Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clive Wilson Rangers hero number 2

Especially for Lymes

For me Will is the best left back I have ever seen st the club. Could comfortably play the wing back role before his time and honestly cannot remember any winger getting better of him. Love willo always knew you would get 8/10 performance

Abd that pen agsinst Millwall how cool was he

cheers West. I'll always maintain Clive was as big a loss to us as Les, when he left for Spurs. He started his career (if my memory is correct) as a winger at Man. City. But as Moses at Chelsea is discovering, was a brilliant attacking full back. Wouldn't hesitate putting him in my all time best QPR team
    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
    This morning's tempest I have to cross
    I must be guided without a stumble
    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
      cheers West. I'll always maintain Clive was as big a loss to us as Les, when he left for Spurs.
      Agreed, losing Clive Wilson was massive for us , a big contributory factor (that , losing Les ,and Wilkins playing himself instead of Simon Osbourne )in our relegation .We had such a good team in the early 90s ,its amazing how it all turned to s hit in no time at all.
      Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

From memory he was not half as good at Spurs as he was for us

We had Brevitt in reserve who was solid enough.

Did Willo not go on a free???

Comment

The penalty against Millwall will always be a great memory.
          I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

If Wilson had stayed we'd have stayed up that season. I think Gallen and Allen were taking penalties that season and both missed at least one each - Wilson would have scored. He was great from the spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Westway View Post
              If Wilson had stayed we'd have stayed up that season. I think Gallen and Allen were taking penalties that season and both missed at least one each - Wilson would have scored. He was great from the spot.
              Wilson was extremely good but our fate was sealed when we sold sir Les and Wilkins probably pissed thought tim breacker was world class, fact
              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

the club was destroyed by ray wilkins the worst manager to ever manage us
                Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Didnt help when the ref played an hour an a half injury time against Man U at home , never ever saw a Rangers crowd turn so nasty after that game
                  Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                    Didnt help when the ref played an hour an a half injury time against Man U at home , never ever saw a Rangers crowd turn so nasty after that game
                    Sent us down that carnt.

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                      After the game, we walked down Batman Close from SAR, one of the flats on the ground floor had Man U fans living in it, they came out giving it large, much to their regret, they got slaughtered.
                      I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
                        After the game, we walked down Batman Close from SAR, one of the flats on the ground floor had Man U fans living in it, they came out giving it large, much to their regret, they got slaughtered.
                        I came out of the upper loft. I wondered who was getting a slap!
                        Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Working...
                        X