Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thankyou we are.................i think

Comment

• Not fussed if it's OOC or LCS, just want the club to ensure that good quality stairlifts are fitted.
      My old man was the star player for HMP Parkhurst during their successful and unbeaten 77/78 season.

Comment

• I think the LC Stadium is the frontrunner now. I cannot see how OOC will go ahead given the issues.

I Say instead of having an intial capacity of 30k, I suggest we build the stadium to 20k initially but with the option of expanding the stadium up to 35k in future.

Already hearing a lot of positives about LC.

Comment

• Leaving LR for LC? Although I'd prefer LC to OOC, I'm not sure that it makes huge sense vs LR for either the club or the stakeholders. It's going to be a similar capacity - and we rarely fill LR - and the development aspect is less interesting for our investors.

There are examples of clubs who have moved to new stadia and not demonstrably benefitted, on or off the park.
          Last edited by hal9thou; 16-03-2018, 02:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
            Leaving LR for LC? Although I'd prefer LC to OOC, I'm not sure that it makes huge sense vs LR for either the club or the stakeholders. It's going to be a similar capacity - and we rarely fill LR - and the development aspect is less interesting for our investors.

There are examples of clubs who have moved to new stadia and not demonstrably benefitted, on or off the park.
            Coventry being a classic case mate

Comment

Perhaps more examples of clubs who have benefitted.
              We have to move if we want to progress.

Comment

Leaving LR for LC? Although I'd prefer LC to OOC, I'm not sure that it makes huge sense vs LR for either the club or the stakeholders. It's going to be a similar capacity - and we rarely fill LR - and the development aspect is less interesting for our investors.

The problem with LR comes if we get promoted, it's not a Premier League ground, not even close. Bigger stadium means more fans through the gates (in the Premier League), which means more revenue, which means more money available to buy the players and hire the right coaches to keep us up there.
                The way I see it, with LR we have no chance of expanding to get those extra fans in. With LC, we could build a 20k stadium with room for that expansion if we ever got to the Premier League again. Nothing wrong with building the same size stadium as we have in LR in the meantime.
                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                Luke Freeman - 6
                Matt Smith - 6
                Ebere Eze - 4
                Joel Lynch - 3
                Tomer Hemed - 3
                Toni Leistner - 2
                Massimo Luongo- 2
                Angel Rangel - 2
                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                Geoff Cameron - 1
                Aramide Oteh - 1
                Jake Bidwell - 1
                Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                  Agree doc. Yes we love our home but its not up to modern standards

It’s arguably the worst in the division and probably if you look at clubs in league 1 75% of clubs there have better ground and facilities then us.

What makes QPR so special that we think we should standstill whilst others, even those below us, try and improve

Comment

• Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                    Exactly doc

Comment

• look out for the quote..." im not a property developer, im not looking to make millions of pounds, i'm only doing it to benefit the 40,000 rangers fans"

article from kilburn times, 3 years ago this week.

QPR owner Tony Fernandes (Photo by Clive Rose/Getty Images)
                      QPR chairman Tony Fernandes remains convinced the club will move into a new 40,000-capacity stadium in Old Oak Common, Willesden, by 2018 despite current tenants Car Giant suggesting otherwise.
                      Share article from Brent & Kilburn Times on facebook Tweet article from Brent & Kilburn Times Share article from Brent & Kilburn Times on Google Pluspost article from Brent & Kilburn Times on reddit email article from Brent & Kilburn Times

Tony Mendes, the managing director of the west London car supermarket, called Rangers’ plans for a new stadium “speculative and presumptuous” as his company would need to be relocated for the project to go ahead.

Mendes has also denied reports of an exclusivity agreement with the club and has warned the proposals “may take significantly longer” than was anticipated.

Fernandes, however, is determined to proceed with the ‘New Queens Park’ project.

ADVERTISING

He said: “It’s disappointing [to see] some of the press that has come out from Car Giant, but I’ve been through this many times, with airlines and stuff.

“What we are doing is great for the community. I’m not a property developer so I’m not here to make millions and millions of pounds from it.

“I’m here to benefit the 40,000 fans in two ways – one a nice stadium and two we can build some affordable housing.”

QPR made the announcement about their plans for a new stadium in December 2013 after they gained support from all the major bodies required – the Greater London Authority (GLA), relevant local authorities, Network Rail and the influential Genesis Housing Group.

As part of the project, 24,000 new homes are likely to be built.

Malaysian-born Fernandes says his aim is to help the local community as much as possible.

He added: “It is not easy for people to live in London – certainly not easy for people to live in west London.

“Here I have an opportunity, apart from the little community projects we do, to really impact the community. Our thoughts are on creating jobs, affordable living and building economic benefits for west London through exhibition space and leisure activities.

“We want to make that area an arts and crafts and film area. I think our plan is a community plan that will benefit all generations and create something really special for west London – not just for rich Asians to come and live, but something that will really benefit the community.

“We are making great progress and I still believe those dates are achievable.”
                      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Working...
                      X