacey left winger that was eventually converted into a striker and went on to score over 250 goals for the club. 62 goals in 1 season at 15 which I never let my mates forget!

Moved into the Kent leage at 16 for two years and at 18 was picked up by crawley town and played for their under 18's when they were a conference team. Unfortunately, done my cruciate ligaments in at the end of the season and I was let go. Never had the same desire after I recovered and lost some of pace.

At 21 me and my mates put together a team called Addington and we joined div 4 of the Maidstone Saturday adult league. Was absolute jokes as our team was made up of ex county and ryman league standard players. We absolute d***ed on the teams from div 4 to 2 for the first few years before it got a little harder in Div 1. absolutely loved it and wished I was still playing.

Im 30 now and made a return to a random team last summer as some of mates had now moved on with their lives with wives, kids and moving else where for work. I had also just recovered from another cruciate ligament injury. Anyway, I played one game for this new team and we lost 11-0 to a team that my old team would of probably beaten by the same score. When the lads I was playing with came off at the end of the game and were saying we were unlucky to lose that one, I knew it was time to retire and move onto 5 aside.

Now play at the Gallagher stadium every Wednesday which is a bit of a treat and our team does alright for a bunch of old boys. However, miss the buzz of Saturday football
                      Did you play for Maidstone in Kent League? I spent a couple of seasons playing Kent League at VCD.
                      I don't talk about my career on here or anywhere to be fair so other than above, no names and no pack drill but did play semi pro until picked up by a lower league team back in the day. My biggest moment without a shadow of doubt was playing in the first round proper of the FA Cup (twice) in 1984/5 and 1987/8. I hate the way the pros disrespect the competition nowadays
                      #standuptocancer
                      #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
                        I played for a st josephs but in Wealdstone, Rayners Lane Rangers but the looniest team I ever played for was the black bull pub in Ruislip. Great lads but every one a loon. We would win with just 7 lads turning up on a Sunday morning . Bacon roll at rumbling tums before kick off, waiting for the others who were sleeping it off.
                        My boy plays for the black bull now. They won the league this season folllwed by a 48 hour celebration party. Top battle ship that..

Comment

Inter Your Nan

Comment

Great thread.

I went from ealing whistlers to acton-ealing whistlers as a young teenager. It was bigger than Figo-gate at the time. The Gazette had a field day.

Steve Gallen was coach of acton-ealing age group above me then, was widely believed he was using his name to poach the better players from other teams.

Comment

Batman Rangers and Dynamo Loft. Left half and sadly never needed the Brasso in 10 years
                              I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                              This morning's tempest I have to cross
                              I must be guided without a stumble
                              Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Wimpy Southall (played at Harlington), Martin Baker (Denham), Chalfont Athletic (player manager), but played for several years for QPR Supporters Club in the Surrey Invicta League also Metropolitan Uxbridge
                                oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

Working...
                                X