Josh Bowler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
    Can't get into a championship relegation battling side but people think he's going to get in a big spending ambitious Everton first team and even score.
    Think you'd probably get odds of 1000-1 on that happening.
    tbf Koeman has always been one to mix youth with established players. No reason why he wouldnt have a shot at making the first team squad if he impresses there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
      Change Premier League to Carabao Cup and you might be right.
      They signed Lookman from Charlton in January and played him often (he even scored). They also brought in Tom Davies from their academy (no previous pro experience) and he's walked straight into their team. Again, they don't just sign anybody and they give their youngsters a chance.
      Last edited by SuperHoopNik; 03-07-2017, 02:58 PM.
      "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

• Originally posted by Norths View Post
        tbf Koeman has always been one to mix youth with established players. No reason why he wouldnt have a shot at making the first team squad if he impresses there.
        Well he plays for them once in the Premier next season then Olli should lbe sacked for not playing him for us as gross negligence

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
          They signed Lookman from Charlton in January and played him often (he even scored). They also brought in Tom Davies from their academy (no previous pro experience) and he's walked straight into their team. Again, they don't just sign anybody and they give their youngsters a chance.
          Lookman had played 40 odd first team games at Charlton and cost over £7m....no way was he bought to sit in the reserves.

Wasn't Davies heavily involved in the England youth sides? Captain of one of them - only a matter of time until he got a shot with the first team.

I'm not dismissing Everton's ability to give youth a chance or spot talent, all I am saying is I would doubt Bowler will play in the PL next season.

Comment

Lookman had played 40 odd first team games at Charlton and cost over £7m....no way was he bought to sit in the reserves.

Wasn't Davies heavily involved in the England youth sides? Captain of one of them - only a matter of time until he got a shot with the first team.

I'm not dismissing Everton's ability to give youth a chance or spot talent, all I am saying is I would doubt Bowler will play in the PL next season.
            Beat me too it. The recent youngsters (that we are aware of, there have probably been more that haven't broke into the 1st team yet) that everton signed were established players for their previous teams and had played youth level for England. Plus everton are currently the highest spenders this year I reckon the big money signings will get priority.

Comment

• Looks like our Josh is going to be playing alongside Wayne Rooney in the premiership next season.
              Sad to see him go, and our side will be a lot worse than it was without him in it this season, but wish him all the best in a move he could never ever turn down.

Comment

• Bowler is not going from our reserves to play in the Prem next year. When he goes he will be loaned out to a Div 1 team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                  Sad to see him go, and our side will be a lot worse than it was without him in it this season.

Comment

• Hurry up and get rid of this gimp.

Comment

• How well did he exactly do last season?

Comment

Nail on head.

I hope it does work out for the lad at Everton. We definitely shouldn't holding a grudge after getting such a good return on someone that barely kicked a ball for us. But to suggest he's been bought to play first team football for them straight away is a bit daft. Perhaps he might even go out on loan for a season!

Comment

• Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                          How well did he exactly do last season?
                          Impressed for the youth team by all accounts

Got 20 minutes first team football on last day of the season

Comment

Working...
                          X