I hope that there is a lot going on behind the scenes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope that there is a lot going on behind the scenes

...because on the face of it we are in for a troubled season. Bad vibes from club re transfers , re money, re our ambition. For the sake of everyone on here i hope that the owners get it right this time.

enjoy the summer, see you in Sept.

Bircham on website now:
    “It’s not so much talented players,…attitude commitement personality is massive for us and I think that’s we need to add to the squad and I think that’s what you need in the championship. If we can find players like that that will be bonus”

This is my main worry- for next year. The reason Holloway didn’t fancy Huddersfield this year is because they heavily relied on overseas imports. His old fashioned thinking here hasn’t caught up with that McCormack costs £11m, Kodja £15m and Vydra £8m

It wasn’t that long ago that we got Austin for £4m and not because his contract was nearly up). So now on our budgets the best of the type of player we can afford with championship experience is Matt Smith unfortunately. Huddersfield proved Holloway wrong and he hasn’t caught up to modern pricing

Far more value in shopping overseas- lets find the next Knockaert and Mahrez -both brought in to the Championship. Holloway would have bombed them out just as he is trying to bomb Ngbakoto out

Bircham and Holloway though instead want to focus on Brits. So expect old try hard limited talent Brits and not young talented foreigners
    Last edited by Route One; 01-06-2017, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Penrice and Reeves will have to teach Ollie a thing or two about modern fotball. Regarding March Bircham, he is still learning his trade.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Route One View Post
        Bircham on website now:
        “It’s not so much talented players,…attitude commitement personality is massive for us and I think that’s we need to add to the squad and I think that’s what you need in the championship. If we can find players like that that will be bonus”

This is my main worry- for next year. The reason Holloway didn’t fancy Huddersfield this year is because they heavily relied on overseas imports. His old fashioned thinking here hasn’t caught up with that McCormack costs £11m, Kodja £15m and Vydra £8m

It wasn’t that long ago that we got Austin for £4m and not because his contract was nearly up). So now on our budgets the best of the type of player we can afford with championship experience is Matt Smith unfortunately. Huddersfield proved Holloway wrong and he hasn’t caught up to modern pricing

Far more value in shopping overseas- lets find the next Knockaert and Mahrez -both brought in to the Championship. Holloway would have bombed them out just as he is trying to bomb Ngbakoto out

Bircham and Holloway though instead want to focus on Brits. So expect old try hard limited talent Brits and not young talented foreigners
        That's why Penrice was brought in though. If he finds a gem.overseas Ollie would be silly to not at least have a look.
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Ollie has though shown he is silly.

We need some grit and personality but also quality and as has been said in this thread we cannot afford quality in the English leagues so need to look for gems abroad. Our side isn't that bad. Just need to keep hold of core, add in a few key positions and have a manager that gets them organised and motivated.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
            That's why Penrice was brought in though. If he finds a gem.overseas Ollie would be silly to not at least have a look.
            Does anyone know which players Penrice has actually scouted for his previous employers?

Comment

There must have been a lot of players, released after their contracts expired, worried about their futures who have been given new hope when they heard about our recruitment policy.
              Just run all day and laugh at Ollie Beaks jokes.No skill required.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                Does anyone know which players Penrice has actually scouted for his previous employers?
                I can't find anything that actually says which particular players he scouted, but if he was chief scout at Leicester, Stoke and Everton, he must've had a hand in a good few of their signings surely?
                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                Luke Freeman - 6
                Matt Smith - 6
                Ebere Eze - 4
                Joel Lynch - 3
                Tomer Hemed - 3
                Toni Leistner - 2
                Massimo Luongo- 2
                Angel Rangel - 2
                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                Geoff Cameron - 1
                Aramide Oteh - 1
                Jake Bidwell - 1
                Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                  I can't find anything that actually says which particular players he scouted, but if he was chief scout at Leicester, Stoke and Everton, he must've had a hand in a good few of their signings surely?
                  From Wiki: In October 2008, Penrice joined Stoke City as a European Scout. Tony Pulis was eager to add Penrice to the Stoke scouting network to utilise his knowledge of the European transfer market. He remained at Stoke for three years.[10]

Penrice is now involved in international player recruitment on a freelance basis, searching out talent abroad for a number of clubs, including Wigan and Blackpool. The Daily Express reported that he joined Everton F.C. in August 2013.

If he does have good knowledge of European market could be very important.

Comment

If Penrice is so good and has been at some established premier league clubs why has he chosen to drop a league and why did they agree to let him go??? Business don't usually let assets walk

Comment

When we all think all is lost ,we win !! Expect a good season lads !
                      Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
                        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                          Kanti - Leicester, now Chelscum

Comment

Originally posted by wewillbeback View Post
                            Kanti - Leicester, now Chelscum
                            Seems you are mixing him up with the fella that is now at Everton

Penrice left Leicester in 2008 according to wiki

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
                              That's QPR to a tee
                              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                              Pawel Wszolek - 6
                              Luke Freeman - 6
                              Matt Smith - 6
                              Ebere Eze - 4
                              Joel Lynch - 3
                              Tomer Hemed - 3
                              Toni Leistner - 2
                              Massimo Luongo- 2
                              Angel Rangel - 2