Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shay Given

If Smithies goes apparantly we might be getting Given

Like Given but blimey back to the old days of Redknapp.

Next year the championship is going to be really really tough.

Looking at the players we are targeting this year so far we are going to huge struggle again

The ambition seems to have gone from the owners now

Ingram is the perfect replacement if Smithies goes

Need a top captain in midfield ..Another leader in defence ..Striker with pedigree

Good grief.

Comment

Given passing on his experience to Ingram and Lumley, with the idea being that one of them would be our long term number 1. (Should smithies go of course, which is just a rumour at this point)

Comment

Cant see smithies staying tbh, clubs have already started sniffing about and if hud go up i defo expect them to come in for him. Unsure on given though, he'll bring massive experience in for the defence but he'd be holding ingram and lumley back.

Comment

Way things are going it will be Joanna Lumley between the posts ...Good grief yes.

Comment

Are we really linked to him, cant believe it.

Comment

Given was good....5 years ago. Did he play with Les at Newcastle? If Smithies goes and Given comes in then it may show that Ingram is not rated too highly.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                Cant see smithies staying tbh, clubs have already started sniffing about and if hud go up i defo expect them to come in for him. Unsure on given though, he'll bring massive experience in for the defence but he'd be holding ingram and lumley back.
                He'd just be a short term stopgap while Ingram and Lumley gain a bit more experience. No biggie.

If we sign a gk of a similar age to what we already have then you'd have a valid point.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
                  He'd just be a short term stopgap while Ingram and Lumley gain a bit more experience. No biggie.

If we sign a gk of a similar age to what we already have then you'd have a valid point.
                  He could be if he managed to play well, my only issue is hes 41 now and has barely played for the past 5-6 years so could we even rely on him now?

Comment

That would be a massive kick in the ###### to Ingram. He's waited patiently he should be number 1 as soon as Smithies is gone and Lumley his understudy. No need to pay out wages to a past it player.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                      He could be if he managed to play well, my only issue is hes 41 now and has barely played for the past 5-6 years so could we even rely on him now?
                      Bloody hell, hadn't realised he's that old, although having said that im sure spurs had Brad Friedel as their number 1 at a similar age.

Wasn't he villas number 1 not so long ago? The year before they went down?
                      No idea what hes been up to since.

Comment

Are we really being linked with him or is it a jokey thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                          Are we really being linked with him or is it a jokey thread?
                          Haha you couldn't make it up mate.

Proper food bank shopping.

The bloke must be touching 80 years old.

May as well add on an extra 5p and sign seaman
                          nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

If Smithers goes we should use Ingram!!!!!!
                            Under Les Ferdinand:
                            Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                            Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                            Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                            Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                            And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

If Smithies goes we need a much more solid defence... Anyway at will be a very, very sad day when he leaves. I have sad it before and I say it again, I hate it when we sell our best players. In that resect, Austin`s departure was really hard to take.........
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Working...
                              X