Paul Parker Rangers Hero number 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Parker Rangers Hero number 1

He was on TS last night doing his story for an hour. Was really interesting and QPR got loads of comments worth a listen for anyone who watched Paul

Only 5ft 7 but played most career at CB bossing bigger guys. My lasting memory of him was just how quick he was across the ground we used to call him the choo cbhoo train as a kid

Any memories from others

Given its closed season we should each week flag up couple of former players and reminisce

superb player, makes it all the more sad the standard we are forced to watch today (make the next player Clive Wilson, could eulogize about him for ever)
    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
    This morning's tempest I have to cross
    I must be guided without a stumble
    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

He bossed Graham Sharp, Everton's centre forward to the extent they took him off as a result.
      I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

It was his ability in the air that was amazing. So quick too. Never liked him at right back. We had some great centre halves around then e.g. Danny Maddix and Alan McDonald.

Comment

Paul scoring the last goal when we done Luton 6.1 in 90 , really rounded off a top day
          Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by Chopper View Post
            Never liked him at right back..
            Neither did I. I thought centre half was his position.

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
              Paul scoring the last goal when we done Luton 6.1 in 90 , really rounded off a top day
              Back in the day my dad had a collection of season review video tapes that i would watch as a little kid and that moment/game was always a standout for me. "He's brought the house down with that one" was what the commentator came out with in surprise at seeing him score.

Another standout moment, but for negative reasons, was a calton palmer inspired mauling.

Comment

remember him being comfortable on the ball a player you could trust , i stopped coming to games for 12 years so didn't see much of him only on tv

Comment

A very assured defender, one of the best we have had
                  I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Loved the fact PP bigged us up in the media ,said we were a " proper " club compared to fulham ,how right he was ...

Comment

For future weeks Westie ,can i put in requests for John Burridge and good old Johnny Byrne ?

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                        For future weeks Westie ,can i put in requests for John Burridge and good old Johnny Byrne ?

I will never forget Budgie's world class save at Charlton in 81, a thread on him would be great.

We won 2-1 by the way.
                        Last edited by cross it Dave; 22-05-2017, 05:42 PM.
                        I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Budgie was the nutz.
                          Also would like to see Fenwick given a mention.
                          Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                          Work Best When Open...
                          @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Working...
                          X