Grenfell Tower Fire.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
    was it you who was thinking of moving to West Drayton a couple of years ago. I ask because I thought it was Bill, hence my concern in an earlier post. Glad you are safe and well, absolute horrific incident to have witnessed, especially if you knew some of the victims
    Yes mate it was me . And thanks the community is 2nd to none
    You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
      Harry mate which block do you live in? My daughter lives in Whitstable House just across the road from Grenfell. Hope you're all good mate.
      In markland house m8. I'm in shock coz it could off been any off the blocks am just so gutted
      You Rsssssss

Comment

The whole ordeal is absolutely tragic. The more info and images that come out the more heartbreaking it is. Hearing of families throwing their kids from windows almost brings a tear to the eye ffs.

Word has come out that during the recent refurb the contractor (Rydon Construction) 'temporarily' took out some of the fire protection work within the fire compartment zones in order to re-run pipework. If so, somebody there needs stringing up and has some serious blood on their hands. Working in construction and as such having a basic knowledge of these sort of things, the fact that whole building went up in 15 minutes is outrageous and something very fundamental was wrong with that building.
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
          The whole ordeal is absolutely tragic. The more info and images that come out the more heartbreaking it is. Hearing of families throwing their kids from windows almost brings a tear to the eye ffs.

Word has come out that during the recent refurb the contractor (Rydon Construction) 'temporarily' took out some of the fire protection work within the fire compartment zones in order to re-run pipework. If so, somebody there needs stringing up and has some serious blood on their hands. Working in construction and as such having a basic knowledge of these sort of things, the fact that whole building went up in 15 minutes is outrageous and something very fundamental was wrong with that building.
          Exactly Matt. I was a fireman at Willesden and Park Royal and used to inspect buildings just like that one. Any fires on concrete buildings should be compartmentalised and usually were. We attended a fair few fires on the Stonebridge estate and although it didn't always end well for the people living within the flat affected by fire, I can't remember a single time where neighbours died due to fire spread. That fire last night looks like it either shot straight up the staircase ( like a chimney ) or through gaps within the floor structure. Either way it would never have happened if regulations had been adhered to.
          “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
          Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
            Exactly Matt. I was a fireman at Willesden and Park Royal and used to inspect buildings just like that one. Any fires on concrete buildings should be compartmentalised and usually were. We attended a fair few fires on the Stonebridge estate and although it didn't always end well for the people living within the flat affected by fire, I can't remember a single time where neighbours died due to fire spread. That fire last night looks like it either shot straight up the staircase ( like a chimney ) or through gaps within the floor structure. Either way it would never have happened if regulations had been adhered to.
            Interesting post from someone who clearly knows their onions. Very sad to add to all the recent misery. Not a great country to live in at current
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Am I right in thinking that if a fire hits a flat, the design of the building means the fire would be confined to that one flat? And that the reason for this is so that not everyone would need to be evacuated and the fire fighters could concentrate on that one flat?
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Am I right in thinking that if a fire hits a flat, the design of the building means the fire would be confined to that one flat? And that the reason for this is so that not everyone would need to be evacuated and the fire fighters could concentrate on that one flat?
                Pretty much the principle mate yes. Every building has its own fire strategy when designed but in a residential build every bedroom will form a fire compartment with a minimum fire rating of 1 hour . Simply means the construction of all walls to the room must be able to withstand a fire for that period exactly for the reason you say. Any Service penetrations through such walls are sealed with fire batt and intumescent mastic also to maintain the fire rating .
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                  Pretty much the principle mate yes. Every building has its own fire strategy when designed but in a residential build every bedroom will form a fire compartment with a minimum fire rating of 1 hour . Simply means the construction of all walls to the room must be able to withstand a fire for that period exactly for the reason you say. Any Service penetrations through such walls are sealed with fire batt and intumescent mastic also to maintain the fire rating .
                  Bloody hell...then I'd call the fire compartmentation systems in Grenfell a massive, catastrophic failure. What worries me more is that some idiot must have signed off saying there was minimal risk of fire. Yet here we are, fire ripped through that place in less hand half an hour. Awful.
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Bloody hell...then I'd call the fire compartmentation systems in Grenfell a massive, catastrophic failure. What worries me more is that some idiot must have signed off saying there was minimal risk of fire. Yet here we are, fire ripped through that place in less hand half an hour. Awful.
                    Sounds like the external cladding might have been a contributory factor in the speed of the spread.
                    That said, you can bet your bottom dollar things weren't as they should be internally. A combination of factors by the sounds of it.
                    “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                    Will Danaher

Comment

About money as always. Unscrupulous landlords not wanting to spend their hard earned cash on people's safety and savage cuts to the fire service is only ever going to end badly.
                      Exactly mate , cuts to our fire brigade ,police etc etc. Greedy Westminster kannts. Biggest villains in the land politicians
                      Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

I worked on the white city estate , compartment of fire was part of my job in loft spaces. Unreal that a contractor could ok a flammable material to clad a 27 storey tower block in todays age.
                        Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Thanks for the concern lads, Stephanie is fine, a bit shaken up but she's ok. Her friends are all accounted for, one is one of the 50 taken to hospital but it's mild smoke inhalation and she will be ok. Unfortunately, one student from her school is unaccounted for, a little boy in Reception class. His family got out but he is missing. Devastating.
                          Glad to hear your daughter is fine Ginge. Was there any news of the little lad from the reception class?

Absolutely horrific event and to hear that parents were having to drop their children from such heights is just devastating. I just pray that most of the residents got out and didn't take the advice of staying on their flats.

Comment

Apologies for repeating, but hope everyone's okay. Local authority has a lot to answer to.

Comment

Disgraceful neglect if rumors are true.

Comment

Criminal. Terrorists are one thing, money loving scum take things to another level.

Comment

Working...
                                X