No announcement yet.

Josh Bowler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we should only be selling players if it massively favours us tbh, the more i think about it the more i think that selling bowler wouldn't be a good idea because all we have to do is keep ahold of him for a half a season/full season and see where he goes from there. no point in selling him for a million+future fees including sell on clause if hes a player with massive potential coz we can just nurture him a bit more before selling him for a larger fee in the future, 1m upfront isn't worth it imo which i guess is how much they're paying.

Comment

Out of interest how do some fans want us to make ends meet if it's not from selling players. Saw someone say should only sell rubbish players but who (apart from us)buys rubbish?

Owners want new stadium generate extra income fans say don't want move stay where we are.

Our outgoings are more then our income so selling players young or old addresses the gap. What would you prefer club does not pay bills club goes under and all young prospects move on for nothing at all

Comment

If we want to be a self sustanable club we have to sell players and generate extra income from whereever we can get it. Tony F want it that way now. It is sad to see them leave obviously..... But we have no other choice.
        Last edited by Shania; 28-05-2017, 05:11 PM.
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
          Better keep him and let go free next summer then?
          I think youth players still attract a compensation fee if they move on at the end of their contract... goes to an arbitration panel if the clubs can't agree how much

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            Out of interest how do some fans want us to make ends meet if it's not from selling players. Saw someone say should only sell rubbish players but who (apart from us)buys rubbish?

Owners want new stadium generate extra income fans say don't want move stay where we are.

Our outgoings are more then our income so selling players young or old addresses the gap. What would you prefer club does not pay bills club goes under and all young prospects move on for nothing at all

I mentioned about our rubbish players and why get rid of bowler! but we shouldnt have rubbish players on the books tbh, so as far as youth goes get rid of the lesser players if there not good enough, but keep hold of the good ones, for crying out loud whats a million quid going to do?! we`ve got rich owners, if they are prepared at all to put any money in then they should sell up! footballs not a profitable buisness mainly!
            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

He is as good as gone,that's the way it is here,always has,we delelope a player and sell him, no surprise

Comment

I agree whole heartedly about being smarter with what we bring in so we don't aquire #### and look to have better quality throughout the squad

I think realistically if we're honest a club of our size and resources every single player is up for sale and available if deal is right. I would say that applies to everyone in this league excluding perhaps three or four sides

Comment

No issue with us selling players as long as we get the best deal for the club and do our research when it comes to replacements.

Just look at Southampton as an example of a club that have established themselves in the prem but still follow that business model.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
                    No issue with us selling players as long as we get the best deal for the club and do our research when it comes to replacements.

Just look at Southampton as an example of a club that have established themselves in the prem but still follow that business model.
                    But do southampton get rid of the young promising players before theyve shown there good in their first team?! our first teams never good enough in depth as it is and no doubt even if all the money from him went into new players i very much doubt we`d be better off!

Comment

Common sense thing would be to keep him for a season or half and keep him in the first team squad if good enough! then sell him after that for abit more!

Comment

Or atleast stick ridiculas clauses in if he does well!

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                          But do southampton get rid of the young promising players before theyve shown there good in their first team?! our first teams never good enough in depth as it is and no doubt even if all the money from him went into new players i very much doubt we`d be better off!
                          Southampton are an established Premier League club with excellent facilities so have lots to tempt their youth to stay and develop.

Comment

Common sense thing would be to keep him for a season or half and keep him in the first team squad if good enough! then sell him after that for abit more!
                            Depends on how much we need to balance the books ultimately I expect...

Comment

Or atleast stick ridiculas clauses in if he does well!
                              I'm sure they will. We did alright out of Raheem Stirling and he never came near the first team. Bowler has at least played in our first team, albeit briefly.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                                He is as good as gone,that's the way it is here,always has,we delelope a player and sell him, no surprise
                                Except that we haven't developed any for years until this season. Shows we have some things right at least.

Comment

Working...
                                X