Teams you've played for

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teams you've played for

Name your team , what position you played, and trophys won or lost .. me , best team was Anglo Italian. Started out as regents fc as we trained in Regent's Park. Soon become AC Negrini, sponsored by carnevale. Won London cup , spectrum radio cup and bolla league cup final in second year together. Tall ugly centre half and skipper, was a pleasure to play with the Italians playing football from the back. Still play today at 47 with same lads but getting harder. Bet you lads got some good football memories?
    Ooh northern lads love gravy

i used to play for bracknell celtic when i was a kid and met danny cullip once as i'm pretty sure he played for them as a kid too, had no idea who he was at the time only that he was a pro footballer. i was never any good though but neither was my team but at least when i played as a defender we never conceded more than 10!

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
      i used to play for bracknell celtic when i was a kid and met danny cullip once as i'm pretty sure he played for them as a kid too, had no idea who he was at the time only that he was a pro footballer. i was never any good though but neither was my team but at least when i played as a defender we never conceded more than 10!
      Haha love it mate, 10 goals?

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
        Name your team , what position you played, and trophys won or lost .. me , best team was Anglo Italian. Started out as regents fc as we trained in Regent's Park. Soon become AC Negrini, sponsored by carnevale. Won London cup , spectrum radio cup and bolla league cup final in second year together. Tall ugly centre half and skipper, was a pleasure to play with the Italians playing football from the back. Still play today at 47 with same lads but getting harder. Bet you lads got some good football memories?
        what vets team do u play for van

Comment

AC Negrini 72, no league but arrange matches with old teams from our league years ago. Opposition started using 25 year old forwards of late, im constantly stinking of deep heat

Comment

colliers wood utd 5th team , a few games for bradbank sports , the famous maltese cat fc , putney st marys , st josephs ( don't think we won a game ) , now follow wandgas villiage vets on a sunday morning

Comment

What position you play 72?

Comment

I played for a st josephs but in Wealdstone, Rayners Lane Rangers but the looniest team I ever played for was the black bull pub in Ruislip. Great lads but every one a loon. We would win with just 7 lads turning up on a Sunday morning . Bacon roll at rumbling tums before kick off, waiting for the others who were sleeping it off.

Comment

Good post Van

For me Forest United then Acton & Ealing whistlers plus QPR youth team to age of 16. Played for school team too

Still playing five aside now and love it gutted when I miss a kick about

As youth played CM or RW

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
                    who are you John Terry?

Comment

Trumpington Tornado's, Rod Stewarts brother used to manage us, played right back. We were pretty poor and lost more than we won, enjoyed it massively though. Biggest win was my the odd goal, biggest defeat was 6 or 7, happened quite regular.
                      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Started as an 8 year old at Sunbury Celtic. Had a summer trial (went to a tournament down in Cornwall) with Brentford, nothing came of it, joined Halliford Colts at about 11 until 16 then they folded so went back to Sunbury Celtic for a year until started playing men's Saturday football at Spelthorne Sports in the Combined Counties League. Now just do the Sunday league stuff with some pals.

Started out CM but at about 15 realised I wasn't good enough so droped to CB / RB depending on quality of oppo

Won the Middx Sunday County Cup 2/3 years back when we had a decent enough Sunday side. Also won the Arsenal Tournament that's held at Royal Holloway Uni when I was about 14. Other than that not much of a trophy haul - bit like QPR really
                        Last edited by MattyRangers; 15-06-2017, 11:05 AM.
                        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

'Grange Rangers' Croydon Sunday League. I did my best to get us called Grange Park Rangers when we were setting it up but my (mostly Palace) mates wouldn't allow that.
                          We started off in division Ten and ended up about Div four but it was a generally poor standard. I started up front then went to midfield as the goals dried up (the third game from memory!)
                          In the nineties I moved abroad for a few years and left what was a reasonably healthy bank balance in the club with my mate. I don't think it lasted long as he wasn't very good at collecting subs.

Great thread Van.

Comment

Originally posted by wewillbeback View Post
                            who are you John Terry?

couldn't be John Terry as he didn't mention " lying, arrogant, racist, cry baby, cheating adulterer" in his description.

Comment

my illustrious footballing career started at Thornton Colts Fc at 12 years of age. took in a Tour to Malta where we beat the Maltese national U13 team on a pitch just outside the National Stadium. (national antheems and all.
                              Played for London and Kings Meadow Fc (pitch is now kingstonians ground). Had a trial with our beloved but got injured and never recalled.
                              was a superb right back.

Comment

Working...
                              X