Josh Bowler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
    If the club and the fans are serious about being successful, young and promising players should be kept and be giving all the help to make it and help the club along the way. Why all the moan and insults on this site if we are in such a hurry to get rid of the best prospects? No, we should built the club on these youngsters. They can help the club move forward AND then can sell for significant amounts.

By West London Sport 23/05/2017

Everton are planning to improve their offer for QPR youngster Josh Bowler, the Mirror reckon.

West London Sport revealed on Tuesday that Rangers had rejected an offer from Everton for the 18-year-old winger.

The Mirror say Everton are prepared to offer more and that Rangers are battling to hold on to the player.
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Hope we battle them up to 600K then we can get Jonson Clarke Harris

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        We will benefit mate as money club generates itself it can reinvest. Rich owners but skint club due to ffp
        Exactly, these fop rules are holding this club back. I think they need to look at the rules again.

Comment

Isn't it a bit odd that we sell a promising youngster to a big club for only enough money to buy an average player? I say average because i've no idea who we'd buy with that money, but 500-600k doesn't buy much unless you're lucky, or have great scouts.

I get selling Bowler, but is he even any good? If he is surely, SURELY is this not what we are after? A young, hungry team? I have never seen him play and infact don't even know which wing he plays on. But if he's been scouted by Everton, surely he has something about him, and we should have seen him on the pitch by now? Especially in our tinkering sessions.

We are always going to sell our best players to better clubs, but it should always be after getting something out of them, not just developing them in the U21's. If only because we can sell a proven player for so much more.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
            Isn't it a bit odd that we sell a promising youngster to a big club for only enough money to buy an average player?

I get selling Bowler, but is he even any good?
            Answered your own question there

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
              If he's that good get him in the team not sell him.
              This 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                Ok so we get rid of a real promising youngster and bring a gladwin dud type in! then what? we will of really lost out then, need to keep hold of these youngsters & then hopefully theyll really come on and be worth alot more if they do well!
                I actually agree with you on this and the point of showing that good youngsters can develop at QPR, then the club can start to attract more promising schoolboys to sign up.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                  Answered your own question there
                  Really? I don't understand my answer then.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                    Gladwin was a real promising youngster or was I imagining all the excitement when he joined?

There are no guarantees with kids or any player for the record
                    As I recall it some of us were questioning signing him and others from League 1.

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post
                      I assume you went to norwich too west. We were abysmal and the kid did ok in 15 mins personally id prefer to keep the lad but play him as 1 million is fa now and if we need 1 mill that bad were in deep pony and in a proper mess deeper than we thought. Or its paper trash abd got sod all else to do
                      I agree that if £1M is needed that much then we should be expecting the club to go into Administration this coming season.

Comment

Sell him ASAP! We have had dozens of these ''young promising players'' which people get sooo excited here but when we loan or sell them we never hear anything of them again.
                        Last edited by Timmy the Doc; 24-05-2017, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                          Sell him ASAP! We have had dozens of these ''young promising players'' which people get sooo excited here but when we loan or sell them we never hear anything of them again.
                          i`m with you ,we should sell ALL our promising yougsters ,put the cash together and then buy one of John Terrys legs !
                          Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                            i`m with you ,we should sell ALL our promising yougsters ,put the cash together and then buy one of John Terrys legs !
                            Can we then have a whip round to buy the second leg - they would burn so much better as a pair
                            #standuptocancer
                            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Why sell him? Shodipo is suffering from a quite bad injury. The youngsters are our future. Keep them if we can.
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                                Why sell him? Shodipo is suffering from a quite bad injury. The youngsters are our future. Keep them if we can.
                                In the current market, is it really our choice whether we keep them or not?

Such a gulf between the spending power of the top flight and the 2nd tier. And when you have legacy costs coming out of your ears from staged agent payments and pay-offs to various sacked staff etc. every player has their price!

Comment

Working...
                                X