Cyclists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyclists

How does one attempt to start a petition on cyclists paying tax to ride on the roads? They also need to pay for regular mot and insurance. Make these people identifiable with registration too ,if they want to ride on the streets In todays London ,bikes are for parks .i drive a van but wouldn't have a tear up with a lorry , know your place cyclists!!
    Ooh northern lads love gravy

they're a menace van , they cause accidents then do one

Comment

From head to toe they look like tw@ts and act like it too.
      I looked up online the other day whether it was legal for them to ride side by side on the road while they can chat about which herbal tea they prefer and suchlike.
      It's not illegal but apparently the Highway Code says they shouldn't do it on narrow or busy roads.
      That's about 99.9% of roads in London so get back in line you irritating little pri€ks.
      “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
      Will Danaher

Comment

What drives me nuts about cyclists is when they are unaware. It's not only unsafe for them, it's unsafe for all of us. Riding with headphones on, for example. As a motorbike rider, driver and cyclist I see all sides of this. Every single day I see car drivers using their mobile phones, texting, talking, not looking where they're going. I've ridden past a woman putting her makeup on while driving who was veering across the road, I've seen people watching videos on their phones. I see car drivers jump traffic lights every single day. Car drivers especially just don't look properly. If I wasn't hyper aware when I ride, I'd be dead by now. When I was younger I was hit by a car who turned right in front of me without looking. I went over the top, landed on my back and really ####ed it. Lucky not to be paralysed. 5 years ago I had a car driver 'door' me without looking when I was on my push bike. Very lucky not to break my leg, but I could hardly walk for weeks and my leg was numb for 4 years.

The point is, people in general act like tw@ts on the road. Bike riders are no exception. They ride through red lights with impunity, and like Itso says, often think it's fine to ride two abreast on narrow roads and give you abuse if you beep them. Riding on pavements is maybe my biggest bugbear. I don't mind kids doing it, but grown men is totally out of order.

The tax issue Van raise is not an issue, since no car drivers pay actual road tax. They pay a road fund licence, which is a tax on your car, it does not go towards the roads. Everyone's tax goes towards the roads. However the issue of insurance is an interesting one, since if they cause an accident, they are nearly always not covered for the liability.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
          What drives me nuts about cyclists is when they are unaware. It's not only unsafe for them, it's unsafe for all of us. Riding with headphones on, for example. As a motorbike rider, driver and cyclist I see all sides of this. Every single day I see car drivers using their mobile phones, texting, talking, not looking where they're going. I've ridden past a woman putting her makeup on while driving who was veering across the road, I've seen people watching videos on their phones. I see car drivers jump traffic lights every single day. Car drivers especially just don't look properly. If I wasn't hyper aware when I ride, I'd be dead by now. When I was younger I was hit by a car who turned right in front of me without looking. I went over the top, landed on my back and really ####ed it. Lucky not to be paralysed. 5 years ago I had a car driver 'door' me without looking when I was on my push bike. Very lucky not to break my leg, but I could hardly walk for weeks and my leg was numb for 4 years.

The point is, people in general act like tw@ts on the road. Bike riders are no exception. They ride through red lights with impunity, and like Itso says, often think it's fine to ride two abreast on narrow roads and give you abuse if you beep them. Riding on pavements is maybe my biggest bugbear. I don't mind kids doing it, but grown men is totally out of order.

The tax issue Van raise is not an issue, since no car drivers pay actual road tax. They pay a road fund licence, which is a tax on your car, it does not go towards the roads. Everyone's tax goes towards the roads. However the issue of insurance is an interesting one, since if they cause an accident, they are nearly always not covered for the liability.
          Or registration Hubs ? If one chooses to endanger their life by cycling with lorries that's up to them. Don't start crying when another one dies is my view. These cyclists need to be identified and made to pay or stay in the park.
          Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Totally agree Vanny, I work in Cambridge and its a miracle that there isn't someone killed every day. Always arguing with work colleagues who bike to work, think they have a gods given right to cycle where they want.

Tax them, insure them, make them where helmets, stop them riding 2 or more abreast
            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

swarms of em in richmond park , when u beep them they get the hump

Comment

My son and I got knocked down by a ##### cyclist on the pavement, when I went into rage mode against him he then wondered why and the cheek of it he tried to cycle of still on the pavement before I stopped that.

Comment

Like Hubs said there are bad cyclists, motor cyclists, car drivers, van drivers, lorry drivers. What does give me the zig is that plenty of cyclists don't have any lights on their bikes or wear any reflective clothing which is a must IMO due to the fact that they will come second in any collision.

Comment

Originally posted by UpperP View Post
                    Like Hubs said there are bad cyclists, motor cyclists, car drivers, van drivers, lorry drivers. What does give me the zig is that plenty of cyclists don't have any lights on their bikes or wear any reflective clothing which is a must IMO due to the fact that they will come second in any collision.
                    it's called being thick

Comment

Working...
                    X