I want to win the FA Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to win the FA Cup

I know it's unlikely to ever happen but from now on let's put strongest side out, put this awful fa cup record to bed and when we're in it try and get through every round

Our club deserves a proper cup run

2 FA Cup games won in 15 years - both replays.

Comment

Mate it doesn't matter what side we put out in the FA cup, we will never get further than round 4. We seem to be cursed lol.
      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
      Pawel Wszolek - 6
      Luke Freeman - 6
      Matt Smith - 6
      Ebere Eze - 4
      Joel Lynch - 3
      Tomer Hemed - 3
      Toni Leistner - 2
      Massimo Luongo- 2
      Angel Rangel - 2
      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
      Geoff Cameron - 1
      Aramide Oteh - 1
      Jake Bidwell - 1
      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Love westie but this is up there with signing defoe
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by The Optimist View Post
          2 FA Cup games won in 15 years - both replays.

I think it's 4 in 22 years - ALL replays !

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            I know it's unlikely to ever happen but from now on let's put strongest side out, put this awful fa cup record to bed and when we're in it try and get through every round

This, and when you look at some teams in recent years that have had a good run why not? Will be the only chance we'll get to play some top teams for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
              Love westie but this is up there with signing defoe
              On that basis why even bother entering in first place

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post

Totally agree and same with League Cup. Putting out weakened side is insult to club, competition and fans.

People say we will never win it and chances are we won't but have had a few Wembley finals over the years so why not go for it. Cup runs good for morale if nothing else.

Comment

look what it did for lincoln city this season , they won the league , took some big scalps and put a few bob in the coffers , football is about winning every game , play your best team every game and keep that winning mentality

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                    look what it did for lincoln city this season , they won the league , took some big scalps and put a few bob in the coffers , football is about winning every game , play your best team every game and keep that winning mentality
                    Precisely.

Comment

Good post

Although some try offering excuses there are none for having the worst FA Cup record in the league

Comment

The correlation between FA cup form and a slump in league form is not significant. Ask Naz ;) But we know better at QPR apparently.

Comment

I cant remember the exact stats but I'm sure we've got the worst record in FA Cup third round of ANY team ever and we're the worst team out every team that's played 10 or more games in the FA Cup this century. Absolutely staggers me how anyone bothers to pay and watch us in FA Cup. I think the main problem is it's played in the cold winter months and we always have a lot of nancy boys in our team who don't like it up 'em. As the old saying goes, "Up For the Cup!".... we just aren't I'm afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                            This, and when you look at some teams in recent years that have had a good run why not? Will be the only chance we'll get to play some top teams for a while.
                            Why not? Because both managers in charge and fans dont believe there is a chance and
                            thus, it doesnt happen.
                            I would love it if they would attempt to go as far as they can in the cup. If Lincoln & Millwall are capable and Wigan even winning it, then that is what this club should be trying to do (and it doesnt mean a league challenge has to suffer as a consequence).

Comment

1000% agree.
                              Winning ganes is habit forming, as is losing, so a manager has to make the choice of what he wants to achieve.

Comment

Working...
                              X