No announcement yet.

Josh Bowler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd only consider selling him for 3m and a 20% sell on clause, not much point otherwise

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
      i`m with you ,we should sell ALL our promising yougsters ,put the cash together and then buy one of John Terrys legs !
      Well, our most promising youngsters last 4-5 years has been Lumley, Balanta, Harriman, Andrade, Doughty, Hitchcock, Furlong, Greco-Cox, Kpekawa, Petrasso, Hamalainen, Bowley, Manning, Shopido. What a wonderful team that would be! Too bad we sold Sterling 2010. Should have kept him for two more years until he would have earned himself a free transfer to Liverpool. And too bad we sold Parrett. What a success he has been since - like all those other youngsters we have sold!
      At least Terry's leg would give you a decent wall pass.
      Last edited by Timmy the Doc; 25-05-2017, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
        Sell him ASAP! We have had dozens of these ''young promising players'' which people get sooo excited here but when we loan or sell them we never hear anything of them again.
        Just cos a players hardly got a look in somewhere else doesnt mean there shiite, its all about who the manager fancies but certainly doesnt mean cos someones not been played there not upto much!
        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
          In the current market, is it really our choice whether we keep them or not?

Such a gulf between the spending power of the top flight and the 2nd tier. And when you have legacy costs coming out of your ears from staged agent payments and pay-offs to various sacked staff etc. every player has their price!
          Like I said, keep them if we can. When now Everton is reported to come back With a second and improved offer I think that`s it and he will be off.. Sad state of affairs.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Arsenal competing with Everton to sign him now.
            Blimey, he must be promising

Comment

No doubt he'll sign for Everton then we'll see him on Match of the Day at some point next season with Lineker praising Everton's youth academy...

Comment

I have no idea how good he is. But let's not forget, Fulham thought he wasn't that good and we signed him and fans were saying "i cant believe we are getting Fulham rejects!" etc.

I can see why we would see someone for 3 million after 20 minutes of football. At the same time, I would like to see if he is good enough for our starting 11. I would rather he stayed out of the two, but I see the reason for both. I am surprised that we rejected 3 million though, I will be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post
                  I am surprised that we rejected 3 million though, I will be honest.

Not sure we rejected £3m.
                  I think we rejected their £500k rising to £3m with the suggestion we wanted more upfront.
                  Besides ALWAYS reject the 1st offer.

I suspect if they bid £1m upfront rising to £3m, we'll snatch their hands off.
                  Be interesting to see if Arsenal make a counter bid.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post
                    I think we rejected their £500k rising to £3m with the suggestion we wanted more upfront.

Wouldn't it be nice if we rejected all offers and then developed him to see his valuation climb to tens of millions so he's either part of the team getting promoted again or we make more money a few years later?

Chances are he'll spend the next 4-5 years in Everton/Arsenal's reserves anyway....

Comment

Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post

Pretty much how I see it!

Comment

Unless Bowler is demanding a move, I cannot see why we would sell a promising youngster for only £500k with add ons, which will only probably be paid if Everton winning the Champions League, rather than play him. At QPR we seem only to deal in Short term and have an overhaul every transfer window.

Comment

Originally posted by croxleyhoops View Post
                          Unless Bowler is demanding a move, I cannot see why we would sell a promising youngster for only £500k with add ons, which will only probably be paid if Everton winning the Champions League, rather than play him. At QPR we seem only to deal in Short term and have an overhaul every transfer window.
                          Better keep him and let go free next summer then?

Comment

Get him on a long term contract with the promise of first team action next season. If he's as good as these teams being in for him suggests, his value will only increase.

If he doesn't want a new deal, ship him off to Everton for a couple of million.

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar Jetman View Post
                              Wouldn't it be nice if we rejected all offers and then developed him to see his valuation climb to tens of millions so he's either part of the team getting promoted again or we make more money a few years later?

Chances are he'll spend the next 4-5 years in Everton/Arsenal's reserves anyway....
                              This! build them up more playing in our first team and get something going, also lets other youngsters know they can get a chance here, plus with a few we`ll make more money in the long term!
                              http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Wonder if the Club were aware of interest in Bowler which could explain his 'debut' at Norwich. Think that if compensation panel gets involved it takes many factors into account if there is a fee dispute for players under 24 including whether they have played for the first team. If correct the timing could explain the debut and the fact we had one eye on the potential for increasing any fee....Would also suggest the Club could be paving the way to sell at the right price which possibly reinforces the view we are now well and truly a selling club.
                                Would be great to think we could see young talent retained and developed but the reality is likely to be different. Suspect he will go and during the Summer a few more will follow to raise whatever budget Uncle provides Holloway with.

Comment

Working...
                                X