No announcement yet.

How crap is this England side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Difficulty is we have a soft belly and don't have the standout players the really good teams have.

Is the same thing through the team. Joe Hart I've never rated, defence very average, same with midfield and up front.

Nearest we have had to a real star was Rooney but he started fading a few years back.

Scotland was a terrible result. Is like playing a lower league club. Should have comfortably beaten them.

Been the same with England for years but now we seem to struggle to even get the crumbs of comfort offered by moments of individual brilliance.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
      you can't watch QPR and england you'd finish up in broadmoor
      13 years since I have missed an England game anywhere in the World so I had best book a room

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
        I think they thrashed us anyway. The scoreline made us look competitive. We don't have the world class talent needed to be successful at international level. Dier is dire, Sterling is as weak as the pound, Butland looks like he comes from there
        , Bertrand is a plastic imitation; Kane is what we get from most teams we play, Lallana looks and plays like a llama, Stones has none, Deli should be behind a counter, Jones is only a corporal and panics, Trippier plays like he partook, AOC is definitely not Air Officer Commanding material.
        Very good, enjoyed that. Not surprised you left out Southgate, what can you do with that?

Comment

That was exactly the same one paced, one dimensional spineless performance as they put in a year ago against Iceland...... it's like Southgate has changed absolutely nothing. I always end up scratching my head after an England game but I reckon too many of them can't do the basics like trap the ball cleanly or pass straight. In simple terms they are not good enough, maybe that's why hardly any English players ever play abroad at a decent level - nobody wants a duff expensive player do they?
          I would love to see an England team comprising some fit, strong, energetic, hard, direct and uncompromising players. I suspect we'd have to recruit from lower placed teams and start ignoring the "golden boys" who treat internationals like some sort of inconvenient stroll in the park.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
            That was exactly the same one paced, one dimensional spineless performance as they put in a year ago against Iceland...... it's like Southgate has changed absolutely nothing. I always end up scratching my head after an England game but I reckon too many of them can't do the basics like trap the ball cleanly or pass straight. In simple terms they are not good enough, maybe that's why hardly any English players ever play abroad at a decent level - nobody wants a duff expensive player do they?
            I would love to see an England team comprising some fit, strong, energetic, hard, direct and uncompromising players. I suspect we'd have to recruit from lower placed teams and start ignoring the "golden boys" who treat internationals like some sort of inconvenient stroll in the park.
            saw the young Spanish side demolish Macedonia. In truth, they'd do the same to the senior England side. It's one thing being crap, but boring and crap is just too much to stomach
            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
            This morning's tempest I have to cross
            I must be guided without a stumble
            Into the arms I love the most

Comment

The 5-1 away in Germany and possibly 1 or 2 games at Euro 2004 aside - England have been an absolute chore to watch since the '98 World Cup ended.
              Last edited by Shepherds Mush; 20-06-2017, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                The 5-1 away in Germany and possibly 1 or 2 games at Euro 2004 aside - England have been an absolute chore to watch since the '98 World Cup ended.
                The 2002 win against the Argies and the friendly in Geneva

The win we got out in croatia as revenge for the wembley defeat

Sweden at the 2012 euros

Wales and Germany last year, perhaps

Other than that I cant really think of too many standout games in that time

Comment

With a series of failed managers(except Sam) at all levels who only get the job because they look good in a blazer what else does anyone expect.

Comment

Working...
                  X