Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    Not sure that's fair Ollie has played to his strengths more the Flloyd
    He did, especially at first. But last 2-3 months we hardly played 2 up top, Washington with a target player, I mean.

Comment

I like him but don't think he's good enough if we want to push on. Saying that I doubt we are going to so he's good enough for where we are and our ambitions.

Comment

Sell sell sell

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
          Sell sell sell
          And buy who with the £2m we'd get for Washington - remember we ALWAYS sell at a loss! No fan of Washington - he is VERY limited - but who would we get for that amount? Uncle & co. Have sp.unked all their money...

Comment

Key is will Ollie play him? And play him where he should be played? If so he's good value for afew goals and we can't afford better. If he ins't going to play him properly or at all then do us and the lad a favour and sell him. If you're going to loan a striker like him then sell him. If you're going to sell Sylla then keep him.

2.5 million isn't enough to buy a 'proven' striker. But hey, proven or not a striker, be it Conor or anyone, isn't going to get many goals if played on the left wing in a team that doesn't play with any width.

Comment

Originally posted by Northolt_Rs View Post
              And buy who with the £2m we'd get for Washington - remember we ALWAYS sell at a loss! No fan of Washington - he is VERY limited - but who would we get for that amount? Uncle & co. Have sp.unked all their money...
              This is an exceptionally talented player that will on to to prove he will be up there with the best H R won't be disappointed come on and get him !
              Now if Penrice is any good he should be able to use what we on replacements

Comment

TBH mate whoever we buy can only improve on his abysmal record in front of goal.

Comment

We didn't with Polter or Chery.

Comment

This reminds me of that kane thread, very simular apart from washington isnt anywhere near him but he will go on to be good, & really cant understand getting rid of him especially for whats rumoured to be same as paid for him!
                    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                      This reminds me of that kane thread, very simular apart from washington isnt anywhere near him but he will go on to be good, & really cant understand getting rid of him especially for whats rumoured to be same as paid for him!
                      I don't dislike Connor but personally, I think we paid over the odds for him. If Harry wants to pay us equal or more than what we paid for him then we be daft not to oblige him in my opinion. Similar story as the BFG a few months back. Didn't dislike the guy, but if somebody wants to give us a decent whack for him that can be re-invested in 2 or 3 smart purchases, why the hell wouldn't we?!!
                      Last edited by Tarbie; 30-05-2017, 01:15 PM.

Comment

get someone in 1st , not prolific enough for me

Comment

I do think there is a decent player there but it's touch and go whether he fulfills his potential

If Birmingham offer 2m we'd be mad not to take it

Comment

For 2m we could easily buy jason cummings from hibs, mark my words he'd score for fun for us perfect signing and only 21 with 20+ goals in his last 3 seasons

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                              especially for whats rumoured to be same as paid for him!
                              there's your answer. I seriously doubt they thought they'd be getting that given the way things have panned out.

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
                                We didn't with Polter or Chery.
                                Ok...two out of dozens. Hardly offsets the tens of millions we've lost on all the others though..... If I had the time I'd list them out but I'm sure somebody else has done this work already.

Comment

Working...
                                X