Dennis wise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vespa View Post
    Have to admit i dont remember us taking anything like 4000 in the days they were getting 16000 odd , we took more like 1000 /1200 and used to get proper picked off in the streets outside . We did take 3 or 4000 in the last season that the old North Stand Away end was terracing ,and didnt do too bad outside either ,but their crowds had significantly gone up by then . Thats how i remember it anyway.
    Was that game when we lost one nil think Jan let a soft one into cascarino?? If so very lively outside was like agincourt

Comment

Horrible fans, loads of wannabe hooligans in 70's and 80's, the problem was the huge numbers they carried, they did and still do have some serious chaps who despised the "shed boys" who ran about smashing up high streets up and down the country but they don't have the thousands of wannabe hooligans anymore they have been replaced with thousands of glory hunters.
      They took over loftus road every season and done a fair bit of damage, total morons.
      I am friends with one of their "faces" from 70's as worked together after leaving school, he hated the hooligan hangers on and hates the current glory hunters even more, blames them for the price of tickets at Chelsea as they have priced out alot of fans. I take the Mickey out out him know as rangers go there and do what they like!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
        Well before my time, I'm 31 now and started going to QPR in 95/96 was just a kid then! Was really referring to the kids in my area and mates.
        Ah, with you . To be fair i dont remember any agg away from match days with them either , you had to be much higher up the ( hooligan ) food chain than we ever were to have it brought to your door.
        Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          Was that game when we lost one nil think Jan let a soft one into cascarino?? If so very lively outside was like agincourt
          To be fair West ive no recognition of the score (,i know we didnt win ) but i could probably tell you what trainers i was wearing !
          Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Chelsea of today shouldnt really count as an English Club, but what a team they had when wilkins, Osgood, Mike Droy, Alan Hudson and Steve Wicks played for them
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

I'm 58 now so remember all the run ins with the scum in the 70s and 80s, as previous posters say always used their numbers to attack easy targets, different now I was in the home end when SWP scored at the bridge, had no second thoughts about celebrating, just got a few dirty looks, back in the day don't think i would have got out alive, ps my brother was an R until 1970 then became one of the early day glory hunters!

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                Just out of curiosity where does the hate for chelsea come from? (Serious question to all so don't bash!!) I'm only 24 and the majority of my family are chelsea supporters, heck i was until i was about 10 or 11, not too fussed about them now but i do like my granddads glow when they win
                I'm 26 but can't farking stand them. Obviously too young to have experienced a lot of the above reasons stated stemming from the 70s / 80s, but for me it is their fanbase. Bunch of clowns that give it large, most of them have never been to a game, all claim they "had a season ticket before, but now it's too expensive" (fark me there must have been 150,000 season ticket holders in the late 90s). Proper sc.ummy club, summed up by their adoration of that carnt Terry.
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

well

in 67-68 qpr fans like me were caught up in the rise of skinheadism,we flocked to chelseas shed end only man utd in england could match there numbers and chelsea filling train loads of skins iknvaded the whole of england and pretty soon everybody was running scared
                  the origional shed was made up of mostly chelsea with a massive millwall input of about three hundred,and i promise you they were terryfying at the qpr v chelsea mike keen testimonial they promised us not to be frightened as it was supposed to be friendly,that day many qpr fans were badly beaten up and the hate was started
                  for me as a greenford geezer there was nothing i could do the whole of greenford was 99 per cent chelsea,but of course northolt was a differant kettle of fish a massive overload from acton westbourne park paddington shepards bush ladbroke grove meant all the children were qpr
                  we launched our own skinhead movement which started out at about thirty geezers,that grew to just over a hundred by the early eighties and finally now by the early eighties qpr had a mob of about five hundred that would stand againt the scum at loftus road
                  but what has already been spoken about,chelsea had done murders against little ol qpr
                  SO THATS WHERE THE HATRED HAS COME FROM,THEY BULLIED US UP UNTILL 1974 WHEN A NORTHOLT CO ALITION WITH WEST HAM LED BY MYSELF TOOK THE CHELSEAS SHED THAT WAS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE
                  Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Simple. Bunch of racist bullies.
                    Remember an early 80s game at the Bridge when I was in their seats with my m8 and his dad who supported them.
                    That was the first time I saw Rangers finally say enough is enough and invaded their bench section across from us (I think that was the season the electrified fence was taken down), to say they were caught of guard was an understatement.
                    Season before that, I was at theirs for a WHU game when a bunch of WHU skins in Crombies took over the shed, their main lot melted.
                    By my mid teens I found myself constantly bumping into them away from match days, the hatred was crazy.
                    Vesps, I'm guessing Stan Smith's or Diadora
                    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                    Work Best When Open...
                    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                      To be fair West ive no recognition of the score (,i know we didnt win ) but i could probably tell you what trainers i was wearing !
                      Proper tart in your day vesps lol
                      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

During the 80's there were more copies of far right literature sold outside stamfod bridge on a matchday than matchday programmes.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                          Just out of curiosity where does the hate for chelsea come from?
                          There was a time when such a question needed no reply. As Ted says, they had the upper hand for a long while through sheer force of numbers.

I hated them as a kid (60s early 70s) because a lot of their support came from outside their manor and they tended to attract a kind of showbiz, Kings Rd hipster crowd.

I have to say though that West Ham usually gave them a game off the park......... Milwall apart, WHU could look after themselves back in the day. I'd say both were more than enough for Chelsea. CFC just bullied our lot but weren't so brave elsewhere......

Comment

Originally posted by Mublock View Post
                            Mr I am QPR fan will be on pitch handing the prem trophy to the scum .

Tut tut
                            Chelsea was a nightmare in the early 70's home and away.
                            in the 6th rd fa cup 1969/70 season, me and a couple of mates bought our tickets during the week down the box office, and were followed back to north pole road by a gang of Chelsea
                            who mugged our tickets off us.
                            at loftus road Chelsea had most of the ground including the loft which they packed solid, notably the fa cup replay during the blackouts in '74 I think, when they knocked down the wall of
                            the kids pen at the front of loftus road, plenty of kids hurt in that.
                            away games, 73, 74, 75, 76, about 30/40 of us would congregate on the north stand terrace behind the goal, but no match for the north stand boys that would prey on the away support,
                            and we would disperse after a few minutes, not without a fight of course. of course there were plenty of other qpr fans on the terrace, but just kept a low profile.
                            a few times I was done over on the way home from Stamford bridge, used to get the 31 or 28 bus, north end road always a bit dodgy after games.

the loft boys in the 70's had a few hard core fellows, but mainly kids, so no wonder the hoards of Chelsea were no match for us.
                            but over the years them kids became men, and dads, and granddads, and Chelsea found it a bit more than they could handle from the 90's up.

with all that I still don't hate them as much as I hate luton.

Comment

a sw londoner myself , all the mugs where i live and have lived say they are chelsea . they all say they go but don't , they think they are superior god knows why , ok they win trophies and we don't but most of them are just sheep that follow to just fit in , last time we played at SB they wanted 52 , and 28 each for the kids i wouldn't pay it . they've out priced a lot of their old fans but have reams of chumps from down the A3 ready to buy there tickets . the days of them being chaps are well gone by . i've met many of them in my younger days in the grey bar hotel and taken out of their firm and away from their numbers they were nobodies the real chaps would laugh at them getting bird for no money , look at that clown marriner who of any note has he ever done in a straightener and he's nicked a living at telling fairytales

Comment

Tough guy is Jason, saw him bottle it at King's Cross, " only want a beer with my mates" typical bully

Comment

Working...
                                X