Ollie - wait and see

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ollie - wait and see

The fact is, we don't know what Ollie will achieve next term. We can extrapolate from last season, we can look at his track record, and we can come to wildly different conclusions (as this site has proved), but none of us (I don't think) has a crystal ball.

So we have no choice but to wait and see. We can complain all we like, but it won't make a jot of difference. And I think we've griped enough, haven't we? Personally I'm done griping. I have to admit, despite my head telling me otherwise, I can't resist a smidgeon of optimism for next season and the hope (fools hope maybe) that Ollie may just deliver on his mouthy promises. The reason for this glimmer of optimism is that winning run where we played with determination and style and turned over teams home and away. Newcastle and Reading away were two highlights that showed Ollie at his best, the right team, the right formation, the right tactics.... What's to say he can't do this next season, but this time, with consistency. We have to accept, it's a possibility.

So what's the point of this post? Enjoy your summer, and worry about next season when it happens.

Well said Hubbs.
    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
    Work Best When Open...
    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

fair play in your optimism, Personally i think he's going to be the 1st manager out next season

Comment

Couldn't agree more with the op

Comment

Just the way I felt when approaching the ground on matchdays. Unfortunately the walk back was very rarely the same.

Comment

Well said hubbs and exactly how it is! but youll get the question "what makes you think he can do well?" lol every time!
            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Yeah fkn stella oioi

Comment

He will take us down. Ollie the Iceberg.

Comment

We know exactly what Ollie will achieve next season.
                  He will achieve what he came so close to achieving this season.
                  We are about to come full circle with Ollie.
                  Return to whence we came when he took over previously - the third tier.
                  The club, its staff and players, have changed a lot since then, and not necessarily for the better.
                  Yet he hasn't. This is a glaring mismatch - sadly.
                  I like Ollie more than I do QPR today.
                  The wheel may be turning, but the hamster is gone.
                  Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                  but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                  http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                    The fact is, we don't know what Ollie will achieve next term. We can extrapolate from last season, we can look at his track record, and we can come to wildly different conclusions (as this site has proved), but none of us (I don't think) has a crystal ball.

So we have no choice but to wait and see. We can complain all we like, but it won't make a jot of difference. And I think we've griped enough, haven't we? Personally I'm done griping. I have to admit, despite my head telling me otherwise, I can't resist a smidgeon of optimism for next season and the hope (fools hope maybe) that Ollie may just deliver on his mouthy promises. The reason for this glimmer of optimism is that winning run where we played with determination and style and turned over teams home and away. Newcastle and Reading away were two highlights that showed Ollie at his best, the right team, the right formation, the right tactics.... What's to say he can't do this next season, but this time, with consistency. We have to accept, it's a possibility.

So what's the point of this post? Enjoy your summer, and worry about next season when it happens.
                    Because he isn't consistent and never has been, so why we should expect any change next season in his style of management?

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                      no choice
                      We don't have a choice but the board do. Unfortunately they still appear to have learned absolutely nothing about running a modern football club. Our record under uncle is abysmal by any standard given the level of expenditure, and instead of finding a median he's now gone totally reactive which is why we eneded up with Ollie in the first place.

Comment

Ollie at his best, the right team, the right formation, the right tactics.... What's to say he can't do this next season, but this time, with consistency. We have to accept, it's a possibility.

Then we also have to accept that the FA cup could be sitting in our trophy room next year too.
                        That's also possible but lets face it both outcomes have the same odds - nil.

The only thing Holloway is consistent in is being inconsistent.

Next year will pan out exactly the way his last 30 games did. We all know it but some choose to believe / hope otherwise.
                        Fair play for your optimism but it is just that - optimism.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                          We know exactly what Ollie will achieve next season.
                          He will achieve what he came so close to achieving this season.
                          We are about to come full circle with Ollie.
                          Return to whence we came when he took over previously - the third tier.
                          The club, its staff and players, have changed a lot since then, and not necessarily for the better.
                          Yet he hasn't. This is a glaring mismatch - sadly.
                          I like Ollie more than I do QPR today.
                          The wheel may be turning, but the hamster is gone.
                          Thank goodness for that

Comment

I'm done griping aswell. I just want him out.

Comment

I wished I lived in a bubble with the Hubble. You don't need a crystal ball to see how this is going to pan out.

Comment

Working...
                              X