Reading play off final

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Westway View Post
    We got promoted via the playoffs under Redknapp, that didn't make him an amazing manager! Same applies to Wagner.
    Some people on here think Wagner is the best thing since sliced bread. Well, Huddersfield were turgid today and have been for a while. He is not the messiah ffs.
    I didn't think they were turgid, I thought they were the better team. They certainly had the best chances. Redknapp had Charlie Austin and a just relegated premiership squad plus Steve McLaren to give him the start that meant we achieved the play-offs. Then he got lucky. Wagner has taken a team that nearly got relegated last season to the premiership. That didn't happen by chance.

Comment

For me, Huddersfield know how to play smart. Reading don't - for me they were in a false position.

And of course Huddersfield have our manager to thank for motivation, just a shame his main positive contribution to proceedings was for another club.......

Originally posted by Westway View Post
      Promoted with a -2 goal difference.
      Didn't win any of their playoff matches.
      No Huddersfield player even scored in any of the playoff games.

Yeah, amazing manager!
      The vast majoprity of Rs fan would rather be where they are this evening than where we are. Wagner did two things. He shrewdly cherry picked the German contingent to do a job for him, and he set up according to strengths, something we have consistently failed to do. That may not be amazing management, but it's a lot better than the nonsense we've had to put up with.
      Last edited by hal9thou; 30-05-2017, 01:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
        For me, Huddersfield know how to play smart. Reading don't - for me they were in a false position.

And of course Huddersfield have our manager to thank for motivation, just a shame his main positive contribution to proceedings was for another club.......

The vast majoprity of Rs fan would rather be where they are this evening than where we are. Wagner did two things. He shrewdly cherry picked the German contingent to do a job for him, and he set up according to strengths, something we have consistently failed to do. That may not be amazing management, but it's a lot better than the nonsense we've had to put up with.
        Nail on head mate.

Comment

He also used the loan market fantastically which we failed to do. Don't know how much they are paying for the likes of Mooy, Brown and Palmer but these players have made a huge difference to them.

Comment

Originally posted by johnp View Post
            He also used the loan market fantastically which we failed to do. Don't know how much they are paying for the likes of Mooy, Brown and Palmer but these players have made a huge difference to them.
            That Mooy is a classy player.
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

They actually won the playoffs without winning a game and only scoring 1 goal.

Comment

well done to hudds and wagner , nice to see some different teams on motd .just shows what a lottery the play offs are as i'd of thought weds or fulham would have done it . and the bonus have to go to that dreadful town reading for another year

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                  yeah true cos its a complicated game parking the bus and pressing and on the break lol
                  They faded end of season but took a poor team, improved them, played smart and got them promoted.

Ollie took a reasonably good, team, played stupid, made them rubbish and nearly got us relegated.

Not saying Wagner a genius but know who I would rather have managing us!

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                    well done to hudds and wagner , nice to see some different teams on motd .just shows what a lottery the play offs are as i'd of thought weds or fulham would have done it . and the bonus have to go to that dreadful town reading for another year
                    Still think Huddersfield should be investigated for 10 changes v brummies. If we lost to forest we wouldn't be so kind to The little terriers
                    Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

If we had lost to Forest we should be castrated.

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                        If we had lost to Forest we should be castrated.
                        Werent they on a good little run before playing us!
                        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                          Werent they on a good little run before playing us!
                          Am pretty sure they beat the 2 PO finalists in the lead up to playing us

Comment

Working...
                          X