Josh Bowler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hooploft View Post
    Fulham and Brentford have held on to a few of the players they groomed for first team Brian
    Yes. This is why I would not sell him even if he wants to go, but instead play him in the team. If he is as good as made out or hoped, he will shine and his value will increase greatly even if set by a tribunal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
      Leaves us in the same position as virtually every other side in this division, in my opinion.

What we need to start doing is working the loan market better. All these talented young players that the top sides sign from all over the world need to go somewhere for first team football. Chelsea have got a load of expensively acquired youth and U21 players that all go out on loan, and we're 20 minutes down the road. When was the last time we had a look at loaning someone from there?
      Agreed we should be using the loan market for players like Pritchard, Keane (Michael) when they were available and Abraham last season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
        So you're suggesting keep him for 1 season and hope the tribunal pays 4 mill? Good luck with that
        So lets say he is actually a good player like Dembele or Deli Ali at this level, you don't think a tribunal will set a good price on him?
        I have never seen him play , but if Koeman wants to offer a package deal uptown £3m it suggests that he is a good prospect.

Comment

• main thing id want for bowler is the sell on fee, 3m is good but if he turns out to be a good player 3m will be an absolute steal. heck, we made 20m off of raheem sterling altogether believe it or not. prem teams have stupid money and spend even stupider on players so we need a sell on fee clause.

i dont blame bowler for turning down a new contract either, if i was in his shoes even as a qpr supporter i'd do the same. he probably has more chance making it there than he does here and everton are really giving their youth players some serious game time. if he does make it there it looks great for us too

Comment

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
            So lets say he is actually a good player like Dembele or Deli Ali at this level, you don't think a tribunal will set a good price on him?
            I have never seen him play , but if Koeman wants to offer a package deal uptown £3m it suggests that he is a good prospect.
            Tom Ince played over 100 games for Blackpool scoring 30 goals in 3 seasons........Hull paid £2m after a tribunal for him

Proper gamble IMO, not to mention the potentially increased pressure on him to perform if he was to stay
            Last edited by Shepherds Mush; 09-06-2017, 03:05 PM.

Comment

• Bowler

Everton are trying hard to take Bowler away from us. Take it that for a young player, the prospect of playing in the Premier with a bigger club and on better wages will surely turn his head around! However, our neighbours Fulham had a similar situation with Sessegon. He's younger and presumbly better. Still playing in the Championship as well. For some reason, they managed to convince him to stay and sign a new 3 year contract. We should use the same situation to convince Bowler that QPR are currently and the near future, his best way for his devolpement. Maybe our neighbours situations will help us convince him!

Comment

• Why? I mean is he really that good? He's played one half for us in a 4-0 loss. I say if Everton want to pay a couple of mill for him, let them.
                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                Luke Freeman - 6
                Matt Smith - 6
                Ebere Eze - 4
                Joel Lynch - 3
                Tomer Hemed - 3
                Toni Leistner - 2
                Massimo Luongo- 2
                Angel Rangel - 2
                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                Geoff Cameron - 1
                Aramide Oteh - 1
                Jake Bidwell - 1
                Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Sessegnon played consistently last season. Bowler played 20 mins. That's the difference

Comment

• Everton are no mugs when it comes to youngsters. The lads gotta be pretty special if they are chasing him with such intensity. They aren't giving up easily and that sp ask volumes. Depends what the offer is for me, if it's a couple of million quid I'd be tempted to go all out to keep him and roll the dice. That fee will rise dramatically if he plays and does well. Worth the gamble imo

Comment

• If he's really that good why the he'll didn't he get more game time?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                        Why? I mean is he really that good? He's played one half for us in a 4-0 loss. I say if Everton want to pay a couple of mill for him, let them.
                        Might as well give up on our youth team with that thinking
                        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                          It might be argued that this product of our youth team has earned us this big fee.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                            Ninjas thoughts on the ways of running a football club are worse than what we've actually witnessed the last six years

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
                              If he's really that good why the he'll didn't he get more game time?
                              Because he has only just made the step up?

Sessegnon used as a comparison above. Its like asking why he didn't make any appearances prior to his debut.

Comment

• Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                                It might be argued that this product of our youth team has earned us this big fee.
                                I get the whole ffp ruling but losing a player that clearly has ability is peanuts mate and you know it. The Everton scouts clearly know their onions and the fact that we're trying to keep him must be worth taking a chance on. The lad is very young and getting more attention than most. Fulham were very unlucky not to gain promotion and they're very much a club that look to give their talented youngsters a go and they tend to reap rewards. Sorry gotta disagree with you on this one mate
                                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Working...
                                X