A Completely Unrealistic Thread - If It Really Is Sell To Buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Completely Unrealistic Thread - If It Really Is Sell To Buy

It feels as if every summer is the dawn of a rebuild which will lead to miraculous results - and twelve months later it's the same story.

Now compiling some figures from transfermarkt.co.uk; if the club were to sell these players with roughly 70% of the fees (including wages) going into the transfer budget, how would some of you lads redistribute the income?

Steven Caulker - £4.25m (40,000 p/w)
    James Perch - £1.28m (12,500 p/w)
    Karl Henry - £0 (17,500 p/w)
    Ben Gladwin - £425,000 (5,000 p/w)
    Conor Washington - £1.7m (8,000 p/w)
    Jay Emmanuel-Thomas - £425,000 (7,500 p/w)

£7.03m / 100 x 70 = £4.92m
    £76,500 / 100 x 70 = £53,500

With the right men at the helm (I know lads, take a minute to compose yourselves), there is value in the market to make the side more competitive, that meaning a top half finish. Feel free to add or remove players to either aid the budget or reduce it in favour of keeping select players. But how would you personally rebuild the side and get rid of the 'dross' a fair few of you are so keen on criticising.

And no, the money can't be used to compensate Holloway's coaching team.

Originally posted by QueensParkPurgatory View Post
    It feels as if every summer is the dawn of a rebuild which will lead to miraculous results - and twelve months later it's the same story.

Now compiling some figures from transfermarkt.co.uk; if the club were to sell these players with roughly 70% of the fees (including wages) going into the transfer budget, how would some of you lads redistribute the income?

Steven Caulker - £4.25m (40,000 p/w)
    James Perch - £1.28m (12,500 p/w)
    Karl Henry - £0 (17,500 p/w)
    Ben Gladwin - £425,000 (5,000 p/w)
    Conor Washington - £1.7m (8,000 p/w)
    Jay Emmanuel-Thomas - £425,000 (7,500 p/w)

£7.03m / 100 x 70 = £4.92m
    £76,500 / 100 x 70 = £53,500

With the right men at the helm (I know lads, take a minute to compose yourselves), there is value in the market to make the side more competitive, that meaning a top half finish. Feel free to add or remove players to either aid the budget or reduce it in favour of keeping select players. But how would you personally rebuild the side and get rid of the 'dross' a fair few of you are so keen on criticising.

And no, the money can't be used to compensate Holloway's coaching team.
    hmmm... just my guess at player's values:

Steven Caulker - £1m
    James Perch - £500k
    Karl Henry - £0
    Ben Gladwin - £325,000
    Conor Washington - £1.7m
    Jay Emmanuel-Thomas - £0

what's more, i don't think we'd sell washington unless the offer was too good to be true (approx £2.5m plus), so realistically, less than £2m for the others. if someone offered £5m for smithies, then i think that's more than likely to be accepted (and we have ingrams as cover), £3m for hall might leave the board tempted.

Comment

Nice in theory but can you see clubs paying out £4.25 for Caulker? Perch £1.28m?
      Nearer £3m the lot then after 30% various costs = £2.1m

Comment

I would say most of them are worth nothing. That means no exrea funds!!!
        The early bird catches the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese....

Comment

It's unrealistic to think anything will change short term.

Comment

Of that lot only Washington worth anything of value. Might get nominal fee for the waste of space caulker but think that would be half mil at best

Comment

if it is really the case of sell before we buy then maybe Tony and his mates should think hard on whether they are best for the club. I know Uncle has ploughed so much in , i am grateful of the good times recently , but you cant just hang on in there and just give out negative vibes... there's plenty out there with dough willing to push a club forward. Either that or look a bit deeper in those deep pockets.

Comment

Originally posted by Milesawayranger View Post
                if it is really the case of sell before we buy then maybe Tony and his mates should think hard on whether they are best for the club. I know Uncle has ploughed so much in , i am grateful of the good times recently , but you cant just hang on in there and just give out negative vibes... there's plenty out there with dough willing to push a club forward. Either that or look a bit deeper in those deep pockets.
                Problem is, with FFP we can't do that any more. We have to spend according to revenue. It doesn't matter how rich the owners are, their hands are tied.
                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                Luke Freeman - 6
                Matt Smith - 6
                Ebere Eze - 4
                Joel Lynch - 3
                Tomer Hemed - 3
                Toni Leistner - 2
                Massimo Luongo- 2
                Angel Rangel - 2
                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                Geoff Cameron - 1
                Aramide Oteh - 1
                Jake Bidwell - 1
                Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                  Problem is, with FFP we can't do that any more. We have to spend according to revenue. It doesn't matter how rich the owners are, their hands are tied.
                  Such a stupid ruling it really is & will kill english football, well the lesser teams! why cant they just make the ruling that if owners want to spend its them that foots the debt instead of the club, bet there wouldnt be soo many wanting to buy clubs in england then!
                  http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Milesawayranger View Post
                    Grateful for the good times? 1 good season in 6 under 'unc'.

Comment

Working...
                    X