Shay Given

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shania View Post
    If Smithies goes we need a much more solid defence... Anyway at will be a very, very sad day when he leaves. I have sad it before and I say it again, I hate it when we sell our best players. In that resect, Austin`s departure was really hard to take.........
    With our defence it doesn't matter who's in goal.

Comment

He's only 38 or 39 so has another year in him,he can still catch a ball and make the odd save so why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
        He's only 38 or 39 so has another year in him,he can still catch a ball and make the odd save so why not?
        Because we already have 2 keepers ready to step up. Waste of wages that we don't have

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
          Because we already have 2 keepers ready to step up. Waste of wages that we don't have
          Tough call to say if both are ready to step up yet. Having a veteran keeper ready to step in if either hit a rocky patch would be the sensible thing.

In fact, I'd be in favour of having an older keeper among the 3 at all times.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
            Tough call to say if both are ready to step up yet. Having a veteran keeper ready to step in if either hit a rocky patch would be the sensible thing.

In fact, I'd be in favour of having an older keeper among the 3 at all times.
            Ingram has been playing first team football so has Lumley and got rave reviews at Bristol Rovers.

Comment

given his age i'd say , no thanks

Comment

yeah the more i think about it the more i think that it wouldn't be worth it and would be a gamble unless he came here on reduced wages knowing that to even get in the team he'll have to fight for it as if smithies goes we will need a 3rd keeper anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                  Of course, I was being sarcastic, signing a 40 year old has been who "can make the odd save" would be madness

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                    He's 41.

Think the OP is on a wind up anyway. Pretty sure Given is going to retire after his release from Stoke.

If there is any legs to this story, I very much doubt we'd be looking at him as first choice. More as back-up possibly combined with goalkeeping coach I'd imagine!

Comment

Never going to happen, if we are looking at player replacements like this then god help us.
                      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Hi

Don't do wind ups its on QPR news now have a look mate

Comment

Could be that while Smithies may be sold, only one from Ingram or Lumley can play. So we will loan out Lumley, play Ingram and get Given as a back up!

Comment

Was a quality back in the day but even as a back up I just can't see the point in this signing.

If Smithies goes then Ingram is good enough to step up. We'd need to invest the Smithies money on some defenders to give the lad a chance next year though.

Comment

Player manager?

Comment

washington on his way to birmingham for two million and now three million for smithies gives us a fabulous five million to bring in some brilliant players
                                Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Working...
                                X