Be positive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be positive

Come on lads let's be a bit positive. Yes we had a bad season but alot of turmoil. We have a half decent core to the squad I sometimes thought last year we lacked strength and fight we looked weak at times and yes we do need some not all but some mentally strong people to come in like Hill and derry without them we never would of got promoted! Look at our core:

Smithies
    Hall
    Furlong
    Manning
    Luongo
    Goss
    Cousins when fit is actually decent
    Wsolek
    Freeman
    Ngbakoto
    Sylla
    Robinson IF stays fit

To me we need

Two center half's
    Left back who's fit!
    Goalscoring midfielder
    Two strikers
    Left winger

I would out if money offered!

Onuoha
    Perch
    Bidwell
    Gladwin
    Caulker
    Doughty
    Jet
    Lynch

Can't help but agree with you.
    But, there are problems. Not the usual Tony out, or we need a new manager, but problems still attached to our premier league days.
    Four players still on 40k plus per week, some not even thinking about playing.
    FFP still an unknown, still being sorted by expensive lawyers.
    money is being withheld to pay fine while not breaking FFP again.
    But still I think you are right in as much as if we can get a Clint hill and Shaun Derry in the squad we could really do better than expected.

Comment

Agree with a lot of OP but to need to bring in over half a team (seven players) actually shouts were miles away from being st the top end. Add to that three or four of players mentioned could be off means even more would be needed

Comment

Originally posted by foggy View Post
        Can't help but agree with you.
        But, there are problems. Not the usual Tony out, or we need a new manager, but problems still attached to our premier league days.
        Four players still on 40k plus per week, some not even thinking about playing.
        FFP still an unknown, still being sorted by expensive lawyers.
        money is being withheld to pay fine while not breaking FFP again.
        But still I think you are right in as much as if we can get a Clint hill and Shaun Derry in the squad we could really do better than expected.
        Who are these players on £40k+ a week? Caulker definitely is, and I'd say onuoha is near that figure, but who else?

Comment

Hard to be positive with Holloway still in charge, with very little money to spend we will have to unearth a few little gems from somewhere, sadly don't think that's Holloways forte, some of the afore mentioned as of Luongo, Cousins, need come to the fore and need to do much better than last season, as for Furlong I just don't think he's good enough for the Championship and found wanting too many times, agree with who needs to go with the possible exception of Bidwell maybe

Comment

Good post Indsider.
            Call me crazy though, but I'd actually keep Perch and Doughty. Both are decent backup imo.
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Are people really happy with our RB situation?

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                Are people really happy with our RB situation?
                Im unsure personally, i think furlong has potential but he hasnt really shown it tbh. Perch im okay with keeping as a backup as he can play anywhere and has put in some motm performances for us and is normally ok. Think both are wingback positions need a looking at tbh

Comment

What if JET all of a sudden decides to play fotball again. But will it happen? I`m not so sure..
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                    What if JET all of a sudden decides to play fotball again. But will it happen? I`m not so sure..
                    I don't think it's a case of him not wanting to play football. I think it's more a case of him being a complete ****. The phrase "a leopard never changes its spots" has never been more appropriate than to describe our swazzy douche

Comment

Will need a keeper coz doubt smithies will be here start of season. Also a forward , 2 centre halfs, left back and right back.
                      Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Yep said it before we need a back four one or two holding m/fielder as priority , we've got the keeper if Smithies goes , we can get by with the forwards we've got but don't expect us to be top of the scoring charts ! I'd have no complaints at keeping Bidwell not as bad as some say as a full back but not a wing back saying hat I'd be happy if he went for a reasonable fee to help team rebuilding , should we go go for Aron Pierie Wycombe ?tough no nonsense c/h knows where row z is if in trouble

Comment

Keep seeing rangers fans mention Pierre he's awful defender two or three clicks worse then what we have

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                            Good post Indsider.
                            Call me crazy though, but I'd actually keep Perch and Doughty. Both are decent backup imo.
                            Your CRAZY so are you

Comment

Originally posted by foggy View Post
                              if we can get a Clint hill and Shaun Derry in the squad we could really do better than expected.
                              They came because of Warnock (having played under him at Palace). Is Ollie likely to attract similar quality?

Comment

Working...
                              X