Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breast Rummage Albion

Comment

Played for Worthing, Gosport Borough and Waterlooville, then managed Worthing twice (and sacked twice!!). Enjoyable days and great memories, but missed most of our glory years in the 70's and 80's because of it. Since been trying to make up for it by going to all the home and aways and admiring the genius of some of our more recent players and managers!

Comment

Originally posted by Rolo1092 View Post
        Played for Worthing, Gosport Borough and Waterlooville, then managed Worthing twice (and sacked twice!!). Enjoyable days and great memories, but missed most of our glory years in the 70's and 80's because of it. Since been trying to make up for it by going to all the home and aways and admiring the genius of some of our more recent players and managers!
        went to watch us play at worthing in a pre season over 10 years ago , got the programme somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
          Breast Rummage Albion
          My favourite team....

I started with Smallfield in the Surrey premier league then played for Faygate in the West Sussex league...ended up playing for the mighty Royal Ascot out of Egham on Sundays before stopping early before the knee surgeries ruined my day job.......

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
            Breast Rummage Albion
            My favourite team....

I started with Smallfield in the Surrey premier league then played for Faygate in the West Sussex league...ended up playing for the mighty Royal Ascot out of Egham on Sundays before stopping early before the knee surgeries ruined my day job.......

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnykc View Post
              My favourite team....

we played royal ascot vets at their gaff back in april , they had this muggy groundsman that kept telling us to stand behind the line or he'd call the game off . he was told to fark off and get a life , never saw him after that

Comment

Played for "Bibs" on holiday once. We beat "Shirts" 4-0.

Comment

Played for Rutherford school (Paddington), Kensington and Chelsea district (captain), Luton Town turn,Kingstonians. Moved to Sussex and played for Oakwood (Sussex county),Ifield (Mid Sussex)
                  I'm 53 now,so that was a while back!
                  I came here to chew gum and kick ass,and I'm all outta gum!

Comment

Interesting read. I played for North Greenford and then Princes Park (Hendon) in my youth. As an adult started at White Hart United (Greenford) on Saturdays and Northolt Saints on a Sunday after a short spell at Ealing and Acton Whistlers. Then played for Technicolor on a Saturday for a few years followed by Denham United. Mainly played as a tough tackling centre mid but also played quite a bit at centre back due to my aerial ability. Stuck the boots back on a few years ago to play for Sunbury Galaxy (new start up team) but couldn't put up with the recovery time after every game. Now play every Wednesday at powerleague in Sunbury with the boys from work. I can't imagine I'll ever lose the urge to kick a ball about.

44 now and laying on the sofa after an hour of running around in torturous temperatures!
                    Last edited by QPR Taylor; 21-06-2017, 11:55 PM.
                    I'm here for a long time, not a good time...

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
                      I played for a st josephs but in Wealdstone, Rayners Lane Rangers but the looniest team I ever played for was the black bull pub in Ruislip. Great lads but every one a loon. We would win with just 7 lads turning up on a Sunday morning . Bacon roll at rumbling tums before kick off, waiting for the others who were sleeping it off.
                      Haha! Never had the pleasure of playing against Black Bull but I think our 2nd team at Northolt Saints played them on Sunday's. I heard they were a bit temperamental!
                      I'm here for a long time, not a good time...

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Taylor View Post
                        Haha! Never had the pleasure of playing against Black Bull but I think our 2nd team at Northolt Saints played them on Sunday's. I heard they were a bit temperamental!
                        Some gifted players for the bull mate , we had our own linesman if you know what I mean. Majority were Rangers and funny lads, enjoyed playing bar the injuries normally picked up at scotch common.
                        Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Played for Larkspur Rovers for many years. Also played for Northolt Villa and North Greenford United.

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
                            Some gifted players for the bull mate , we had our own linesman if you know what I mean. Majority were Rangers and funny lads, enjoyed playing bar the injuries normally picked up at scotch common.
                            Chelsea pub now.

Comment

Originally posted by rkingy78 View Post
                              Played for Larkspur Rovers for many years. Also played for Northolt Villa and North Greenford United.
                              Was that the larkspur above northolt boxing club?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                                Chelsea pub now.
                                I heard mate , looks very fancy outside there these days.

Comment

Working...
                                X