My mate's son signs for Bournemouth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mate's son signs for Bournemouth

His dad is very proud as you can understand. The QPR connection is that Frankie was originally in the QPR youth set-up and played for U14 to U16 before going to Barnet. I don't think it's a matter of QPR letting him go, I think Frankie was impatient he wasn't progressing and he thought Barnet offered him more opportunities, but apparently the Barnet coach was a right ####. Anyway, good luck to the him, he's a good lad.

http://www.afcb.co.uk/news/article/2...t-3724922.aspx

JJB brother drive him?

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      JJB brother drive him?
      lol

As in this actually a true story.

Comment

good luck to your mates son, hopefully he makes it so we can have a few threads in the future about how crap the club is for letting our youth players go

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
          good luck to your mates son, hopefully he makes it so we can have a few threads in the future about how crap the club is for letting our youth players go
          Thanks mate. I think the latter is inevitable!

Comment

Just to add a bit more to the story, Frankie trialled with Bristol Rovers after Barnet, they played him against Bournemouth and Bournemouth poached him. Apparently we made a bid for him as well at that point, but we couldn't beat Bournemouth's offer.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
              Apparently we made a bid for him as well at that point, but we couldn't beat Bournemouth's offer.
              So basically we let him go at U16 and a couple of years later decided we got that wrong. We come in again but by now we're pennyless as well as clueless. Good luck to him.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                So basically we let him go at U16 and a couple of years later decided we got that wrong. We come in again but by now we're pennyless as well as clueless. Good luck to him.
                I know. I can't see anyone else in world football being let go only to be bought back by the same club. Clueless club.

On a different note how did everyone think Pogba did this season?

Comment

Who's Pogba?

Comment

Working...
                  X