No announcement yet.

Bournemouth friendly to commemorate Stan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The whole point was to give Stan a benefit game, a game for him like a testimonial where he receives the money. This isn’t happening now as the silly fans who tried setting this up were too busy fighting each other on twitter harming the man’s name more then anything else.

Now the club are appeasing the fans who tried to set this up with a preseason friendly instead with added bolt ons by saying its “ For Stan” when essentiallay it’s just part of the first teams preseason build up and bunging Stan a few quid, I mean how much will he actually see?

Still, like I say, you can see what you want to see, I hope you are all very happy in your “ Everything at QPR is great bubble” but it’s all another spin job by the Spurs supporting media man and his mates.

Comment

Originally posted by JJB View Post
      The whole point was to give Stan a benefit game, a game for him like a testimonial where he receives the money. This isn’t happening now as the silly fans who tried setting this up were too busy fighting each other on twitter harming the man’s name more then anything else.

Now the club are appeasing the fans who tried to set this up with a preseason friendly instead with added bolt ons by saying its “ For Stan” when essentiallay it’s just part of the first teams preseason build up and bunging Stan a few quid, I mean how much will he actually see?

Still, like I say, you can see what you want to see, I hope you are all very happy in your “ Everything at QPR is great bubble” but it’s all another spin job by the Spurs supporting media man and his mates.
      Wow, that is a very jaundiced view.

Comment

Don't worry- the club are giving a % of any transfer that has travelled in your brother's car.

Comment

JJB ousting the spurs supporters from qpr

Comment

Have you actually read the article on the QPR website of have you just got yourself all worked up for the sake of it?

Its called the Stan Bowles benefit game when the club, "..will commemorate Stan Bowles' contribution to QPR"

Then it says:

"QPR’s net proceeds from all ticket sales will go towards a newly-launched ex-players’ foundation, of which Stan will be the first recipient.

The foundation, which will officially launch ahead of the pre-season fixture, is a charitable organisation that raises funds through public awareness and special events.

The monies raised by the foundation will go towards the medical assistance, physical and pastoral care, and other requirements of Stan, and over time other former QPR personnel, including managers, players and staff.

As it is a charity, monies raised via the ex-players’ foundation will be exempt from VAT and will also be eligible for Gift Aid."

Seems pretty good to me, plus they're actually setting up an organisation to help Stan and then any other people associated with the club.

Still, some people are never happy unless they're moaning are they JJB?

Comment

yeah I think the problem here is semantics.

If the club just said, right, THIS is the stan testimonial and Bournemouth are coming that would have been a much simpler and more direct message.

Its great that this is happening at all, but the word testimonial has more leverage. Just imo.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post

If the club just said, right, THIS is the stan testimonial and Bournemouth are coming that would have been a much simpler and more direct message.

Its great that this is happening at all, but the word testimonial has more leverage. Just imo.
                Yes but let's be honest, the club were never going to please everyone were they.

Comment

What the club is actually doing is setting up a fund scenario that will help other players too, such as Dave Thomas, who also has sadly got an ongoing situation. Really makes me angry that they are getting criticised for this and JJB it is you who is the joke fan not others. Seems to me you don't actually understand what is actually happening here but choose to criticise it anyway. It was high time the club did something for ex-players and managers and TF and Hoos have, so try applauding them instead on setting up ForeverR's and this new funding structure.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                    What the club is actually doing is setting up a fund scenario that will help other players too, such as Dave Thomas, who also has sadly got an ongoing situation. Really makes me angry that they are getting criticised for this and JJB it is you who is the joke fan not others. Seems to me you don't actually understand what is actually happening here but choose to criticise it anyway. It was high time the club did something for ex-players and managers and TF and Hoos have, so try applauding them instead on setting up ForeverR's and this new funding structure.
                    Agree with every word kit.

Some would rather have a testimonial which we couldn't have due to him not being with us long enough. Far better this way than one where a chunk of the proceeds get swallowed up in taxes etc.

Great news that we have started to do things for former players who haven't been paid millions.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                      Of course the fund is a good idea. But, for my money, if the gig was being sold as the Stan testimonial you'd get more bumsonseats, and the whole idea is maximising the take......

Comment

Well for one it wasn't what was proposed was it? Still if it humours the fans so be it and saves the face of the shambolic efforts of those clowns trying to get this sorted. Like I said joke club, joke fans, still I hope the 2K that go enjoy it.
                        If you hate it so much, fark off and support someone else then, simples.
                        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                        Pawel Wszolek - 6
                        Luke Freeman - 6
                        Matt Smith - 6
                        Ebere Eze - 4
                        Joel Lynch - 3
                        Tomer Hemed - 3
                        Toni Leistner - 2
                        Massimo Luongo- 2
                        Angel Rangel - 2
                        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                        Geoff Cameron - 1
                        Aramide Oteh - 1
                        Jake Bidwell - 1
                        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                          If you hate it so much, fark off and support someone else then, simples.

Comment

Of course the fund is a good idea. But, for my money, if the gig was being sold as the Stan testimonial you'd get more bumsonseats, and the whole idea is maximising the take......
                            Looks to me like it's being sold as a game for Stan. The big headline of "Stan Bowles Benefit Match" is the giveaway....

Comment

Hal, Stan can't have a testimonial because he never played enough games for the club. I'm surprised you didn't know that tbh. That's why the club are having to do it as a benefit match in order to raise funds for him.

Comment

when i was a nipper my old man was looking for the club shop to get me something for my birthday , he was lost and asked this fella the way. the bloke took him their, the staff told dad that was stan , top man didn't just point it out took time to show my dad , i'll be their

Comment

Working...
                                X