birmingham in for washington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• birmingham in for washington

Transfer Talk: Birmingham City manager Harry Redknapp looking at QPR forward Conor Washington to bolster attacking line
    The 25-year-old scored nine goals in 45 appearances for the R's last season, but could be targeted as Harry Redknapp looks to bolster the Blues.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport...nager-13105462
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

I read about it yesterday along with us making a move for mike williamson but its one of those "These 3 players would make brilliant signings for 'team'" that you see on newsnow, somehow this has gotten steam and is being reported by getwestlondon haha

Comment

9 goals in 45 and played mostly out of position!
      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

We need to keep hold of Washington. A very decent player who has been made full scapegoat. Play to his strengths and I can see 17-20 goals a real possibility
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Agree weare, but its the typical sort of thing rangers does! then watch him bang them in for fun somewhere else while we say let him go for less than we paid for him!

Comment

Personally, I'd sooner he went than Sylla.

Comment

If true this will be a huge tester for DOF and Holloway, and the outcome will be a significant pointer for the fans for next year. Play to his strengths, stop messing him about and he'll score goals (for someone) through his persistence. Keep Mackie, sell Washington...........really?

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                If true this will be a huge tester for DOF and Holloway, and the outcome will be a significant pointer for the fans for next year. Play to his strengths, stop messing him about and he'll score goals (for someone) through his persistence. Keep Mackie, sell Washington...........really?
                Absolutely, just stop messing about and play him together with a big man, it's not rocket science!

And sure, anyone is for sale at the right price but if he goes for the same price we bought him for I'd be really upset! As you say, a significant pointer..

Comment

If we are going to play 2 up top then I'd like to keep Connor. I personally think him and smith are a cb's worst nightmare combo. We just need the right players to compliment them.

I wouldn't sell him unless we get a profit as well. So Birmingham can F off at 2 mill. If he had a year left then maybe but right now we should hold inflate his value and hold out for 4-5 mill.
                  Last edited by maidstone_hoop; 29-05-2017, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Played in a 2 conor would easily get 15-20 goals and maybe more, unreal to think we would want to just recoup our money we paid for him, hes quick aswell and we lack pace and goals, if any other club was selling him he`d be going for alot more! a joke tbh if we let him go for that!

Comment

And, we'll have to replace him, what kind of striker do you actually get for 2,5 million today?

This is a no brainer imho, keep and play him up front regularly in a front 2!

Comment

Decent player but Holloway doesn't play to his strengths so we may as well sell him.

Comment

A lot of huffing and puffing but when it really counts he's been found wanting too often. Sylla is the one we need to hang onto, as long as we have a manager capable of playing him.

I think a lot of jaws hit the floor when we plunged for Connor at that price. I saw an interview with CW where his confidence in Ollie seemed questionable, but you can't hold that against him.

Comment

Play him to his strengths in a front 2 and he could easily miss 15-20 goals a season.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                              Decent player but Holloway doesn't play to his strengths so we may as well sell him.
                              Not sure that's fair Ollie has played to his strengths more the Flloyd

Comment

Working...
                              X