Hudds interested in smithies.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
    If you want any half decent recruits in the summer we need to sell him.

And according to most we're relegated anyway so what does it matter?
    Bur Smithies is so very crucial when it comes to buliding from the back. If we sell him we must start all over again..That is my worry.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
      Bur Smithies is so very crucial when it comes to buliding from the back. If we sell him we must start all over again..That is my worry.
      I completely agree with you! If we are to make good progress this season then we would need to keep Smithies and spend decent money in several positions to push for a top half/play off spot.

We don't have the funds for this though and Ingram is not a bad goalkeeper by any means, so if it means we sell Smithies and strengthen in other places we should. Plus if Smithies wants to be somewhere else, then not much point keeping him
      My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

OK? Who saved us this season, do you think?
        Washington and Lynch for scoring 2 goals against Forest.....

Comment

Of course we should try to keep Smithies but if a PL club bids good money for him he'll be off but then we are probably talking around 10 million quid due to his capacity and his new contract so not much to argue about. But, it is normally not due to the GK if a club get relegated of not, most of them in this league are absolutely good enough! If you are supposed to win something it is a different thing..

Comment

Whoever missed the 93rd minute penalty for Fulham.

Comment

Blackburn Wigan and Rotherham.

Comment

Originally posted by erikmata View Post
                I've been a goalkeeper for 20 years at least and from what I can see he is not even close to Ingram. I'd said he'll get sold or he'll sit on the bench if Smithies leaves.. I'm pretty sure the club will sell him if they get any bids good enough.
                Lumley?? Dunno, i think lumley is better than ingram tbh BUT either way i see both as championship keepers. Ingram reminds me a bit of paul robinson, nothing fancy just consistent but tbh i think we have more potential in lumley, hes from our academy and plays like smithies too

Comment

Imho I think Lumley is far to thin. 10 kg (20 pounds?) lighter than Ingram is like a ballerina trying to get into those corner and free kick air duels.. But, I also think consistent is good enough in this league.

Comment

Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
                    I completely agree with you! If we are to make good progress this season then we would need to keep Smithies and spend decent money in several positions to push for a top half/play off spot.

We don't have the funds for this though and Ingram is not a bad goalkeeper by any means, so if it means we sell Smithies and strengthen in other places we should. Plus if Smithies wants to be somewhere else, then not much point keeping him
                    I thought he had settled here now, but if not, i guess we should use the money and spend them wisely abroad. There are certainly gems to be find out there..
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                      Washington and Lynch for scoring 2 goals against Forest.....
                      Haha, in a way that`s true
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

new contract signed only protects us against losing him for peanuts. It probably has a clause in it to say he can leave if a Prem club offers near £10m

No one really knows how good Ingram is after less than a handful of games.

But IF Huddersfield get promoted and offer £8m AND drop their 20/25% sell on clause, I'd let him go.

We could buy another keeper for £1m and still have plenty to spend elsewhere on the squad.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post
                          But IF Huddersfield get promoted and offer £8m AND drop their 20/25% sell on clause, I'd let him go.
                          Agree with what you are saying but I can't think of many Championship keepers that have moved for more than £4-5m. Begovic was about £9m and he was an established PL keeper.

Comment

Working...
                          X