Chris Ramsey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Ramsey

I would like to congratulate Chris Ramsey on the work with the youth team. It won't be just one individual, there will be many others involved, but since TF (and Les?) took the decision to reinstate Ramsey in charge of the youth setup after his spell in the hot seat, we have seen numerous youngsters improve, and have individuals who might be good enough to have long professional careers. It has been some time since we have had numerous youngsters that other clubs want, and so I would like to thank Ramsey for the job he has been doing.

I agree. People rip on ramsay for being a les guy but its hardly like hes done a bad job, in fact i'd say hes done spectacular and i don't think anyone can argue that our current crop of youth players are the best for the past 20 years at least imo thats not a coincidence either

Comment

Originally posted by Southport View Post
      I would like to congratulate Chris Ramsey on the work with the youth team. It won't be just one individual, there will be many others involved, but since TF (and Les?) took the decision to reinstate Ramsey in charge of the youth setup after his spell in the hot seat, we have seen numerous youngsters improve, and have individuals who might be good enough to have long professional careers. It has been some time since we have had numerous youngsters that other clubs want, and so I would like to thank Ramsey for the job he has been doing.
      Well said that man

Comment

The mistake was taking Ramsey way too far out of his comfort zone by making him gaffer. Back on familiar ground he does a decent job.

Now all we need is a manager with the balls to bring the youngsters through in less than ten years.......

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
          The mistake was taking Ramsey way too far out of his comfort zone by making him gaffer. Back on familiar ground he does a decent job.

Now all we need is a manager with the balls to bring the youngsters through in less than ten years.......
          and supporters patient enough to give them a chance?

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
            and supporters patient enough to give them a chance?
            And there lies the problem - aint ever gonna happen
            #standuptocancer
            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

I'd say Holloway would bring through the youth. Whether he'll get the chance to before he is hounded out is another matter.
              Last edited by Shepherds Mush; 24-05-2017, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                I'd say Holloway would bring through the youth. Whether he'll get the chance to before he is hounded out is another matter.
                He wont play them, mark my words. Not his style. The boy Eze didn't get a look in even when we were playing what Ollie regarded as dead rubbers.

Re giving managers a chance. Our problem is that the board leave it too long to blow the whistle, and they offer extended contracts on spec. People go on about giving time, but these days there isn't much evidence that its a better strategy then change.

Comment

Originally posted by Southport View Post
                  it's what he gets paid for

Comment

Ramseyshamsey he's not turning sows ears into silk purses FFS give credit to the people or person that finds them

Comment

We're unbelievably lucky to have him. He's one of the most highly rated youth team coaches in the country - Pochettino must be thanking him for the work he did at Spurs. Finding good youth players isn't a problem, turning them into first team players is.

Comment

You'll never win anything with kids!

Comment

Originally posted by Marsh67 View Post
                          You'll never win anything with kids!
                          Especially when you send them to Port Vale instead of working with them yourself.

Comment

Working...
                          X