Congratulations England U20s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations England U20s

Some really technically gifted players in squad think we could do a lot worse then get few these players in on loan if possible. The No7 who plays for Spurs looked like everything we lack and would be head and shoulders above everyone he we have in midfield

England World Champions

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    Some really technically gifted players in squad think we could do a lot worse then get few these players in on loan if possible. The No7 who plays for Spurs looked like everything we lack and would be head and shoulders above everyone he we have in midfield

England World Champions
    You've got to be careful with regards to the level they're playing at which would suggest they're a mid table league 1 side. I remember when we signed england u20's and spurs Steven Slade. I was so excited about him and then I saw him getting out muscled and never scored for us. Seen more meat on a blade of grass. Dreadful player but it makes you fearful and realize the gulf between them and the 1st team
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

That was an enjoyable game to watch.
      What's with all the double-barrel surnames?

Comment

Happy to see them win, but gotta be honest - thought quite a few are still some way off being ready for premier league level and doubt they ever will be.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
          Happy to see them win, but gotta be honest - thought quite a few are still some way off being ready for premier league level and doubt they ever will be.
          Spurs 7 head and shoulders above anything we have Norths. The difference quality coaching and schooling makes was clear

Comment

I enjoyed it. The players seemed to generally be quite technically gifted. It was good to see them take players on as well.

Comment

I think they are ahead in physic at this age. It's in a few years time under our coaching when they are miles behind technically
              I must away now, I can no longer tarry
              This morning's tempest I have to cross
              I must be guided without a stumble
              Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Still england related but everyone see joe harts two he let in last night, absolutely shocking positioning for a international goalkeeper that was embarrising!

sorry westy congrats to the younguns btw
                http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Pinks you expect your keeper to save them or at least get hand to them

Comment

I thought his positioning for a start was well out,then he tried diving from those way out spots without moving his feet at all,so static, reminded me of rob green westy, if he was in the right position he woulds of saved them or atleast one as they were perfect height!

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                      Pinks you expect your keeper to save them or at least get hand to them
                      So the answer to youre questions a yes from me in my opinion!

Comment

any rangers in or clise to being in the squad??

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                          Still england related but everyone see joe harts two he let in last night, absolutely shocking positioning for a international goalkeeper that was embarrising!

sorry westy congrats to the younguns btw
                          he's a shocking keeper now and i have no idea why, at one stage i thought of him as one of the 2 best keepers in the world alongside neuer but now i would struggle to put him in the top 5 english keepers! certainly shouldn't be playing for england any longer and god knows why teams like liverpool are in for him. keepers are supposed to be like whiskey in that they get better with age but he's taken a giant dump on that! hes the best keeper england has had since seaman but also the worst imo!

he should certainly be dropped from now on as hes far past it, forster or butland should be the number 1

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                            he's a shocking keeper now and i have no idea why, at one stage i thought of him as one of the 2 best keepers in the world alongside neuer but now i would struggle to put him in the top 5 english keepers! certainly shouldn't be playing for england any longer and god knows why teams like liverpool are in for him. keepers are supposed to be like whiskey in that they get better with age but he's taken a giant dump on that! hes the best keeper england has had since seaman but also the worst imo!

he should certainly be dropped from now on as hes far past it, forster or butland should be the number 1

Totally agree corbs! when he first came on the scene and was loaned out i think to birmingham and thought hes going to be a cracking keeper in the shilton/clemence/parkes mould etc but some of his mistakes have been so bad and all at international level! forsters seeming to be a better keeper now and a giant! but those two freekicks were a way out and very central yet he was miles off cos of his starting position but to do it twice!

anyway westies hi jacked my thread here so......

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                              I thought his positioning for a start was well out,then he tried diving from those way out spots without moving his feet at all,so static, reminded me of rob green westy, if he was in the right position he woulds of saved them or atleast one as they were perfect height!
                              Agree mate. Still rate him as keeper but not greatest show yestetday

Comment

Working...
                              X