Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are you voting for today? (private poll)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not ideal at all but at least no Corbyn in No.10

Seems like the Queen doesn't want him round hers either.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
      Not ideal at all but at least no Corbyn in No.10

Seems like the Queen doesn't want him round hers either.
      Pretty much how I feel.

But then again, there wasn't a possible outcome to this election that would have filled me with any real confidence. My only hope is that the Tories turn on Theresa May and they have somebody other than Boris Johnson up their sleeves to replace her!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
        Pretty much how I feel.

But then again, there wasn't a possible outcome to this election that would have filled me with any real confidence. My only hope is that the Tories turn on Theresa May and they have somebody other than Boris Johnson up their sleeves to replace her!
        They need to bin her and get a true Brexiteer at the helm and get that deal done properly for the sake of the whole Country
        #standuptocancer
        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
          What a result! Just think what could have happened if Corbyn hadn't been hampered by a hostile media and a totally biased BBC. An incredible result for people power versus the billionaire press barons and the establishment. Itso, you should have had more faith fella!

Power to the people!

Hahahaha!
          The media have been even more disgusting than usual during this campaign...

The tories have ####ed this up beyond belief.....May makes David Cameron look capable.......

Comment

So what your saying is that the 10 DUP seats that prop up the Tories to leadership won't be influential? I'm sure they absolutely will have agreed plenty in return for lending the support that Tories need to hang onto power.

Of course I understand that Labour have gained significantly more seats. But surely those who are actually in power are in a far greater position of influence?!!
            It's not a coalition though Tarbie. It's a minority government, so Tories will sit on 1 side with everyone else on the other side of the house (excluding SF). Even if all parties on opposition (excluding DUP) vote the same way, which I find very unlikely, total number of MPs is less than Tories 318. They key for May is getting all her MPs to vote one way. She may need DUP help to get certain legislation through but in my view that would only be if there was a rebellion of her MPs.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
              Not a disaster from my perspective Tarbs, the youth vote was over 72%, this is a political earthquake.
              Totally agree with this as well Hubble......The fact that young people were motivated to vote fills me with hope for the future.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                It's not a coalition though Tarbie. It's a minority government, so Tories will sit on 1 side with everyone else on the other side of the house (excluding SF). Even if all parties on opposition (excluding DUP) vote the same way, which I find very unlikely, total number of MPs is less than Tories 318. They key for May is getting all her MPs to vote one way. She may need DUP help to get certain legislation through but in my view that would only be if there was a rebellion of her MPs.
                So even more of f#cking mess than I'd understood it to be, is basically what you're saying?!!

Comment

So even more of f#cking mess than I'd understood it to be, is basically what you're saying?!!
                  Well I prefer to think that May will have to adapt or even stop some of her more right wing policies. She will not be able just to put through what she wants.

Comment

Well I prefer to think that May will have to adapt or even stop some of her more right wing policies. She will not be able just to put through what she wants.
                    Happy days

Comment

Ah ok.

To be honest mate, I've been at work since about 8am UK and haven't been following the news, only social media. Haven't read up enough on the actual outcome. Just assumed it was the same type of coalition we had between the Tories and Lib Dems a few years back.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnykc View Post
                        Totally agree with this as well Hubble......The fact that young people were motivated to vote fills me with hope for the future.
                        I honestly believe she called this election just to lose it, and then purposely did no press to ensure a defeat all because she is a staunch remainer and all that matters to her is not conservative being in charge but over turning brexit.
                        The result really has put us backwards and has nade me feel like rubbish all day.

Comment

The DUP!!! Fark sake...what a mess - http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7781656.html

Takes some expertise to maneuver yourself from a position of power to where you are relying on Mole People to make up a govt.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                            The DUP!!! Fark sake...what a mess - http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7781656.html
                            "save Ulster from sodomy"
                            They don't sound that bad ...
                            “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                            Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post

Takes some expertise to maneuver yourself from a position of power to where you are relying on Mole People to male up a govt.
                              Depressing ain't it?

Homophobic, God-bothering, anti-abortion, climate change denying dinosaurs. Exactly the sort of politics that I'd like to see become a thing of the past!

Comment

Depressing ain't it?

Homophobic, God-bothering, anti-abortion, climate change denying dinosaurs. Exactly the sort of politics that I'd like to see become a thing of the past!
                                Don't forget the potential to put Irish republican noses out of joint.
                                This could get very messy.
                                “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                                Will Danaher

Comment

Working...
                                X