No announcement yet.

Grenfell Tower Fire.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the concern lads, Stephanie is fine, a bit shaken up but she's ok. Her friends are all accounted for, one is one of the 50 taken to hospital but it's mild smoke inhalation and she will be ok. Unfortunately, one student from her school is unaccounted for, a little boy in Reception class. His family got out but he is missing. Devastating.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
      Thanks for the concern lads, Stephanie is fine, a bit shaken up but she's ok. Her friends are all accounted for, one is one of the 50 taken to hospital but it's mild smoke inhalation and she will be ok. Unfortunately, one student from her school is unaccounted for, a little boy in Reception class. His family got out but he is missing. Devastating.
      That is great news...A terrible thing to have happened and reports saying 6 poor people have been killed so far .

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
        the club have offered to use loftus road as a relief center for people affected by the fire should one be needed
        Fantastic from the club tbf to them, credit to them.
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

6 people confirmed as dead so far and they expect the number to rise. My cousin Ann lives in Silchester rd opposite the block. She has been evacuated with her son and they know the owners of the Maxilla club (Siobhan) who has opened up as a rescue centre since about 1.30 this morning. Got family coming from Ireland for a wedding on Saturday and are supposed to be staying with her along with my Dad coming up from Paignton.
          My thoughts go out to all the people involved who have lost loved ones, who are injured and of course lost everything they had.

Comment

I hope I'm wrong but doesn't Bill who posts on here live in one of those tower blocks
            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
            This morning's tempest I have to cross
            I must be guided without a stumble
            Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Terrible news. Reporting over here that the building could collapse.
              Surprised ISIS are not taking responsibly.
              Does anyone have Bill on their FB friends list?
              Minds Are Like Parachutes.
              Work Best When Open...
              @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
                Terrible news. Reporting over here that the building could collapse.
                Surprised ISIS are not taking responsibly.
                Does anyone have Bill on their FB friends list?
                Hopefully that's not the case. As far as I am aware it's a concrete frame building and thus risk of collapse should be minimal. If it were a steel frame then the risk would be very real indeed.
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Terrible Ginge. How awful. Glad your daughter and her friends are safe.

Comment

I live in the next block. And I know a few blokes unaccounted for. I never felt so helpless in my life just can't put down what I heard from that block
                    You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
                      I live in the next block. And I know a few blokes unaccounted for. I never felt so helpless in my life just can't put down what I heard from that block
                      was it you who was thinking of moving to West Drayton a couple of years ago. I ask because I thought it was Bill, hence my concern in an earlier post. Glad you are safe and well, absolute horrific incident to have witnessed, especially if you knew some of the victims
                      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                      This morning's tempest I have to cross
                      I must be guided without a stumble
                      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Glad your daughter and her friends are ok pal. Please god the lad missing will be found safe.

What an horrific ordeal for all those involved. I really feel so so sorry for them all.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnykc View Post
                          That is great news...A terrible thing to have happened and reports saying 6 poor people have been killed so far .
                          Glad that your daughter is safe.
                          Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
                          Glad your daughter and her friends are ok pal. Please god the lad missing will be found safe.

What an horrific ordeal for all those involved. I really feel so so sorry for them all.
                          6 have been confirmed dead but with up to 600 living in the block the figure is likely to be me much higher.
                          The building appears to not have had the required safety measures that contain the fire to the one flat for at least 30 minutes.

Those responsible should be severely dealt with by the law.

Comment

Watching on tv it's shocking. RIP those that have perished

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                              Glad that your daughter is safe.

6 have been confirmed dead but with up to 600 living in the block the figure is likely to be me much higher.
                              The building appears to not have had the required safety measures that contain the fire to the one flat for at least 30 minutes.

Those responsible should be severely dealt with by the law.
                              Such gross negligence, putting the lives of hundreds at risk. Utterly disgusting and those responsible should be banged up for a very long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
                                Harry mate which block do you live in? My daughter lives in Whitstable House just across the road from Grenfell. Hope you're all good mate.
                                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                                Luke Freeman - 6
                                Matt Smith - 6
                                Ebere Eze - 4
                                Joel Lynch - 3
                                Tomer Hemed - 3
                                Toni Leistner - 2
                                Massimo Luongo- 2
                                Angel Rangel - 2
                                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2