It really hits home.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THE CAT View Post
    This is exactly right, everyone was over the moon with most of the deals we did, for both managers and players, but now because they didn't work out, our owners are the biggest bunch of idiots ever to have been in football.

I am actually grateful for what they tried to achieve as it was well-intentioned, and obviously disappointed that it hasn't worked out. However I want them to stick around as believe they can turn things round given time, which as 3london says above is not something people like to do.

Comment

I like TF and the board (was reassured to see Amit had travelled to Malaysia for end of season meeting) I like the DOF role it makes perfect sense for club our size and don't think Les has done half as bad as some make out.

I think the general framework, goodwill and intentions are now there for the club to build upon. Just need right manager to be the cherry on top fingers crossed that manager is Ollie and we get off to a flyer

Fact we have others interested in our kids and possibly few other seniors is indication things have improved. We might as fans not want sell kids but for ten years no club has even looked in our direction for kids so we're on the up.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        I like TF and the board (was reassured to see Amit had travelled to Malaysia for end of season meeting) I like the DOF role it makes perfect sense for club our size and don't think Les has done half as bad as some make out.

I think the general framework, goodwill and intentions are now there for the club to build upon. Just need right manager to be the cherry on top fingers crossed that manager is Ollie and we get off to a flyer

Fact we have others interested in our kids and possibly few other seniors is indication things have improved. We might as fans not want sell kids but for ten years no club has even looked in our direction for kids so we're on the up.
        Westy nobody is making out Les has been bad he HAS BEEN BAD the last two and a half years have generally been a mishmash of incompetent handling of managerial appointments , poor and misguided recruitment of players and even serving up a poor quality of dross football if there can be such thing as as a poor quality of dross, it's come under his watch as dof

Comment

Your opinion hoop mine is he's done decent job but I accept I don't speak for every poster

i don't blame him for managers that's boards call as for players you get some right you get some wrong same happened when Warnock, Hughes and Redknapp were pulling strings on transfers

Was dross under Warnock before he left as it was Hughes and Harry or am I wrong in saying that??

Comment

Your opinion hoop mine is he's done decent job but I accept I don't speak for every poster

i don't blame him for managers that's boards call as for players you get some right you get some wrong same happened when Warnock, Hughes and Redknapp were pulling strings on transfers

Was dross under Warnock before he left as it was Hughes and Harry or am I wrong in saying that??

no your not wrong I can accept not every player works out and can accept he made a mistake in signing JET bad luck ! thought his lazyness could be turned around poor character ! but to make same twice with Morrison should have been a case of once bitten twice shy , the same as Ramsey's two appointments , but as you say each to their own

Comment

But we're not in market to get finished articles with right attitude so we got take risk here and there and hope it comes off. Ie Tarrabt worked for season and we got rewarded

JET has all ability in world but as you say attitude stinks same Morrison but surely got chance your arm in hope they do mature and deliver or give us one great season like Carbs. If we want players who we know will deliver and are not a risk like a Cairney of Fulham or guy went from forest to Villa with birds hairdo were looking at millions. We are where we are mate win some lose some hopefully more Come off then flop

Going forwards players like that think we will need find create and deliver ourselves from youth

Comment

We had yesterday's post on Bircham saying they are looking to future players character before talent so they are obviously aware they wasted money on the likes of JET and Morrison
                Don't get me wrong having watched Rodney ,Stanley Tony Currie Francis Thomas Dave Clements Phil Parks there no substitute for ability no it was more than ability with these pure skill is the word is what football is all about but we find ourselves years away from that
                Last edited by dogsrrs; 01-06-2017, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Great post mate

Comment

Simple thing is, club can't afford any dead weight on the pitch or off it (wages, morale etc)

And let's not take it out of context of what Birch said. He also said if they can find players that have the right attitude and commitment AND talent then great.

Freeman I think is a great example of hard working, good attitude and talent, and we got him for £500k (due to contract length)! Could easily sell him for 3 or 4 times that already after half a season. That's the type of player we should and I'm sure we are looking for. A good deal all round.

I don't think the powers that be at the club would be looking to recruit 11 Jamie Mackies. Hoos, Ferdinand, Fernandes, Holloway, Bircham and Penrice will know we won't get anywhere with a team full of "chest beaters" etc so stop taking things out of context.
                    My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Originally posted by hooploft View Post
                      We had yesterday's post on Bircham saying they are looking to future players character before talent so they are obviously aware they wasted money on the likes of JET and Morrison
                      Don't get me wrong having watched Rodney ,Stanley Tony Currie Francis Thomas Dave Clements Phil Parks there no substitute for ability no it was more than ability with these pure skill is the word is what football is all about but we find ourselves years away from that
                      All I would say in Ollies defence is that he has talked about people who can play the piano as well as lots of people to carry/move the piano. He is clearly aware you need a bit of flair as well as grafters and the right attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                        All I would say in Ollies defence is that he has talked about people who can play the piano as well as lots of people to carry/move the piano. He is clearly aware you need a bit of flair as well as grafters and the right attitude.
                        Yours and CJs post is exactly what I bang on about when I refered to what Birch had tosay had posters yesterday falling over their selves to take it out oontext Les got bitten with twice with Ramsey's appointments and did the same first with jet and then Morrison if we're looking for talent at bargain basement prices caution still needs to be taken baring in mind theres no such thing as a free lunch
                        Last edited by dogsrrs; 01-06-2017, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Can't see the fuss. We've bought talented players in the past who couldn't give a monkeys about playing for us and it's never turned out well.

Comment

Well they have over £100mil to spend so pretty sure it won't put the club in ruins
                            The early bird catches the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese....

Comment

Working...
                            X