Last years match stats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last years match stats

Fed up of reading on here how Holloway is gonna turn it all around next year.
    How he was making all those team changes as some sort of master plan like he actually knew what he was doing (ha ha).

What amazes me the most is how JFH was coated off by nearly everyone on here for producing boring, unwatchable, drossball yet it produced solid mid table football.
    Whereas under Holloway's entertaining football, with flair and attacking intent we have gone from an average mid table team to relegation fodder within a few months with no sign of any potential improvement.

I'm not a JFH fan, I was as glad to see him go as everyone else. I just don't buy into the ridiculous, unjustified Olly love fest that some on here subscribe to.

Looking back at the actual game stats shows how poor we became under Holloway.

Games

JFH was in charge for 16 games which I believe is a reasonable number of games to judge how a team is doing.
    Olly was in charge for 30 games which again is long enough and incorporates a transfer window.

JFH won 5, drew 5 and lost 6. About as average as you could get.
    Olly won 10, drew 3 and lost 17.

Putting that as percentages

JFH W - 31.25%
    D - 31.25%
    L - 37.5%

Olly W - 33.3%
    D - 9.99%
    L - 56.66%

Goals Scored

Jfh drossball produced 17 goals in 16 games which is a goals per game ratio of 1.06pg

Olly's entertaining football produced 35 goals in 30 games which is 1.16pg

So for all the extra entertainment and attacking intent Olly gets us one extra goal in every ten games played!

Goals Conceded

JFH - 22 conceded in 16 games is 1.37pg

Olly - 44 conceded in 30 games is 1.46pg

Both very much the same which points to a poor defense despite arguably the best keeper in the League.

Clean Sheets

JFH - 4 in 16 which is 25%

Olly - 3 in 30 which is 10%

Although pretty much the same ratio of goals conceded JFH could at least organize the defense enough to keep 1 clean sheet in 4 which is a reasonable return. Holloway managed 1 in 10 which is poor whichever way you look at it.

Points Per Game

JFH - 1.25 points per game

Olly - 1.1 points per game

Just to put that into perspective, under Holloway's entertaining football, 1.1 points pg gives you 50.6 points in a 46 game season.
    Which this year would have got us relegated

JFH with 1.25 ppg would get 57.5 points over 46 games, which would have been 16th place this season.

Probably the most damning stat of the lot is the amount of games lost under Holloway - a whopping 56.6%
    Very difficult to get any consistency going or improve team confidence and morale with such a huge amount of defeats.

Like I said at the beginning, this post isn't to big up JFH but to point out that under Holloway we have gone backwards in my opinion.

Holloway produced poorer results with an arguably better squad after the transfer window with 7 defeats in the last 8 games indefensible.

I just don't get why some on here are so blind and unable to see that the direction we are heading under Olly is not of an upward direction.
    If JFH was considered to be so bad that nearly everyone on here wanted him gone, then the support Olly gets from some just doesn't make sense when we are clearly a poorer side with him in charge.

Talking rubbish in interviews, with ridiculous team changes and tactics shows Olly for the buffoon he is and no amount of chest beating and bigging up the club as a whole will change that.

In fact if he had any respect for us or the club he would walk cos lets face it uncle Tone never pulls the trigger at the right time.

Originally posted by rodman View Post
    How he was making all those team changes as some sort of master plan like he actually knew what he was doing (ha ha).

What amazes me the most is how JFH was coated off by nearly everyone on here for producing boring, unwatchable, drossball yet it produced solid mid table football.
    Whereas under Holloway's entertaining football, with flair and attacking intent we have gone from an average mid table team to relegation fodder within a few months with no sign of any potential improvement.

I'm not a JFH fan, I was as glad to see him go as everyone else. I just don't buy into the ridiculous, unjustified Olly love fest that some on here subscribe to.

Games

JFH was in charge for 16 games which I believe is a reasonable number of games to judge how a team is doing.
    Olly was in charge for 30 games which again is long enough and incorporates a transfer window.

JFH W - 31.25%
    D - 31.25%
    L - 37.5%

Olly W - 33.3%
    D - 9.99%
    L - 56.66%

Goals Scored

Jfh drossball produced 17 goals in 16 games which is a goals per game ratio of 1.06pg

So for all the extra entertainment and attacking intent Olly gets us one extra goal in every ten games played!

Goals Conceded

Both very much the same which points to a poor defense despite arguably the best keeper in the League.

Clean Sheets

Although pretty much the same ratio of goals conceded JFH could at least organize the defense enough to keep 1 clean sheet in 4 which is a reasonable return. Holloway managed 1 in 10 which is poor whichever way you look at it.

Points Per Game

Just to put that into perspective, under Holloway's entertaining football, 1.1 points pg gives you 50.6 points in a 46 game season.

JFH with 1.25 ppg would get 57.5 points over 46 games, which would have been 16th place this season.

Probably the most damning stat of the lot is the amount of games lost under Holloway - a whopping 56.6%
    Very difficult to get any consistency going or improve team confidence and morale with such a huge amount of defeats.

Like I said at the beginning, this post isn't to big up JFH but to point out that under Holloway we have gone backwards in my opinion.

Holloway produced poorer results with an arguably better squad after the transfer window with 7 defeats in the last 8 games indefensible.

I just don't get why some on here are so blind and unable to see that the direction we are heading under Olly is not of an upward direction.
    If JFH was considered to be so bad that nearly everyone on here wanted him gone, then the support Olly gets from some just doesn't make sense when we are clearly a poorer side with him in charge.

Talking rubbish in interviews, with ridiculous team changes and tactics shows Olly for the buffoon he is and no amount of chest beating and bigging up the club as a whole will change that.

In fact if he had any respect for us or the club he would walk cos lets face it uncle Tone never pulls the trigger at the right time.
    Fair play to you to take the time to point out the facts and figures, I'm by far from being a fan of either of them as managers one was boring the others clueless, fair play to those who think ollie is a messiah i think he's a bloke who care about qpr but in my opinion ollie got a better squad together than JFH but got worse results, yeah he seem to get washington scoring but then comes up with cobblers excuses about us needing to lower expectations and be like other clubs. Stuff being like other clubs i.e. southampton we've had bournemouth now were brentford, why not TF stick your head on the line and get other clubs to be like QPR i aint a bees fan bournemouth etc I'm Rs till i die i don't aspire to win PL year in year out but i expect the club to do the best it can and appear to be trying to do the best it can not fumble out a tweet after a win. As I've posted before i aint renewed this season on the basis that 5 of us that go just aint enjoying it so were all buggering of to mexico instead and going to away games instead and having weekends away once a month.

Comment

Games

JFH W - 31.25%
      D - 31.25%
      L - 37.5%

Olly W - 33.3%
      D - 9.99%
      L - 56.66%

Goals Scored

Goals Conceded

Clean Sheets

Points Per Game

Agree 100% on us having gone backwards under Ollie. Has been an appalling appointment.

Would say though that after winning first two games JFH's stats were 3-5-6. That's what worried me about him. We were getting worse and that was what did it for me as opposed to the boring football.

Overall neither appointment has worked. The last 8 games showed to me things getting worse under Ollie as opposed to stabilising or getting better so, as with JFH, should go. Is just nowhere near good enough.

To place it in context had we appointed a good, or even average, Championship manager I think we would have been comfortable mid-table and maybe even top 10.

Comment

Games

JFH W - 31.25%
        D - 31.25%
        L - 37.5%

Olly W - 33.3%
        D - 9.99%
        L - 56.66%

Goals Scored

Goals Conceded

Clean Sheets

Points Per Game

Excellent post and as they say you can't argue with the facts.

Problem, as you point out, is some of our fans as so deluded they just ignore the obvious. The real problem is not Holloway going, as he will be gone early next season, it's the damage giving him a pre-season and a transfer window does. We may not recover and be back in league one, when no doubt his deluded fan club will come up with ecuses and then bugger off to Support another club.

Comment

Originally posted by rickyranger View Post
          Excellent post and as they say you can't argue with the facts.

Problem, as you point out, is some of our fans as so deluded they just ignore the obvious. The real problem is not Holloway going, as he will be gone early next season, it's the damage giving him a pre-season and a transfer window does. We may not recover and be back in league one, when no doubt his deluded fan club will come up with ecuses and then bugger off to Support another club.
          Seems all agree so far on here that ollie isn't the answer, and as previously said cant see him lasting long into september either, trouble is we just seem to buy a bigger spade to dig a bigger hole, Warnock would not of finished anywhere near the bottom 6 with this squad.

Comment

Fingers crossed for you all!
            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Worse situ rod if do well youll not be posting again until theres a big down turn
              http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

the thing that i find interesting is the margins of wins/defeats...

in terms of our 15 wins, 10 were by a single goal (2 for jfh - the first 2 games of the season and 3 for ih). weirdly only 7 of our 23 defeats were by more than 1 goal (jfh 3, ih 4), meaning that there was no more than a goal difference in 34 of 46 games (10 wins, 8 draws and 16 defeats). to some extent that indicates that with minor improvements in both attack and defence (plus maybe a bit of luck), we could turn draws into wins and defeats into draws and push up the table quickly - the other side of the coin is that minor worsening... had just one win been a draw, then we'd have gone down.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                  Worse situ rod if do well youll not be posting again until theres a big down turn
                  Made me chuckle!

What the stats also show is that if Olly is still here and we are doing well then you will be the first to dig out posts like this and remind us of it.

Comment

But everyone was screaming for JFH to get the sack because the football we were dishing out bored everyone to death. We either want slow steady progress and put up with some dull football, hope we get better over a season or we change again and opt for the so called fans favourite. In the hope all will suddenly work out well.

As the saying goes 'you can't have your cake and eat it'

Personally I think if we had Pep, Jose, Sir Alf and Sir Alex all working together we wouldn't have done much better last season
                    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                      But everyone was screaming for JFH to get the sack because the football we were dishing out bored everyone to death. We either want slow steady progress and put up with some dull football, hope we get better over a season or we change again and opt for the so called fans favourite. In the hope all will suddenly work out well.

As the saying goes 'you can't have your cake and eat it'

Personally I think if we had Pep, Jose, Sir Alf and Sir Alex all working together we wouldn't have done much better last season
                      so, it was all about a choice between drossball or puntball.

we are a club that is now at the bottom of a barrel.

hollowhead or drossball for christ sake.
                      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post

Exactly lol...

People act like Holloway was the only option. There were plenty of others.

Comment

Christ !!

No idea how you make it through the day.

Comment

Originally posted by bradrangers View Post
                            Exactly lol...

People act like Holloway was the only option. There were plenty of others.
                            Great OP and you are both correct imo. There were other choices but their names and contact details are not in Les's address book of players he played with or against who ate now managing or coaching, therefore he doesn't know them.
                            He would never find QPR a Wagner or Jokanovic.

Comment

its obvious those stats are woeful under holloway and I cant understand why he aint had the chop tbh
                              what we dont want is a poor start next season and giving him the boot after a handful of games then get a someone in to try and save us again
                              R's

Comment

Working...
                              X